• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread

Burning Full Fingers said:
Bro, those "7-B" characters are still 7-A. >_>
Well, I didn't know the Low 6-B stuff was this controversial. But I do remember the thing with Sanji was rejected because of what Knight said + Luffy wasn't using Haki or something.
The Low 6-B stuff isn't that controversial since so far I'm the only one mostly opposed to it. And I'm not suggesting yet that we downgrade it, I just wanted to know how much push-back there would be from the idea and it seems people are highly resistant for now.

I think that it's a scenario of high-ball versus low-ball. On the high-ball side we can ignore all antifeats that contradict the results of the calc + scaling people from the calc, and on the low-ball side we can try and come to a compromise between the feats supporting the characters and the antifeats going against the characters.

Most of these 'outlier' scenarios become less of an outlier if we're wrong in our assumptions about the series and that the calcs don't accurately reflect what's happening.

I already tried to bring up Sanji vs Luffy potentially giving Sanji the AP necessary to harm someone of that tier, however, many considered it an outlier, and since Luffy was already exhausted and wounded, didn't bother to defend himself, and other such reasons, there's nothing to suggest Sanji is even remotely close to such a tier.

In the case of Bellamy, he's listed as Unknown on the basis that he has a lot of contradictions. He was low-diffed by Executive tier characters (Elizabello, Bartolomeo, and Dellinger), then he went on to harm Luffy with punches, but then he was one-shot in the very next chapter. He's very inconsistent.

^in the case of Bellamy and Sanji, Luffy was docile and let himself be harmed.

In the case of Cavendish, the only thing preventing him from a higher rating is how Chinjao managed to overpower him in a clash, and Chinjao was beaten by Lao G. Otherwise, both of these characters would possibly scale to Base Luffy.

There's 7-B calcs (7-A about to RIP), and then there's Low 6-B calcs. You can't just go like "this doesn't make sense" then toss a character deemed stronger than the 7-Bs into something like 6-C, because there's no 6-C feat. A lot of people kept pestering me to do that, when it can't be done, cus it ruins the scaling even further.

I just looked at Perona's profile, and she's 23 before the timeskip... Like what? She looks like a teenager even after the timeskip.

By the way, why do some of the Devil Fruit users profiles say "Ate the...which allows him to..."? It looks weird that way. We should just list their abilities without adding that.

I agree Burning Full Fingers. I've cleaned up a couple profiles in the best such as Ovens. If it's alright with you I'll go through a few others and clean up the Powers & Abilities section.

Okay, cool. Always unsure when trying to refer to people's whole usernames.

Should we upgrade Perona to Massively Hypersonic for tagging Thriller Bark Zoro and Luffy?

Also, I want to add this pic to her profile for her pre-timeskip self. Is it acceptable?

Perona Pre Timeskip

That pic looks fine to me. I've put it in similar pics for a few other profiles like Caeser Clown.

How did she tag Zoro and Luffy again? I can't remember the feat.

I think it was with her ghosts. The first time I recall is when they were making their way to Moriah's castle (or whatever that main place is called). The second time is the confrontation between them that led to her facing Usopp.

But I've seen that the anime portrays the events differently from the manga, so I dunno. Either way, that's what her page says.

Am I the only person who didn't realize that Sanji would have had to cross the red line to go from North Blue to East Blue until Brook pointed it out ?

Oh, you've already got it, no need to send you the link then.

Yes, the ending was totally unexpected.

The fellow on the cover interests me, is his shield a homie ? Does he have similar powers to big mom that allowed him to trap a soul into his shield ?

"There is however, a third type of Haki, Haoshoku Haki, that only a few individuals can use. Tashigi is not one of these people."

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha !

Yeah, I'll edit it.

Random thoughts-

I wonder if Zoro will get Prometheus and Napoleon at some point, he has been foreshadowed as eventually getting a flaming sword and apart from Kinemon's ability, Nap+Prom is the only such sword I recall seeing in the series.

Also, if Zoro starts using it, it opens up the possibility of Tashigi's dream (no pirates with meito) coming true. I could actually even see Zoro eventually giving Ichimonji to Tashigi after he becomes WSS because she reminds him of Kuina, rounding off her arc in a cool way !

Is Buggy now a Shichibukai? Lmao.

I saw his face when Fujitora was talking about them. I had to replay that part to be sure that it was really his face I saw.

Lol. I guess either Big Mom or Kaido will have to make way if that's going to be the case.

But I wonder how long his deceit will last.

The Shichibukai consist of:

Dracule Mihawk, Boa Hancock, Bartholomew Kuma, Buggy the Clown, and Edward Weevil. Only 5 at the moment, but i suspect the WG to try and fill up the spaces, unless Fujitora "NOPES" that during Reverie and makes the Shichibukai go bye bye.

I'm expecting Big Mom to be chasing after Luffy while Kaido chases after Law, which results in them crossing paths and battling to the death. One of them will die, and I suspect Big Mom due to her character having already been explored. No matter how you cut it, Luffy is not ready for battling a Yonko. He wouldn't last any longer than Jinbe. Law has his hax, but since Buso Haki can nullify it if potent enough, Kaidou will probably just stomp him w/ a stare.

I'm hoping that instead of Big Mom and Kaido clashing, we deal with Kaido during the Wano arc, and Big Mom returns during the Elbaf arc. Luffy isn't strong enough to defeat a Yonko by himself, but I can see the Yonko being defeated in their respective arcs - through group efforts, planning, some plot device, etc.

What is gonna deal with Kaido in Wano? No one who went, or is likely going to appear is strong enough to even face an Admiral without getting low-diffed.

@Shadow - i mean, he has to do something. if he fights one of the commanders, yes <_>. If he naps the entire arc, gg 7-B for life.

Well, it's far too early to make a prediction on how someone as powerful and important as Kaido will be defeated. It could be any combination of the fighters we know about currently, or there may even be additional characters introduced in the Wano arc that will play an important role.

>_> it's supposed to be his arc

╠ÂI╠Ân╠Âb╠Â4╠ ╠ÂZ╠Âo╠Âr╠Âo╠ ╠Âo╠Ân╠Âe╠ ╠Âs╠Âh╠Âo╠Ât╠Âs╠ ╠ÂK╠Âa╠Âi╠Âd╠Âo╠ ╠Âa╠Ân╠Âd╠ ╠Âs╠Âu╠Âr╠Âp╠Âa╠Âs╠Âs╠Âe╠Âs╠ ╠ÂL╠Âu╠Âf╠Âf╠Ây╠Â

I wont lie, seeing Law and Zoro teaming up to defeat Kaido would be awesome because it will be better development for those two and would show how strong Zoro truly became after his training

Back