• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

I've heard light can be diverted, affected or even specifically shaped by pressure waves (obviously in a very different way, though), like ultrasonics.

Given this translation, maybe that's what her gauntlets do rather than copying Haki properties.

Here's a list of all the people I think are "YC1/Admiral" level, as in they technically have the same AP/durability as the Yonko tiers and can definitely take hits from them and damage them to some extent, but in a 1v1 they definitely aren't winning:

1. Marco: The dude can definitely hang out with the big boys, as shown by him fighting all 3 admirals at Marineford, to say nothing of him matching Big Mom's AP, but I can't see him being truly Yonko level due to his stamina issues and lack of major offensive trump cards. He has defense for days, for sure, but just the fact that BM easily restrained him shows that he has a ways to go.

2. Kizaru, Aokiji, Akainu, and maybe Greenbull: The first 3 are absolute no-brainers, as Kizaru matched Rayleigh while Akainu damaged Whitebeard greatly (and matched him and tanked hits from him) and Aokiji scales to Akainu, but the fact it took 3 of them to match a sick Whitebeard, not to mention that Marco could 1v1 these guys, means that aside from maybe post-timeskip Akainu these guys aren't true Yonko Tier. Greenbull is a maybe since he's below these guys, but still managed to easily overpower multiple Scabbards at once and matched Dragon Momo.

2.5. Speaking of which, Dragon Momo is likely at this level, considering he hurt Zoan Kaido and badly hurt Greenbull. If he ever masters his skill and powers, he'll probably be Yonko level.

3. Jozu and Ace: Simple Enough. They both matched Aokiji, they belong here.

4. Kozuki Oden: The Oden fans might hate me for this, but while Oden definitely has the power to fight a Yonko for a good while, his durability is a tad lacking, as shown by Kaido one-shotting him when he was off guard. Also, he lacks good AP boosts like Haoshoku Infusion or some DF ability, in contrast to other YCI tier people like Zoro.

5. Rayleigh: The dude intimidated Blackbeard and matched an Admiral, he belongs here for sure.

6. King: He somewhat matched Marco in Base, has yonko-lvl durability with his flames on, and gave Zoro the fight of his life.

7. Zoro: While his base without Haki is "only" Scabbard level, literally all his buffs put him at YCI level, and his endurance combined with his Haoshoku and Asura make him a force to be reckoned with. The dude literally scarred a Yonko.

8. Post-Udon Gear 4 Luffy and Post-Haoshoku Luffy before Gear 5: Yes he did a lot of damage to Kaido, but the fact that Kaido outlasted his pre-Udon Gear 4 and took a ****-ton of Post-Haoshoku Luffy's hits (even his G4 attacks) while doing far few hits to Luffy shows that without G5, Luffy was not quite on par with a Yonko.

9. Law and Kid: The two did do a lot of damage to an amped BM and took plenty of hits, but it's clear they would've lost a fair fight.

10. Yamato: She was close to Kaido in power during their entire fight but was always slightly inferior.

I've heard light can be diverted, affected or even specifically shaped by pressure waves (obviously in a very different way, though), like ultrasonics.
I've heard that too, but Ultrasonic wave is not Electromagnetic wave, or you mean that Ultrasonic also can be diverted ?
Yee I know... But my original question was if light can stand still
No, I think because Electromagnetic wave always move, Atlas was punched what those light visualized, The Dragon. Theorytically, let's say if Kizaru shot a laser beam, Atlas can Bend the Laser without reflecting the light, if Zoro uses his sword to deflect/reflect the laser beam using the nature of the light itself, which can be reflected. The light waves will not be disturbed, while Atlas uses the glove to counter the nature of the light waves, much like Darkseid's Omega beam can change direction.

No, I think because Electromagnetic wave always move, Atlas was punched what those light visualized, The Dragon. Theorytically, let's say if Kizaru shot a laser beam, Atlas can Bend the Laser without reflecting the light, if Zoro uses his sword to deflect/reflect the laser beam using the nature of the light itself, which can be reflected. The light waves will not be disturbed, while Atlas uses the glove to counter the nature of the light waves, much like Darkseid's Omega beam can change direction.
Mmm... 🤔 uhh, bro... It's hard replying to this... But let's say I open a lamp... Is in that lamp standing still or moving is/was my question the rest I already know 😅

Mmm... 🤔 uhh, bro... It's hard replying to this... But let's say I open a lamp... Is in that lamp standing still or moving is/was my question the rest I already know 😅
The Photon particle will always move the area that Focused the line of the light isnt, if you have the sme gloves as Atlas then you can bend the area.
Are they even light? I have always been confused/unsure if they are or not since they seem very inconsistent and stuff whenever I see them
Idk, I thought it's a light beam/optical beam wich is also electromagnitic wave that got Focused, no?

Idk, I thought it's a light beam/optical beam wich is also electromagnitic wave that got Focused, no?
Don't think they are 🤔
Darkseid's Omega Beams are powerful blasts of cosmic energy that he can fire from his eyes.
Darkseid gets his power from an energy called the Omega Effect. This energy allows him to emit Omega Beams which are powerful bio-electric energy beams that can be concentrated, and fired from his eyes which can lock into a target to ensure it never misses and disintegrate a selected target

No... Speak so I don't get mad... did i say anything wrong or not? CONFRONT ME!!!!

Basically to me it looks like your trying to say I said something dumb but you don't know so you don't fully say it... Which is annoying, true?

ByAsura gave my response, thx asura

Excluding this final saga, if I had to rank the Post Timeskip sagas from worst to best:

4. The Dressrosa Saga. Yes, I dislike this even more than the Fishman Island Arc. While Doflamingo was an excellent villain and a beast of an opponent, the pacing of the arc was atrocious, all the female characters got next to no real fight time (which while always a minor issue wasn't nearly as bad before the timeskip or in any of the other Post-TS arcs) and were mainly used as plot devices, it contributed the least to the lore compared to other post-TS arcs IMO, and was often rather confusing to follow due to a massive mishmash of events and characters poorly handled all at once. Of course, I know it was the first real arc after the timeskip and Oda was trying to experiment and see how he wanted to write the story, so I won't give him too much crap. The Punk Hazard Arc was fine, though.

The positives were Doflamingo (as already mentioned), Law, the creation of the Grand Fleet, the World Government being humiliated by Issho (leading to the removal of the Warlord System), and the Punk Hazard Arc as a whole being fun and having a villain who the Straw Hats couldn't defeat with just their superior power. Also, Law as a whole.

3. Fish-man Island Saga. In contrast to Dressrosa, this saga had the worst villain in Hody Jones (seriously, they show him growing up in a dirt-poor district while the Fishmen Government gave the WG a lot of money and support, you could've at least used that to make Hody sympathetic, Oda). However, aside from the happy feelings of seeing the Straw Hats together again, it was cool to see them use their new powers (even if the fights were all too one-sided), some nice mermaid fanservice that didn't go too overboard for the most part, some nice lore, and Jimbei getting proper spotlight.

2. Whole Cake Island. I view this arc as definitely above the previous 2 but nowhere near #1. I loved seeing Sanji's backstory (and Reiju is one of my favorite OP characters), and this arc was unique in that, instead of beating the top boss, the Straw Hats had to survive escaping her wrath, showing that the Straw Hats still had a good way to climb before being Yonko level. Luffy vs Kata is my 2nd favorite pre-Wano fight ever (behind Luffy vs Lucci), and we also got to meet the adorable Carrot.

1. Wano. Y'all knew this would be #1. Aside from the BM pirates being sidelined and it occasionally dragging on when it didn't have to, there's little not to love from this arc. Luffy finally became Yonko level (and 2-3 of his crew mates became Commander level), there were 2 amazing Yonko fights in the form of Luffy vs Kaido and BM vs Law and Kid plus plenty of other good fights (like Zoro and Sanji vs King and Queen), the lore we got was amazing, Momo became actually likable and not just a perverted little shit, and even minor characters like Killer and Drake got time to shine.

Asides from the BM pirates being sidelined (minus Perospero and BM herself) and occasional pacing issues, my only real complaint would be that Hiyori should've gotten a chance to fight like her brother and late father, as she was a bit underwhelming in her participation in the final battle. Also she and Zoro should've ******.

You talking about anime?

Also she and Zoro should've ******.
mingler-orangutan.gif

Hmm? 👁️

You know, it's a shame that King vs Killer would be one-sided in King's favor, since they're pretty similar in character.

Got the cool masks, quiet demeanor, nice blades, and undying loyalty.

As for why it's so one-sided, allow me to explain with scaling:

Pre-Mink Medicine Buso Zoro one-shot Killer.

Post-Mink Medicine Buso Zoro at the start of his fight with King >= Pre-Mink Medicine Buso Zoro

Base King with his sword has AP that is = Post-Mink Medicine Buso Zoro at the start of his fight with King

Thus, Base King with a sword could likely one-shot Killer.

If One Piece shockwaves in general bypass durability, shouldn't Sengoku & Kuma get durability negation thru it too? Also doesn't Garp & Luffy's Armament Haki counter Chinjao's Hasshoken?

If One Piece shockwaves in general bypass durability, shouldn't Sengoku & Kuma get durability negation thru it too? Also doesn't Garp & Luffy's Armament Haki counter Chinjao's Hasshoken?
It's not in general- it's only the ones we were shown/told can do it. Hasshoken, Rokuogan and Dials all have confirmed dura neg. Sengoku and Kuma don't... though it's easy to argue Kuma does since we see his paw attacks go through Franky's body

Back