• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

One piece red is cool and all. But can we talk about why page one is above jinbe attack potency wise when jinbe fought a superior flying six member?

Random Transparent One Piece Image
Ace-Original-Edited.png

Not sure what I did but at least I tried something 😅🐵

Big brain lads, SBS 100 had interesting info:
Apparently the reason the Mountain God survived and just got literally stitched back together is because Oden's cut was SO PRECISE that it literally did not damage boar's body and it stayedfine even after being cut in half.
Basically Oden's cut is so.. ODEN, that the blood vessels, organs, skin, muscles and bone all stayed active and the body literally got repaired by just getting slapped together and stitched on the outside.

I'm not a surgeon to get the logic behind that, but what ability does that qualify as, and is it given to Oden yet?

Limited Biological Manipulation?
Wish I knew. Wouldn't cutting on that level to where the body literally just reattaches and functions at least HOURS after that cut (because Oden leaves right after, so he couldn't have done it, nor would the scabbards have until they either revisited, or after they were done fixing the town after Oden left) require cellular levels of severing? Muscules staying functioning and the brain being alive, as well as none to very minimal bleeding (even a severed in half skull since the cut was between the jaws and down) means the cells had to have either ceased functioning, or were parted to the point where the body was unaware that it was cut at least a few hours after.

I can get the "One Piece logic" bit of it, but- Oda went out of his way to put emphasis on the cut itself being THAT different because of his swordsmanship.

Apparently the reason the Mountain God survived and just got literally stitched back together is because Oden's cut was SO PRECISE that it literally did not damage boar's body and it stayedfine even after being cut in half.
Basically Oden's cut is so.. ODEN, that the blood vessels, organs, skin, muscles and bone all stayed active and the body literally got repaired by just getting slapped together and stitched on the outside.

I'm not a surgeon to get the logic behind that, but what ability does that qualify as, and is it given to Oden yet?
So Oden can essentially replicate one of Law's abilities by sheer swordsmanship skill

I don't think it qualifies for anything other then a skill feat

So Oden can essentially replicate one of Law's abilities by sheer swordsmanship skill
Apparently. I dunno how SBS 101 is translated but 100 isn't in english, but the french translation, Oda's answer is translated as:
Oda : "C’est vrai. Il vit très bien. Vous n’en avez pas entendu parler ? Si un bras ou quelque chose est coupé de façon particulièrement nette, alors la surface peut être recollée juste comme ça ! Donc Yamagami, parce que la coupe de Mikita était si parfaite, il est recollé !!!"

Oda: "That's right. He lives very well. You have not heard about it ? If an arm or something is cut particularly clean, then the surface can be reattached just like that! So Yamagami, because the sword's cut was so perfect, he's stuck together !!!"

The obvious cap is "you can reattach it JUST LIKE THAT". You can't even NOW with our advancements replant a finger after 12 hours, and that's with surgery, reattaching muscles and blood vessels, etc..
That boar literally just got put back together like a lego and we don't see any blood coming out of its sides or anything- good as new. (Minus the obvious stitches)

well a ton of skill feats make no sense but are still mainly skill feats
No... Skill feats aren't just skill feat... For example Soru isn't just a skill feat, it's a speed boost as well. If that the case then anything with skill shouldn't have an ability on their profile which literally makes no sense....

BRO I'M GETTING..... 🐵🐵🐵🐵

well a ton of skill feats make no sense but are still mainly skill feats
Air blasts from swords are considered "air manipulation". Mihawk's blade deflecting projectiles without detonating them is considered "attack refelction". They're skill BASED feats, but they have an ability associated to them.
Oden cutting something on that level is a skill based feat, but the RESULT of it is something that should be named.

Monkey beat me to it. That, too. Alot of abilities for swordsmen wouldn't be noted, like Kitsunebi-ryu's fire manipulation, Goken's damage boost, etc, because they're all "sword skill" feats.

The image of kaido on his vivre card? Or you mean are the vivre card information on his profile then I don't know think so 🤷‍♂️

Back