• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

I hope you know, I had a mental image with your quote and it was:

Soo... You are invested in op......
d4fa67bd4c0fc8d440fb1189b1fab5af.jpg

I'mma answer the question directly- don't expect anything too mathematical from me please. I mainly look into narrative scaling rather than feat calcs-

But to answer your question based on only my opinion-
Upper Yard, Thriller Bark, Marineford are likely bigger than the calcs suggest.
I can't tell what Dresssrosa's size is either, but I recall there being word about it being less than 10KM which (to me) is brain meltingly small
Completely agree, I can see some mistakes in those 🐵👍

I'll try calcing the size of them myself

Last edited:
Aii considering Yamato joins (which i hope she does), here's my take, the monster trio will indeed change, but if anyone's getting excluded it's gonna be Luffy

He'll probably be on a tier of his own while Sanji, Zoro, and Yamato are the new monster trio. Considering the Straw Hats separated into halves in some circumstances, these three might be division commanders in the future.
^^ Agree. I've always had that logic but with Jinbe. The formation would instead be
- leader
-3 strongest
Then the rest of the positions, like how all crews (mostly) are. In this case Jinbe seems far more comparable to Franky in crew positioning so it could be
Luffy (captain)

Monster trio: Zoro, Sanji, Yamato
Pretty much, Zoro will be the no. 1, Yamato will be the no. 2, and Sanji will be the no. 3

But here is my thinking, we know that Blackbeard pirates is basically "Luffy but evil", so every members of Straw Hat and Blackbeard going to fight each other
However right now BB pirates only consist 10 members and if Yamato join the Straw Hat that mean it will be 10 members vs 11 members....unless Kuzan is counted

I don't know, this is just my asumption lel

I won't lie, the higher result for Dressrosa of 40+KM might be the most accurate, since it coincides with Viola's gaze range (who might have been keeping her eyes all around the kingdom)
Plus doesn't use any highlighted and weird angles or character height which sometimes are inconsistent (49km one)

F it, So IF you wanna be more helpful, positive, learn things and work together, let's begin with sizes (Of locations, Objects, Characters and more since that is the basis of everything in terms of feats/calcs) after kingtempst is done with what he's currently doing.

just thinking about it subconsciously helps
Nevermind, this won't work because of some people actually but you can still remember if you want 🤔

I'mma answer the question directly- don't expect anything too mathematical from me please. I mainly look into narrative scaling rather than feat calcs-

But to answer your question based on only my opinion-
Upper Yard, Thriller Bark, Marineford are likely bigger than the calcs suggest.
I can't tell what Dresssrosa's size is either, but I recall there being word about it being less than 10KM which (to me) is brain meltingly small
Marineford is honestly, really, not big at all going by the many shots of it.

It still looks bigger than just 2km especially via how many ships there are that look tiny when even giant's look tiny to the ships. Especially when you see it from a distance as well

Last edited:
Agreed. I doubt it's "big" by the usual standard, but 2 kilometers is town sized and the island feels like it should be bigger. Again- it's honestly just my opinion based on how the author presents theareas and all.
But I do agree that out of all the sizes Marineford is the closest one to being accurate

Agreed. I doubt it's "big" by the usual standard, but 2 kilometers is town sized and the island feels like it should be bigger. Again- it's honestly just my opinion based on how the author presents theareas and all.
Mmm
But I do agree that out of all the sizes Marineford is the closest one to being accurate
Nah, via opinion and intent I would say around 5-8km

Btw, was Mitch's thread on Gear 3rd and Diable Jambe Sanji scaling to 1/2 or 1/4 of Big Mom due to blocking her punch accepted and will be looked at once Wano revisions occur, or was it rejected?

I'm asking since looking at the thread doesn't give a clear idea as to what the final verdict was.

Btw, was Mitch's thread on Gear 3rd and Diable Jambe Sanji scaling to 1/2 or 1/4 of Big Mom due to blocking her punch accepted and will be looked at once Wano revisions occur, or was it rejected?

I'm asking since looking at the thread doesn't give a clear idea as to what the final verdict was.
It was rejected because people can't handle the truth

Because then KKG would scale to the full value of an emperor (even though I don't think that affects anything since it exists in a vacuum and the value that it would scale is the base Yonkou's power, not their maximum power).

Because then KKG would scale to the full value of an emperor (even though I don't think that affects anything since it exists in a vacuum and the value that it would scale is the base Yonkou's power, not their maximum power).
Mann I wanna see Luffy use KKG on Kaido, maybe that giant fist last chapter will be called the God Gun or something tho

I think the reason it was rejected was because the punch was thrown at Reiju or something so it's assumed that BM wasn't actually putting any effort into it.

Also, have you guys ever noticed that every major fight in One Piece seems to fall back into the pattern of Luffy fighting the strongest guy, Zoro fighting the second in command/2nd strongest, and Sanji fighting the 3rd strongest while the rest fight the weaker characters? I think you see it in like every arc except the ones where Luffy was on his own.

Also, have you guys ever noticed that every major fight in One Piece seems to fall back into the pattern of Luffy fighting the strongest guy, Zoro fighting the second in command/2nd strongest, and Sanji fighting the 3rd strongest while the rest fight the weaker characters? I think you see it in like every arc except the ones where Luffy was on his own.
off course i noticed, and i honestly like this, i think some more manga or animes should do this pattern, maybe not always, but they should do this

Sanji is a bad matcup for Zoro. He can outlast his "Enma Mode," and dodge his attacks with superior speed and Kenbun.
Zoro can react to his FTE based off the King fight an cut his ifrit Jambe with Kitsunebi-Ryu. Sanji turns it on
Zoro turns it off for him

If anything Zoro is a bad matchup because he hits harder than Sanji's body can take, and regenerating broken bones is pointless when the dude SLASHES you.

off course i noticed, and i honestly like this, i think some more manga or animes should do this pattern, maybe not always, but they should do this
I guess for a few arcs it'd be fine. But it's like every arc where we get the Straw Hats falling into that mold. I remember reading earlier parts of the Onigashima raid where Zoro was helping to fight Kaidou and thinking in the back of my mind "how long before he starts fighting King instead?" Sure enough, that happened.

Because it's stated by oda 🐵
nAHhosI.png

Plus makes sense

I guess for a few arcs it'd be fine. But it's like every arc where we get the Straw Hats falling into that mold. I remember reading earlier parts of the Onigashima raid where Zoro was helping to fight Kaidou and thinking in the back of my mind "how long before he starts fighting King instead?" Sure enough, that happened.
i'm honestly okay with this, because you can make them fight, bettering their skills and experiences,

Back