• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

20211220_135951.jpg

Screenshot_20211220-134609_Translate.jpg

🤔

I use 5x as a minimum... But 10x makes sense
Makes sense based on the Doriki system anyway. Between Blueno and Lucci's base is an a x5 difference, and Luffy beating on Blueno in base then moving to a guy x5 stronger, overwhelming said guy with G2 and even keeping pace if not occasionally outperforming Zoan Lucci who's stronger than base Lucci-
x5 goes hand in hand with G2 Luffy fighting a guy x5 stronger than Blueno, but 10x makes sense based on the fact that Lucci's 4K is only a measure of his base.

I'll reserve judgement for now, but I'm anticipating that there might be scaling headaches as a result of this.
I was about to say..
This definitely doesn't effect the God Tiers (at least not until after the onigashima revisions since Luffy begins scaling there), but the currently ongoing non-god tier revisions are going to be a pain. They have been for a while- I feel for you guys.

French to english translation. "Décuplée" means "ten times" in the french translation as well. So the term "tenfold/Ten times" stays consistent across both translations.
I think its also
Decupled
adj. 1. Consisting of ten parts or members. 2. Ten times as much in size, strength, number, or amount.

I think he meant if it's usable, or agreeable on by wiki standards since it's a translation of the original, not the original itself.

Base to G2's ratings alone would change from "higher" to Mountain Level because of the 27>270 megatons amp from x10
Yeaaah.. The non-god tiers are a lil' hassle when it comes to rating their things, but at least we have a number/multiplier to go off of and scale those who fight him/scale to him to it.

I'm neither for or against the multiplier, but if this is accepted, then for Pre Timeskip we either upgrade the High 7-C+'s to Low 7-B or we remove them altogether, and Thriller Bark/Sabaody G3rd and Asura become 7-B. And this isn't accounting for speed changes.

Last edited:
We don't accept SSJ2 and 3 multipliers cause they were never stated in verse, only in extra content (daizensho or something like that), add the fact that's not consistent at all and yeah we are not using it.

Sure, last time i checked DBZ and their multipliers was a few months ago, but i doubt it changed.

Last edited:
We don't accept SSJ2 and 3 multipliers cause they were never stated in verse, only in extra content (daizensho or something like that)
You do know that neither the SSj1 was stated in the verse to be exactly 50x and that we only do it by comparing it with the Kaioken?

You do know that neither the SSj1 was stated in the verse to be exactly 50x and that we only do it by comparing it with the Kaioken?
Which is still better than nothing, as Mitch said off-site to me, that multiplier is consistent with the gap in doriki from Blueno to Lucci and the hypothetical times 2 of a Zoan (in this case Lucci's), the problem is that unlike Kaioken these two aren't accepted so we wouldn't be able to pull a SSJ multiplier and "calc" it in verse and then apply an extra source for confirmation, same way SSJ2 and 3 aren't accepted.

We don't accept SSJ2 and 3 multipliers cause they were never stated in verse, only in extra content (daizensho or something like that), add the fact that's not consistent at all and yeah we are not using it.

Sure, last time i checked DBZ and their multipliers was a few months ago, but i doubt it changed.
DBZ's multipliers aren't consistent with their feats in the first place. A character gets a x2 multiplier off their last form and jump from star level to solar system.
One Piece's multipliers in this case don't make Luffy jump from city level to island level while everyone else stays far below. It's fairly consistent with the 5x difference between Blueno<Lucci<hybrid Lucci=Luffy. It's far safer to use than ignore it altogether. We take other claims from other databooks as literal (Madara's light fang, Ichigo being "like lightning" in Shikai, the current Goken justifications, etc..) so there's no reason to brush this one off when it doesn't throw off the scale.

Databook yellow was directly stated in an SBS to be canon and Oda says he uses his databooks for content he forgets to put in the story.

I personally don't like the multiplier. Makes little sense when Base Luffy doesn't immediately die when he fights ppl who are on the level of his G2nd

I personally don't like the multiplier. Makes little sense when Base Luffy doesn't immediately die when he fights ppl who are on the level of his G2nd
?? I didn't understand...

Isn't that just his rubber that protects him or his haki?

Can you give an example? ❄️🎄

Last edited:
?? I didn't understand...

Isn't that just his rubber that protects him or his haki?

Can you give an example? ❄️🎄
Katakuri, Doffy, both are casually > G2, yet base Luffy somehow survives their attacks even with such a gap, in Kata's case he took a ridiculous amount of damage that simply makes no sense if Kata is casually 10x Luffy. Hody taking pretty much the same amount of damage from Base and G2 is also kinda inconsistent.

As a side note, G4 would become a 40x and KKG a 160x...

DBZ's multipliers aren't consistent with their feats in the first place. A character gets a x2 multiplier off their last form and jump from star level to solar system.
We only use the 50x which is actually consistent in it's first appearance, the others not being consistent doesn't matter that much ig.

One Piece's multipliers in this case don't make Luffy jump from city level to island level while everyone else stays far below.
Okay? That's good but that's not a reason to use the multiplier.

It's fairly consistent with the 5x difference between Blueno<Lucci<hybrid Lucci=Luffy.It's far safer to use than ignore it altogether.
Did you read my post right above yours? Np if you didn't but c'mon, the 5x isn't accepted, nor is the gap from hybrid to base.

We take other claims from other databooks as literal (Madara's light fang, Ichigo being "like lightning" in Shikai, the current Goken justifications, etc..) so there's no reason to brush this one off when it doesn't throw off the scale.
Multipliers are treated entirely different from other statements, rn i can't remember any multiplier that comes entirely from a databook that we accept, like SSJ2 may not be consistent but afaik SSJ3 is and we still don't use it.

No way you are going to disagree because you personally don’t like it…

there are also a lot that can factor in why luffy can tank those like haki, always getting stronger, rubber, endurance and more

No way you are going to disagree because you personally don’t like it…

there are also a lot that can factor in why luffy can tank those like haki, always getting stronger, rubber, endurance and more
When did i say i don't like it? I am like that with all multipliers in and out of OP.

Kata was using haki in most of his attacks iirc so Rubber wouldn't matter, while Luffy doesn't have his buso always up when clashing with Kata iirc, always getting stronger makes no sense here cause i am not talking about any Post-Kata Luffy, i am talking about the one who fought him. Neither of those null Hody and anyone else who has feats against both base and G2.

Kata was using haki in most of his attacks iirc so Rubber wouldn't matter
Haki has resistance to resistance negation...
Luffy doesn't have his buso always up when clashing with Kata iirc, always getting stronger makes no sense here cause i am not talking about any Post-Kata Luffy
Luffy's Haki, Devil Fruit and himself gets stronger continuously especially when fighting
Neither of those null Hody and anyone else who has feats against both base and G2.
Show me...

11.png
12.png

Absolutely destroys hody in gear 2nd

17.png
4.png

Does little damage in base

8.png
9.png

Absolutely destroys hody with Armament Haki

And that stays consistent up to when Luffy finishes hody with gear 3rd

Last edited:
Databook yellow was directly stated in an SBS to be canon and Oda says he uses his databooks for content he forgets to put in the story.

There was such a constant argument during previous vs debates about how the likes of Luffy and Zoro can soak up damage that far outclasses their durability in base. Why ignore it now? Luffy's opponents were never strong enough to flat out one shot him pre ts anyway, because if the gap between himself and Lucci was x10, Lucci still had to bypass his rubberiness, which he failed.

Back