• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I wouldn't. We already note that Doflamingo with Haki is inferior to Luffy, and though he obviously isn't dying from G4 Luffy's hits, he is still getting ragdolled and overpowered by them to a significant degree. So it doesn't make sense to me to say that Doflamingo with no defensive Haki is just a bit inferior to Gear 4 Luffy's AP.
At least when it came to the initial kong gun the actual part of his body that was defending with buso koka wasn't harmed, it was mainly his undefended body that took the damage.

I think it's more of an art error since that's the case in original manga as well, I think it was intentional for his buso guard to only have one hand imbued with Koka.
The anime has both his arms coated too, though. I think the error is the fact that the coloration/artist forgot to highlight the second arm in one panel but had both black in the next. It's consistent with the anime as well

Yeah. Plus it makes a bit more sense that Doflamingo would harden both arms that he's blocking with instead of just hardening one.

The anime has both his arms coated too, though. I think the error is the fact that the coloration/artist forgot to highlight the second arm in one panel but had both black in the next. It's consistent with the anime as well
I don't know about the anime, but the original & colored manga only ever has one arm coated with koka in all panels, this was never corrected in the manga.

I don't know about the anime, but the original & colored manga only ever has one arm coated with koka in all panels, this was never corrected in the manga.
Screenshot_19.jpg

It was technically corrected two panels later
There's no reason to draw it in after if he wasn't meant to use it on both arms

Could be either or, though. It's the same with Katakuri coating both arms to block G4 as well

It was technically corrected two panels later
There's no reason to draw it in after if he wasn't meant to use it on both arms

Could be either or, though. It's the same with Katakuri coating both arms to block G4 as well
Check out his other arm, the koka switched places.

Check out his other arm, the koka switched places.
I still see a hint of shading on that one too- though it could be from Luffy's own fist than armament.
Hard to tell in a black and white manga tbh- that's why I used the anime since it's sometimes secondary canon

The anime has Doffy using it on both hands- so idk if the manga's got an error or if the anime contradicts the one-hand Koka
I mean. We think it's a mistake due to incredulity and insanity of switching Koka while you're being hit for no reason, but who knows, Doffy might be just nuts.

Zoro shouldn't be stronger than Doffy with just ittoryu nor is Gear 3rd + 2nd.
Ehhh, I disagree with this.

I personally think scaling Ittoryu Zoro and Gear 3rd +2nd above 30 GT is fine, especially since Issho took them somewhat seriously (and this was the same Issho who easily beat Law).

Ehhh, I disagree with this.

I personally think scaling Ittoryu Zoro and Gear 3rd +2nd above 30 GT is fine, especially since Issho took them somewhat seriously (and this was the same Issho who easily beat Law).
The same Zoro getting pushed back by golem pica.

Issho didn't take them seriously at all

I don't think it seems very realistic for 1 sword no Haki Zoro to be stronger than Doflamingo, when Pica could clash against 2 swords Zoro.

The same Zoro getting pushed back by golem pica.

Issho didn't take them seriously at all
Ok that's fair.

I just didn't remember Zoro somewhat struggling in the Pica fight, although I thought we would've just scaled Pica above Hyouzou (kinda like what we're already doing).

C got declined
Give it a week, B will be somehow as well
This reminds me-
Was Youngbeard's ocean tilt recalc'd? I found a few interesting things that might make finding sizes for the island/tsunamis easier.

Rather, looked into a few shots that might give scale for the moby dick compared to a cliff next to it, that can scale to the rest of the island. Unless that's for Wano stuff? I assume not since the flashback has nothing to do with wano's scaling

Base Luffy has a problem

Bellamy can hurt him but apparently his base dura scales to G3rd.
Bellamy isn't as strong as G3rd.

Luffy's dura should just scale to Jinbe.

Doflamingo should still scale above the jet gatling value as he called him weak, implying he's physically superior to what he could dish out. Even his Bazooka didn't phase his drastically injured self.

Or at least this scales to his durability, which scales to his AP regardless.

Base Luffy has a problem

Bellamy can hurt him but apparently his base dura scales to G3rd.
Bellamy isn't as strong as G3rd.

Luffy's dura should just scale to Jinbe.

Doflamingo should still scale above the jet gatling value as he called him weak, implying he's physically superior to what he could dish out. Even his Bazooka didn't phase his drastically injured self.

Or at least this scales to his durability, which scales to his AP regardless.
The current justification says he can take hits from Katakuri, but he gets completely obliterated by these hits, and is visually in a lot of pain. He certainly is weaker than them, and the only reason he is not dead is because of his insane endurance.

fw8l1bD.jpg

5zO6yoO.jpg

Agreed, but the main thing is that Kata gets his scaling from G3rd (and basically the gatling), which is causing these issues.

So Luffy can just scale to Jinbe.

But still, would/should Luffy backscale from his G2nd self?
Cause he can fight Bellamy who can hurt him, and his dura scales to G2nd

Agreed, but the main thing is that Kata gets his scaling from G3rd (and basically the gatling), which is causing these issues.

So Luffy can just scale to Jinbe.

But still, would/should Luffy backscale from his G2nd self?
Cause he can fight Bellamy who can hurt him, and his dura scales to G2nd
He is "higher than High 7-A" since he is stronger than Overdosed Hody, rather than comparable, so it seems plausible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back