• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

Cipher Pol should have been at Marineford to assassinate Whitebeard, but gotten their shit stomped by the captains. Like, imagine the scene of a whole army coming out to attack one ship, and then Speed Jiru just decks Lucci in the face. Not only would having a team of elite assassins raise the stakes, it would lead to clearer scaling for the featless, and more fights.

Also missing from Marineford? Buggy's crew, who should've been in prison with him. All the Spade Pirates, who had no screentime the whole fight. Seriously, are they fodders? I would assume Masked Deuce is at least Vice Admiral level now. Law, because he did nothing the whole time. DOFLAMINGO WAS RIGHT THERE YOU IDIOT, HE HAD NO BACKUP AND YOU HAD A WHOLE CREW!! Finally, literally any of Roger's old buddies. Rayleigh knew what was up, he knew how it was gonna be. I'll give him a pass though, since his only way to get there is swimming across the ocean.

However, there is one last force that could have easily intervened. A force for whom the Marines losing the war would have proved highly beneficial, and who already had operatives on the scene. The Revolutionary Army. Dragon knew what was coming, he had to. Imagine him showing up with his whole crew, they would have obliterated Akainu.

Why would Dragon get into a war that doesn't even involve him or anything he's interested in?
Hell, we may find out he didn't even care to fight BB and just had a few clashes with him.
After all, his enemy is the WG, not pirates or random marines.

Why would Dragon get into a war that doesn't even involve him or anything he's interested in?
Hell, we may find out he didn't even care to fight BB and just had a few clashes with him.
After all, his enemy is the WG, not pirates or random marines.
He would show up to:
-Protect Luffy
-Pick up Ivankov
-Talk some sense into Kuma
-Take down some Admirals
-Inspire revolutionary thought through live television.

That freezing fire isn't a thing?
Cough Fairy Tail Cough

But yeah, Yamato isn't freezing King's fire, although even if Zoan King scaled to Enma Zoro, Hao + Hybrid Yamato still has the AP advantage.

King with flames is obviously more durable, but Yamato's durability is so high that she could take plenty of hits from King, maybe even one or 2 of his one-shot attacks (since she took hits from an enraged Hao + Hybrid Kaido, who one-shot Buso Rooftop Luffy who took hits from normal Hybrid Kaido without Buso).

Flame-Off King should be about as fast as Thunder Bagua, aka Yamato's reaction speed.

IMO King has the better ranged options and his heat will burn Yamato if it hits her, not to mention it should be capable of melting her ice over time.

So King has range, durability, speed w/ flames off (but not by much, since Yamato should still be capable of tagging him), and amps to speed and ap, while Yamato has Ice for defense, superior AP peak-to-peak (one-shots not included), and utterly monstrous durability/endurance.

Unless King's IQ gets cut in 2 like in canon, I'd give it to him extreme diff.

King is faster than Yamato
More durable
Has much better range and aoe
Has better endurance
Has better experience
Has flight
Has high enough heat to burn her badly
Has good enough AP to be competitive with Yamato

King would not be pressured to take off his flames, and even if he did, he would just blitz her.

King is faster than Yamato
More durable
Has much better range and aoe
Has better endurance
Has better experience
Has flight
Has high enough heat to burn her badly
Has good enough AP to be competitive with Yamato

King would not be pressured to take off his flames, and even if he did, he would just blitz her.
Brb gonna go make a rematch.

That freezing fire isn't a thing?
You know damn well what I was trying to say.
Throughout OP we've seen this happen:
Akainu vs Kuzan
Kuzan vs Ace
Kaidou vs Yamato
Fire/Magma and Ice cancel each other out. Thus, Yamato can cancel King's flames.
Not sure if she can do it to the flame on his back though.
Cough Fairy Tail Cough

But yeah, Yamato isn't freezing King's fire, although even if Zoan King scaled to Enma Zoro, Hao + Hybrid Yamato still has the AP advantage.

King with flames is obviously more durable, but Yamato's durability is so high that she could take plenty of hits from King, maybe even one or 2 of his one-shot attacks (since she took hits from an enraged Hao + Hybrid Kaido, who one-shot Buso Rooftop Luffy who took hits from normal Hybrid Kaido without Buso).

Flame-Off King should be about as fast as Thunder Bagua, aka Yamato's reaction speed.

IMO King has the better ranged options and his heat will burn Yamato if it hits her, not to mention it should be capable of melting her ice over time.

So King has range, durability, speed w/ flames off (but not by much, since Yamato should still be capable of tagging him), and amps to speed and ap, while Yamato has Ice for defense, superior AP peak-to-peak (one-shots not included), and utterly monstrous durability/endurance.

Unless King's IQ gets cut in 2 like in canon, I'd give it to him extreme diff.
To be fair, King would still need to turn his flame off to do more damage ( and possibly overpower her but I doubt it ) and even be close to blitzing her.
His heat is probably over her ice, yeah, but she should still be able to stop it a little since she matched Kaidou's Bolo Breath and stopped Kazenbo temporarily.
Range and Durability advantage are valid.
I don't need to explain durability, range is mainly due to him having somewhat longer attacks from long ranges and said attacks are better than Yamato's ( Narikabura was swatted by Kaidou quite easily ).
So yeah, extreme diff, because he naturally turns the flames off to blitz people, that isn't PIS.
Though honestly I'd give it to Yamato.

You know damn well what I was trying to say.
Throughout OP we've seen this happen:
Akainu vs Kuzan
Kuzan vs Ace
Kaidou vs Yamato
Fire/Magma and Ice cancel each other out. Thus, Yamato can cancel King's flames.
Not sure if she can do it to the flame on his back though
No, I didn't.

If you want people to understand you, word it in a way so that they will. Don't expect people to operate on the same weird ass wavelength that you do.

"Marco fought King for 30 minutes so he's above Zoro"
Zoro defeated King. Marco almost died to King. Big difference.
Also I don't think we know how long Luffy fought Kaidou.
A few dozen minutes+

few = at least 3
dozen = 12
a few dozen = at least 36

Mind you, this flashback started when we first see Sanji carrying Zoro, which means that the already 36+ minutes added on to the time between we see Sanji carrying Zoro and Luffy getting knocked out would likely add up to at least 40 minutes

Zoro defeated King. Marco almost died to King. Big difference.
"Marco almost died"
Show me the blood all over him. Show me a severed limb. Show me something indicating he was actually going to die to King.
A few dozen minutes+

few = at least 3
dozen = 12
a few dozen = at least 36

Mind you, this flashback started when we first see Sanji carrying Zoro, which means that the already 36+ minutes added on to the time between we see Sanji carrying Zoro and Luffy getting knocked out would likely add up to at least 40 minutes
This is over analyzing.
Do you really think Oda carefully picks which words he uses to convey time passin?

Back