• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

I remember when Kachon lashed out at me because I said Marco could beat Sanji and that his shockwave attack could hurt him.
I 'lashed out' at you because you claimed that shockwaves could put Sanji down despite us literally just having a page conversation about how Sanji can easily regenerate from it, or just endure it as he and people with less impressive endurance than him has done before.

Most of the time it is indeed shit, it can really only be used when the confident guy has seen their targets power (such as seeing someone else get clobbered by it) and yet still be willing to fight them.

And even then, there are some confident ***** (like Luffy and Kid) who are so Leeroy Jenkins that they can never, ever use confidence scaling.

Just like with Sasaki and Who's-Who thinking they were strong enough to fight Jack.
The funniest example is Kizaru thinking he can stop 2 Emperors and their crews at once
And these Admiral fans really think he was gonna basically turn into Zoro from this pic:
unknown.png

I 'lashed out' at you because you claimed that shockwaves could put Sanji down despite us literally just having a page conversation about how Sanji can easily regenerate from it, or just endure it as he and people with less impressive endurance than him has done before.
You responded by posting an image of him taking a shockwave... and then coughing up blood and being repelled.
Excellent argument bro.
No offense but you shouldn't engage in debates like that if you can't provide actual evidence as to why Sanji would win against him.

Luffy in Water 7 thought he was good enough to fight Aokiji
Which is why I said he and Kid are 2 people who can never use that scaling.

The funniest example is Kizaru thinking he can stop 2 Emperors and their crews at once
And these Admiral fans really think he was gonna basically turn into Zoro from this pic:
unknown.png
Tbf, Kizaru does have dura neg (which is why he beat BM in that one vs thread).

You responded by posting an image of him taking a shockwave... and then coughing up blood and being repelled.
I didn't think I had to post the scan on him getting up right after and oneshotting the dude that used the shockwave. I thought you read the manga, but I guess being literate isn't very common among One Piece fans nowadays.

I didn't think I had to post the scan on him getting up right after and oneshotting the dude that used the shockwave. I thought you read the manga, but I guess being literate isn't very common among One Piece fans nowadays.
Too bad he can't one shot Marco. P.S., Marco's shockwave is much stronger than the shockwave that dude from Skypiea used.

Marco's shockwave is much stronger than the shockwave that dude from Skypiea used.
Okay? Sanji still has endurance high enough to endure having ****** up internal organs and bones + he now has regen, so I have no idea why you keep on bringing up these shockwaves. It's so braindead.

I have no interest in continuing this Marco v Sanji bullshit because arguing with you it literally just rotting my brain.

Too bad he can't one shot Marco
Thats not the point? I'm saying that despite having his insides turned to mush, he was still able to get up right after and use powerful attacks. A shockwave from Marco isn't putting him down. I don't know how many times I have to repeat this to you in order for you to finally understand.

Okay? Sanji still has endurance high enough to endure having ****** up internal organs and bones + he now has regen, so I have no idea why you keep on bringing up these shockwaves. It's so braindead.

I have no interest in continuing this Marco v Sanji bullshit because arguing with you it literally just rotting my brain.
Convenient you mention the word braindead- that may be what Sanji is after Marco hits him with his shockwave ball. BTW didn't Sanji try to get rid of his regen by smashing the raid suit and simply fighting normally ( though he did use his exoskeleton to his advantage to take down Queen )?

Thats not the point? I'm saying that despite having his insides turned to mush, he was still able to get up right after and use powerful attacks. A shockwave from Marco isn't putting him down. I don't know how many times I have to repeat this to you in order for you to finally understand.
Ah... so interesting.. they only mentioned his bones being broken and nothing about his organs being ruptured from the attack.. perhaps I read it wrong or Oda just forgot to mention his mashed up organs? smh Oda is such a hack..

they only mentioned his bones being broken and nothing about his organs being ruptured from the attack.. perhaps I read it wrong or Oda just forgot to mention his mashed up organs?
I didn't mention organs. I said insides. Bones are part of Sanji's insides.
Well you see, when you suffer a blow to the cranium, it damages your brain and thus affects your thinking.
He has already gotten hit with shockwaves directly to the face, and he got up right after with no brain damage and being able to function perfectly.

I didn't mention organs. I said insides. Bones are part of Sanji's insides.

He has already gotten hit with shockwaves directly to the face, and he got up right after with no brain damage and being able to function perfectly.
Bones are nothing, we've seen bones get broken and people still enduring it easily. Usopp even does that. I'm saying what if he gets a shockwave to his head? Also you keep posting that panel of the dude from skypiea who's shockwaves definitely aren't as strong as Marco's. Though I suppose you're right that he easily withstood the one from the skypiea guy.

you keep posting that panel of the dude from skypiea who's shockwaves definitely aren't as strong as Marco's
What does strength have to do with anything??? They're dura neg shockwaves that both destroy the insides.

A human could be hit with a 8-B dura neg attack to the head and a 5-B dura neg attack to the head. The outcome is the same. Sanji was able to endure the pain of having dura neg applied directly to his brain, meaning that wether the dura neg attack in question is 1 trillion tons or 100 tons, he'd be able to endure it.

What does strength have to do with anything??? They're dura neg shockwaves that both destroy the insides.

A human could be hit with a 8-B dura neg attack to the head and a 5-B dura neg attack to the head. The outcome is the same. Sanji was able to endure the pain of having dura neg applied directly to his brain, meaning that wether the dura neg attack in question is 1 trillion tons or 100 tons, he'd be able to endure it.
Why do you think Sanji could beat Marco anyway?
Speed and Durability are the only fields he surpasses him in and even then Marco would still be able to avoid his attacks atleast, and hurt him as well.
Like just think about it for a second
He can't use heat as Marco has been able to clash with and stop people like Akainu ( who has blatantly better heat than Sanji ), so his flames are out of the question
He can't rely on his exoskeleton and/or armament because Marco can just spam dura neg attacks or try to rip a hole in him with his beak/talons similar to King.
And honestly the only thing he can do is go "invisible", but Marco has Observation so he'd easily know where Sanji went.
There really isn't much Sanji could do, I don't see how he'd win this.

Usopp running away in fear from an attack defeating people stronger than him ≠ People full of themselves thinking they could beat people stronger
Yeah, people would scared for facing the enemy when they know what the capable of. Luffy is confident fight Kaido without knowing how to damage Kaido bodies. He got 1 one hit knoked out by Kaido, Later on in Udon Luffy fell unconfident fighting Kaido if he doesn't mastered the Dura Neg.
This also applies to how Tobiroppo who has known and see the power of the Calamities Commanders for years, so they confidence in their own strength.

Yeah, people would scared for facing the enemy when they know what the capable of. Luffy is confident fight Kaido without knowing how to damage Kaido bodies. He got 1 one hit knoked out by Kaido, Later on in Udon Luffy fell unconfident fighting Kaido if he doesn't mastered the Dura Neg.
This also applies to how Tobiroppo who has known and see the power of the Calamities Commanders for years, so they confidence in their own strength.
It's kinda confirmed that they haven't seen each other in a very long time, so yeah, nah

Why do you think Sanji could beat Marco anyway?
Base Sanji with no amps is already faster than all versions of Marco. Add that on top of his better usage of Kenbun, higher skill, higher durability, regen and endurance that he can use to counter shockwaves, Buso that can negate his regen, Flames that when they hit (FRB they will hit when he counters) would do good damage, battle smarts good enough to read patterns and fight accordingly, Sanji should be able to cleanly win.
who has blatantly better heat than Sanji
Based on?
so his flames are out of the question
Not necessarily. Marco only blows away flames when he uses blue flames to smother them. That happening is quite low as Sanji is primarily a counter fighter and already has vastly superior speed.

If Marco smothering his flames happens once or twice, Sanji wouldn't just keep doing the same thing over and over again. He'd come up with one or more different approaches that would give him the upper hand.
Marco can just spam dura neg attacks
Sanji can just regen or just dodge.

Did you just say that as if Akainu didn't actively counter a flame user (Ace)? Do you think Sanji's flames are hotter than literal magma? You gotta be ******** me. Why am I always up against these types of Sanji fans?
Proof that Akainu's magma is hotter than Sanji's fire?

Using Ace as your reasoning makes no sense as Sanji is now vastly superior to his level of heat. If Akainu has no feats of heat superiority to Sanji's then I'd have a hard time accepting using Marco blocking Akainu's magma as a valid reason as to why Marco > Sanji

Did you just say that as if Akainu didn't actively counter a flame user (Ace)? Do you think Sanji's flames are hotter than literal magma? You gotta be ******** me. Why am I always up against these types of Sanji fans?
I don't think heat of Sanji's fire is the main case of Marco fighting Sanji, because Marco can simply absorb the fire.

Base Sanji with no amps is already faster than all versions of Marco.
Marco was fast enough to intercept beams from Kizaru in a short amount of time, and Kizaru's attack was nearly at it's destination too.
unknown.png

Add that on top of his better usage of Kenbun, higher skill, higher durability, regen and endurance that he can use to counter shockwaves, Buso that can negate his regen, Flames that when they hit (FRB they will hit when he counters) would do good damage, battle smarts good enough to read patterns and fight accordingly, Sanji should be able to cleanly win.
Doesn't have higher skill, that's just headcanon.
Better usage of Kenbun is valid.
Higher durability, valid.
regen, valid
endurance... sure?
but some of these don't matter because against Marco has dura neg attacks plus he can just pick apart Sanji and spam shockwaves on his weak spots ( I said this before, he can just spam them on his head ).
Not necessarily. Marco only blows away flames when he uses blue flames to smother them. That happening is quite low as Sanji is primarily a counter fighter and already has vastly superior speed.

If Marco smothering his flames happens once or twice, Sanji wouldn't just keep doing the same thing over and over again. He'd come up with one or more different approaches that would give him the upper hand.
There isn't much Sanji can do though. He's a close range fighter, he's gonna have to get in close to land hits, but that's dangerous since Marco can counter his flames and strike back. Marco also has the advantage of being far more mobile in air.
Proof that Akainu's magma is hotter than Sanji's fire?

Using Ace as your reasoning makes no sense as Sanji is now vastly superior to his level of heat. If Akainu has no feats of heat superiority to Sanji's then I'd have a hard time accepting using Marco blocking Akainu's magma as a valid reason as to why Marco > Sanji
It's pretty obvious Akainu's magma is hotter than his fire. Akainu can vaporize metal with his ambient heat and easily put holes in people who can withstand Ace's flames and still move after. For example, Jinbe fought Ace for 5 days, but he couldn't stay conscious for much longer after Akainu punched a hole in him. Akainu always melts people who get touched by his magma, but Sanji couldn't do that to Queen.

I'll join the debate on Marco vs Sanji

Sanji main weapon is his fire, if his fire get absorbed then Sanji can only use his Raw strenght and Haki.
In term of Haki who you think have Stronger haki, King or Sanji ? because King can't negate Marco's Regen but still dealing damage.
In term of Physical strength and Speed they shouldnt have big gap or even they have related scaling chain.
Skill and combat experience I'll give it to Marco

So overall Marco will win with Mid difficulty.

I'll join the debate on Marco vs Sanji

Sanji main weapon is his fire, if his fire get absorbed then Sanji can only use his Raw strenght and Haki.
In term of Haki who you think have Stronger haki, King or Sanji ? because King can't negate Marco's Regen but still dealing damage.
In term of Physical strength and Speed they shouldnt have big gap or even they have related scaling chain.

So overall Marco will win with Mid difficulty.
image0.png

Marco was fast enough to intercept beams from Kizaru in a short amount of time, and Kizaru's attack was nearly at it's destination too.
unknown.png
Sanji's calc is higher than that feat was calced at. Also, Sanji has a much higher scaling chain speed-wise than Marco
Doesn't have higher skill, that's just headcanon.
Name a single skill feat from Marco that is at the very least comparable to Sanji's feats.
because against Marco has dura neg attacks
Dude what? We just settled this with endurance and regen.
he can just pick apart Sanji and spam shockwaves on his weak spots
Not in character to do, Sanji would keep regenerating, and this is all assuming these shockwave spams would even hit him. The shockwave attack Marco used was Phoenix Brand, which is a projectile. Is there proof that Marco can spam that? Sanji would just easily see these coming as he did with Queen's beams.
Marco can counter his flames and strike back.
As much as I'd like to say that this is a valid argument, this is Sanji we're talking about. He excels in countering, hitting weak spots, and finding openings/patterns when fighting close. This isn't dangerous for him at all. In fact, this is his strong suit, while Marco is more suited for fighting at mid-range and using his mobility to his advantage. If Sanji gets close, it'd be better for him than for Marco.
Marco also has the advantage of being far more mobile in air.
Fair, but Sanji is no slouch in the air either. It's his forté after all.

Unrelated to air battles, I just found this: Sanji enduring his organs being crushed under pressure and being able to hold on through sheer endurance, and still be able to KO his opponent with a quick and powerful combo.

Akainu can vaporize metal with his ambient heat
The ambient heat that PTS Luffy withstood? A stronger and logically higher heat resistance Luffy got burned by WCI Sanji's Diable Jambe. WCI Diable Jambe > Akainu's ambient heat.
easily put holes in people who can withstand Ace's flames and still move after
Pretty sure that's mostly an AP feat.
Jinbe fought Ace for 5 days, but he couldn't stay conscious for much longer after Akainu punched a hole in him
I can do the same thing with Sanji. Sanji used Diable Jambe for the majority of his fight with Queen, and it couldn't even penetrate his hide. When Sanji used Ifrit Jambe, Queen wasn't able to stay conscious.

Not going to touch on this as I already did before. Read above if you haven't.
We didn't even see their fight and wether King used Haki or not. Sanji and Marco both have 4 layers of Buso Haki, so as the wiki stands right now, he'd be able to negate Marco's regen to some extent.
Marco has an ambigious slight physical strength advantage over Sanji, but it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

As for Speed, Sanji is far above Marco. Here is how the scaling chain looks like right now:

Marco Speed ~ Queen Reactions ~ Base Raid Sanji Speed < Diable Raid Sanji Speed << Base Post-Exo Sanji Speed < Diable Post-Exo Sanji Speed < Ifrit Post-Exo Sanji Speed

Sanji's top speed is 4+ places in the chain higher than Marco's top speed. This shouldn't really be a point of contention. It's clear.
Skill ≠ Experience. They are related and could feed into each other but at the end of the day, they are not the same.

Of course Marco has more experience than Sanji. He's a veteran that has been around for decades. Marco just lacks the skill feats to say that he has greater skill than Sanji.

I love Marco, but as he said himself, it's time for the Stars to take the stage. Sanji wins mid diff.

Sanji's calc is higher than that feat was calced at. Also, Sanji has a much higher scaling chain speed-wise than Marco

Name a single skill feat from Marco that is at the very least comparable to Sanji's feats.
His fights with the Admirals
Dude what? We just settled this with endurance and regen.
All these pictures you're giving me are ones of him still being injured badly by these attacks, though. If the attack is strong enough he's likely to still die, that's what it seems like right now.
Anyway until you can convince me that Sanji can get past Marco's defense and get a good counter attack in I'm still gonna vote Marco, because again:
Sanji's heat isn't a problem for him, he directly countered magma punches from Akainu.
Sanji's Armament isn't a problem for him. You said it: They have the same level of Armament, and you can't counter DF effects if your level of Haki is the same as your opponents, it has to be higher than their's.
Sanji's durability is countered by Marco's durability neg, simple.
Endurance and regen won't matter if Marco keeps hitting him hard in specific spots, he'd still get knocked out/killed eventually, I said that earlier in this message.
The speed difference isn't huge, as again, Marco can clash with Admirals and fly up to, and then stop, giant beams of light completely in very short periods of time, and if Sanji disappears Marco uses his observation to spot and tag him.
So I still think Marco wins mid diff

Back