• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

Saying that Marco healing the Samurai costed his own stamina is like saying Ace's fire fist continuing to burn a building was taking stamina from him.

That's just the nature of Marco's flames. Instead of burning, they heal. Outside of the original casting of the flames, the effects (instead of burning, it heals), it does not take stamina.
Tbf it did seem like his intention was to expend fire to stop the ice plague rather than that simply being a side effect of his fighting.

Regardless, it's still kind of sad for a stamina feat. We've seen characters like Ace and Sabo engulf entire city blocks in flames without breaking a sweat. Doflamingo turned an entire city block into strings. But Marco's big excuse is that he used his flames to keep a couple hundred samurai warm💀

"You're fighting me" doesn't mean the same thing as "You were supposed to be fighting me, remember?"
Take away the "remember" and it actually does.
Not a limiter? Why would he have ever had to? That's like saying Luffy can't coat his right ass cheek in haki because he's never shown it before. Haki is Haki.
When does he ever coat anything in Haki?
Marco's regeneration flames are just healing as normal fire burns.
Yes, but they're not consuming fuel, and they would disappear if he fell unconscious, right?

No, it's more like saying Ace creating and manipulating a giant dragon costed stamina.
No it is not.

so-this-is-a-mistake-oda-made-i-am-anime-only-so-spoiler-v0-ymz7im144vo81.jpg

"The fire is for revival. Unlike real fire, it doesn't spread or give off heat."

Instead of burning, it heals.

Take away the "remember" and it actually does.
"Remember" is your entire point, as that single word means that Marco is reminding Queen that they were fighting, which directly implies that Queen got distracted, which is your entire point.
When does he ever coat anything in Haki?
Basic Haki ability.
they're not consuming fuel
The target's stamina is the fuel as he stated. Once they run out of stamina, the flames disappear.

In the same way, when normal fire is burning something, when it runs out of fuel, the flames disappear.

I've already explained 1 million times why Kidd's repel against Big Mom on the rooftop does not scale him to her LS.

Big Mom is being repelled into the air, meaning Kidd would unironically only scale to her weight and not her LS as she has no solid surface or means to resist the repulsion.
I was referring to Assign, though.

"Remember" is your entire point, as that single word means that Marco is reminding Queen that they were fighting, which directly implies that Queen got distracted, which is your entire point.
No, "you're supposed to be fighting me" still works.
Basic Haki ability.
So it should be easy to prove.
The target's stamina is the fuel as he stated. Once they run out of stamina, the flames disappear.
When did he say the flames disappear? All he said was that the disease would take them, right?

In the same way, when normal fire is burning something, when it runs out of fuel, the flames disappear.
But it should still take energy to start and spread the fire to begin with, even if its minimal
I agree that after the fire is expended it doesn't continue to sap from marco's stamina, but using it to begin with is what I think slendveny is referring to.

No, "you're supposed to be fighting me" still works.
Marco never said that.
So it should be easy to prove.
Prove thats Luffy can apply haki to his left ass cheek, or that Kaidou can apply Haki to his right horn.

Do you now understand how stupid your argument sounds?
All he said was that the disease would take them
Which means that the flames aren't working anymore...? If flames don't have fuel, they disappear. It's the same reason why Marco couldn't regenerate after a while in chapter 1022 based on his STAMINA.

But it should still take energy to start and spread the fire to begin with, even if its minimal
I agree that after the fire is expended it doesn't continue to sap from marco's stamina, but using it to begin with is what I think slendveny is referring to.
This is what I am saying, yes. And I would say maybe maintaining the fire's form, but that one is tough to prove.

I'm not disagreeing with you? I quite literally said that the activation of the fire takes stamina.

Slend is claiming that Marco's stamina was being taken while fighting Queen + King from the fire that was already on the Samurai, which is wrong..

About Yamato, we know that at the very least her durability exceeds 1010 Luffy, and her Ap should be about equal

Rooftop Asura Zoro is inferior to 1010 Luffy, but KoH Zoro should be superior.

I'm not disagreeing with you? I quite literally said that the activation of the fire takes stamina.

Slend is claiming that Marco's stamina was being taken while fighting Queen + King from the fire that was already on the Samurai, which is wrong..
Ah ok I misunderstood his argument

Marco never said that.
You're fighting me = we are fighting = we have been in a fight
Prove thats Luffy can apply haki to his left ass cheek, or that Kaidou can apply Haki to his right horn.
I don't care if they can. I care if they DO. Also, Luffy coats his asscheeks in Haki for Boundman.
Do you now understand how stupid your argument sounds?
Nope.
Which means that the flames aren't working anymore...? If flames don't have fuel, they disappear.
The stamina could refer to the body FIGHTING THE ACTUAL VIRUS.
It's the same reason why Marco couldn't regenerate after a while in chapter 1022 based on his STAMINA.
I agree that if Marco doesn't have stamina, his flames fail. Probably for the other stuff too, neutral on that though.

No marco's flames were stated to have been fueled by the person's stamina rather than his own

khxWtIG.png
No, I didn't mean the properties of the flames, I meant keeping them from getting put out or whatever, not completely sure on that point though since that might also be the same thing?

Not what I'm claiming, I gave up that point a while ago.

One clashed with Hao + Hybrid Kaido and knocked him down, the other using everything failed to knock Kaido down.
Ok but in terms of ap zoro's attack should be superior
Luffy produced more force behind his attack and probably had better haki aswell, but ap-wise zoro scarred kaido

Have we ever seen Luffy cover his teeth in Haki?

If not, then how do we know he's capable of doing so?

That's literally what people who claim Queen can't coat his mech body in haki are saying.

Back