• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Proeficient Buso Haki Vibration Resistance

During Garp and Chinjao's confrontation, we see that when using Haki, Garp is fully capable of clashing with Chinjao's Hasshoken. We also see that Luffy and Sai once accomplished the same feat, in they own clash with Chinjao.

My point is that the reason they manage to do such a thing without being affected by Hasshoken's internal vibrations is due to Haki.

Since there is no reason to think that Garp and Sai are naturally resistant to this type of attack, and we commonly see Luffy suffering from internal blows without protecting himself with Haki; therefore, haki blocking the vibrations is the only non-contradictory alternative and what really satisfies.

Ideo was generating an explosion to match the Vibrations in the first clash. In the other attacks he is being visibly affected and apparently just kept fighting even after being injured. You have a point about Luffy being visibly affected, but my proposal is to attribute this as resistance from Busou koka, and Luffy isn't using it.

Ideo was generating an explosion to match the Vibrations in the first clash. In the other attacks he is being visibly affected and apparently just kept fighting even after being injured. You have a point about Luffy being visibly affected, but my proposal is to attribute this as resistance from Busou koka, and Luffy isn't using it.
Ok that is fair, I can agree with that

During Garp and Chinjao's confrontation, we see that when using Haki, Garp is fully capable of clashing with Chinjao's Hasshoken. We also see that Luffy and Sai once accomplished the same feat, in they own clash with Chinjao.

My point is that the reason they manage to do such a thing without being affected by Hasshoken's internal vibrations is due to Haki.

Since there is no reason to think that Garp and Sai are naturally resistant to this type of attack, and we commonly see Luffy suffering from internal blows without protecting himself with Haki; therefore, haki blocking the vibrations is the only non-contradictory alternative and what really satisfies.
How do you know that Garp and Luffy aren't simply tanking the blows?

The internal vibration does get past external defenses, but that doesn't mean they're all-powerful or can negate all forms of durability.

Does Haki only cover the outside of ones body or the inside as well? Because if it's the former then I can see it as resistance, but if it's the later, I'd say they are just making their insides durable enough to tank the attack.

Does Haki only cover the outside of ones body or the inside as well? Because if it's the former then I can see it as resistance, but if it's the later, I'd say they are just making their insides durable enough to tank the attack.
It's the former since the Busoshoku Haki's page in the weakness section mentions the insides of the user don't get any tougher

0947-006.png

This might help... It says it covers the outside

Wow never saw it in color, cool

Yeah only the outside, furthest inside it goes is the teeth that gets outside the mouth, but yeah Armament means nothing inside

Didn't Damage say the characters were enduring the vibrations via durability rather than haki having a resistance to them? Or do we not count Damage's disagreement since he didn't respond to Ryuga's counterpoint?

I'm not 100% sure on them using Haki in order to actually resist the vibrations. Ryuga pointed out that when Luffy is hit normally by it, he shows pain - but Haki also raises durability. The more durable something is, the less effect vibrations will have in general, no? I admit I might be wrong about that though.

I'm not 100% sure on them using Haki in order to actually resist the vibrations. Ryuga pointed out that when Luffy is hit normally by it, he shows pain - but Haki also raises durability. The more durable something is, the less effect vibrations will have in general, no? I admit I might be wrong about that though.
Raises durability for the outside, but it completely not affecting the inside when Haki doesn't usually show that for regular damage says a lot

Back