• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this with the headbutt if so how do we know how many strings he broke in that instance?
I may have misunderstood y'all point, but you should've explained it to me so I'd update the OP.

Headbutt > A lot of thick awakening strings > at least superior to the 6 that cut the meteor then, updating

Btw how come we aren't going to keep that Ittoryu Zoro knocked Issho back when Doflamingo couldn't?

Also is Base Luffy's durability gonna be 20 gigatons?

What's the evidence for Pica ~ Vergo?

Zoro one-shot with a purgatory onigiri, Pica never took a named attack from Santoryu Zoro.
Did you-

ANFpWb8.jpg

Oh he just used his strongest attack on him, nothing major!

45 Gigatons comes from Luffy breaking the strings with compression. Smoothie ~ Cracker ~ G4's durability.
Fail to see why Smoothie scales relative to Cracker.
Safest thing is that she scales above all the other BM pirates, not relative to Cracker
20 Gigatons comes from Hyouzou's 4x amp over G2-level durability, G3rd scales due to breaking Pica's statue.
Emin handled the G3rd stuff
Headbutt > A lot of thick awakening strings > at least superior to the 6 that cut the meteor then, updating
unknown.png

Scale him to 13, made the awakening strings go out in 13 different places, implying at least 13 got broken

Vergo is one of the Top Four Executives, he shouldn't be too inferior (Also, Doflamingo nominated Vergo to become the next "Corazon")
They are the top four executives because they were the initial people to give Doflamingo a family and help him kill his dad.

It's not a strength based thing, especially when there are certain groups that certain executives (diamante) rule over strength wise, and others that aren't.

Did you-

ANFpWb8.jpg

Oh he just used his strongest attack on him, nothing major!
Yeah he finished him off with one of his strongest santoryu attacks, but regardless Pica hadn't taken a single Santoryu attack (or any attack for that matter) to justify him scaling above hyouzou.
Vergo is one of the Top Four Executives, he shouldn't be too inferior (Also, Doflamingo nominated Vergo to become the next "Corazon")
Vergo is also Doflamingo's Right Hand Man, which Pica was not.
the next corazon is just the heart position which is the same rank as the others, we don't treat the executives as equals as is this case with Trebol.

He referred to him as partner but Vergo left the crew and since then either of the two could have become stronger.

Give Zoro a different rating for his stronger attacks.
No reason why his regular AP is based off of an Oni Giri justification
I don't think it's needed as in the terms of strength for Zoro's santoryu the onigiri is classified as a basic technique. And Pica himself never matched even a regular no named Santoryu Zoro. The few shots we get we see Nitoryu Zoro was fully capable of stopping his strikes.

Give Zoro a different rating for his stronger attacks.
No reason why his regular AP is based off of an Oni Giri justification
What do you suggest?
Yeah he finished him off with one of his strongest santoryu attacks, but regardless Pica hadn't taken a single Santoryu attack (or any attack for that matter) to justify him scaling above hyouzou.
Hyouzou was one shot by a Onigiri.
Zoro had to use Ichidai Sanzen Daisen Sekai in order to accomplish the same effect. An Onigiri wouldn't do this, otherwise he'd have used it.

Like, this is pretty straightforward, I don't know what else you want.
He referred to him as partner but Vergo left the crew and since then either of the two could have become stronger.
Vergo left the crew and went to be a Marine, he had Marine training, and reasons to become stronger to get a higher position.
Pica and the others becoming stronger is unfounded, and even then, Doflamingo praised Vergo's Armament Haki, saying Law wouldn't be able to break it.

I'm aware and glad you brought it up, Pica got hit with that attack because he was appearing at the top of the statue. Pica's body only took a small percentage of that attack due to the size of it and the size of him.
Emin, I don't get why you're against this so hard, Hyouzou got treated as a joke that "couldn't even kill his boredom", Pica didn't get nearly the same treatment

Emin, I don't get why you're against this so hard, Hyouzou got treated as a joke that "couldn't even kill his boredom", Pica didn't get nearly the same treatment
Durability doesn't equate to strength that's why. Hyouzou was a joke because he was physically weak compared to Zoro. Pica hadn't shown the ability to scale to Hyouzou's durability as he was also one-shot.
Hyouzou was one shot by a Onigiri.
Zoro had to use Ichidai Sanzen Daisen Sekai in order to accomplish the same effect. An Onigiri wouldn't do this, otherwise he'd have used it.

Like, this is pretty straightforward, I don't know what else you want.
I don't agree with scaling someone to someone else's durability when both got one-shot by Santoryu and when that character has no other feats showing them relative to that.

And even scaling Pica's physical durability to Hyouzou's doesn't result in Pica's physicals scaling nor would anybody scale relative to Pica's physical durability.
Vergo left the crew and went to be a Marine, he had Marine training, and reasons to become stronger to get a higher position.
Pica and the others becoming stronger is unfounded, and even then, Doflamingo praised Vergo's Armament Haki, saying Law wouldn't be able to break it.
Doflamingo was wrong, both have the same haki skill. This isn't a clear statement of comparability.

Durability doesn't equate to strength that's why. Hyouzou was a joke because he was physically weak compared to Zoro. Pica hadn't shown the ability to scale to Hyouzou's durability as he was also one-shot
fair
I don't agree with scaling someone to someone else's durability when both got one-shot by Santoryu and when that character has no other feats showing them relative to that.
For me, it's evidence enough.
"I need my strongest attack to one shot you. I just needed a basic technique to one shot this other fodder."
Doflamingo was wrong, both have the same haki skill. This isn't a clear statement of comparability.
I wasn't saying it was a comparability, I said Doflamingo praised Vergo. No way Vergo is inferior to the others by a significative margin if Doflamingo is praising him like that.
He also called Sanji DJ "strong", which Vergo could take with his Tekkai.

How about, "Doflamingo had to use strings to block G3rd, implying he would've been damaged if he took it head-on"?
Personally I don't like those kinds of justifications for a solid rating. We've seen Doflamingo take minimal damage from Luffy's Gear 2 attacks and called them weak, but he still blocked them or dodged them on occasion.

Personally I don't like those kinds of justifications for a solid rating. We've seen Doflamingo take minimal damage from Luffy's Gear 2 attacks and called them weak, but he still blocked them or dodged them on occasion.
He blocked them with his own Haki, though. Doffy being so much stronger than G3rd where he should be able to casually block it doesn't make much sense to me.

I don't think it's needed as in the terms of strength for Zoro's santoryu the onigiri is classified as a basic technique.
It's classified as a basic technique because its execution is basic. He's charging at someone with his swords held up straight.
He flat out implies it's a very strong move. Even when he uses it it shows implications of extremely strong power.
0051-007.png
vF9WTTQ.jpeg
0937-016.png
1022-015.png
1035-011.png

This being Zoro's regular AP is humorously invalid.

For me, it's evidence enough.
"I need my strongest attack to one shot you. I just needed a basic technique to one shot this other fodder."
I edited this part of the message:
And even scaling Pica's physical durability to Hyouzou's doesn't result in Pica's physicals scaling nor would anybody scale relative to Pica's physical durability.
The Pica who was one-shot by a sanzen sekai had just clad himself in full body armament which he stated made him invincible and seemingly believes cutting the statue would do nothing to him like this. Even scaling Pica's durability to Hyouzou doesn't warrant anybody else scaling to his durability.
It's classified as a basic technique because its execution is basic. He's charging at someone with his swords held up straight.
He flat out implies it's a very strong move. Even when he uses it it shows implications of extremely strong power.
I don't think that's what it means at all, it calls the onigiri "A basic move in zoro's three sword style." while a stronger one was called "His strongest move". There isn't any implication that it's one of Zoro's strongest and the examples you give don't suggest that; his technique was stopped with a tiny knife, his move matched one of Luffy standard moves the bazooka, he took down a guy who he was fighting previously with just two swords and no haki and I'm not quite sure what you're implying with the last two in Onigashima.

The Pica who was one-shot by a sanzen sekai had just clad himself in full body armament which he stated made him invincible and seemingly believes cutting the statue would do nothing to him like this. Even scaling Pica's durability to Hyouzou doesn't warrant anybody else scaling to his durability.
Vergo's Haki shouldn't be too much weaker given Doflamingo praised him for this.

0051-007.png
vF9WTTQ.jpeg
0937-016.png
1022-015.png
1035-011.png

This being Zoro's regular AP is humorously invalid.
I 100% agree.

Vergo's Haki shouldn't be too much weaker given Doflamingo praised him for this.
His haki was overpowered by Dressrosa Law who scales to 5 Gigatons, Doflamingo didn't know the strength of current Law. All this says about Doffy is he didn't believe Law could cut him and was wrong. It doesn't now make Haki Vergo scale above everybody Doffy knows.

Again, what's your suggestion?
Like 90 different things
Scaling above Monet's snow which scales to G2nd
Scaling above that Giant Fish which was stronger than G2nd
Casually superior to Hyouzou who cut the steel which Base Luffy dented
Too many different things
I don't think that's what it means at all, it calls the onigiri "A basic move in zoro's three sword style." while a stronger one was called "His strongest move".
This means the stronger one is his strongest, and there are other techniques in the Santoryu style which are also stronger than his regular 3 sword style sword strings
There isn't any implication that it's one of Zoro's strongest and the examples you give don't suggest that; his technique was stopped with a tiny knife,
The people who flat out watched Zoro prior to him joining the strawhats hyped up the Oni Giri
his move matched one of Luffy standard moves the bazooka,
One of Luffy's strongest moves* if not his absolute strongest move at that point in time in the series
he took down a guy who he was fighting previously with just two swords and no haki
Alright
and I'm not quite sure what you're implying with the last two in Onigashima.
That they're implied to be stronger techniques and not just his regular AP. Heck, you think he used Onigiri against Kaidou and was like "damn this is my casual move and it didn't work"

Didn't Shiki said he negates the gravitational pull of the object he touches and have full control over them? Or is this a mistranslation? If negating is the case I probably go for option B for now since potential energy is meaningless if there is no gravity to counter.
Well shit, that may actually invalidate Shiki's feats.
Shiki says he can "levitate AND CONTROL" whatever he touches.
We see time and time again him controlling the islands' landscapes and even actively throwing massive rocks. There's literally no reason he couldn't also throw that entire landmass all the same except for the fact that he didn't, because his goal solely relies on its existence.

Edit: Noticed calc got yote. Nvm

Last edited:
This means the stronger one is his strongest, and there are other techniques in the Santoryu style which are also stronger than his regular 3 sword style sword strings
Yeah I get that but I don't really understand what difference could be made between this attack and his regular santoryu style unless with his other techniques he's not using all three swords in conjunction?
The people who flat out watched Zoro prior to him joining the strawhats hyped up the Oni Giri
I wouldn't consider these two to have the best insight on Zoro in general. I don't think this is a display of Zoro using an attack that amps himself beyond his regular strikes, as described it's him attacking the same spot with all three blades at the same time.
One of Luffy's strongest moves* if not his absolute strongest move at that point in time in the series
Fair enough
The difference between the two is none.
One is relative to Smoker and Vergo, the other cut through Doffy's haki.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back