• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread

the guy is a big fan of one piece and told oda that he won't disappoint him and I heard that it's gonna start from east blue and make his way up from there.

@Roy - I went on to note that Zoan Devil Fruit users get an increase in physical ability due to the characteristics of their fruit. Fujitora and Blackbeard (Goro Goro) are Paramecia.

Zoro isn't getting upgraded during Zou... he swung his sword once and missed. lol

luffy vs bb for pirate king, after that would be the final war. strawhat grand fleet and other pirate alliances vs the gorosei, cp0 and marines(world government)

I'm still at the beginning of Zou, but is there any indication that Shiryu could kill Mihawk? Because I'm not a fan of the entire thing with Zoro building up to him defeating and surpassing Mihawk, only for him to face another person entirely.

I doubt Shiryu will kill Mihawk, but it is generally theorized that Shiryu will be Zoro's major opponent and that Shiryu will have the Diamond fruit from Jozu.

Shiryu is supposedly BB's second in command going by how he was juxtaposed against Ben Beckmann who is supposedly Shanks' second in command. So it makes sense that it will be Zoro vs Shiryu

there's a theory that he kills jozu and takes his fruit so that probably might become a thing. diamond+cursed sword(I think)+mastered armament= could possibly be on mihawks lvl

I do want Shiryu to be the one to fight Mihawk, and have it built up that he will be the one to take the title of world's best swordsman.

But, I want it to be built up for naught, and Mihawk easily cuts through his sword and body, killing him on the spot.

@Damage - I mean, it'd be nice to have it play out similarly to Vista vs Mihawk, but then Shiryu reveals that he is the one to take the Diamond fruit and then coats his blade in diamonds and haki, then goes on a monologue about how he's going to be disappointed with how easy it will be to take the title of world's best swordsman, then Mihawk just breaks the sword and mocks him before cutting him down.

Something I do wonder Cin is why you kept the Reiju pic in her page from the anime even though you hate the anime. Same with Pedro.

OishiLover75 said:
So what is everyone's thoughts on Whole Cake Island arc.
It's ******* epic. And the latest chapter is one of the best I've ever read. Big Mom's singing really fills you with dread, then there's the surprisingly tender moment between Katakuri and Brulee and finally ma boi Sanji got his first kiss

@Oishi - I'd love to remove them, but other stuff comes first. I don't look at every single profile. Pedro's profile pic is especially bad.

Also, it's not just hating the anime, but it's also confirmed non-canon anyways. Not to mention filler and inconsistent art/animation.

Dressrosa, I agree. Whole Cake Island, it's at least getting better. Plus, filler =/= bad quality. At least the added content now is trying to do something about it instead of trying to add to the run time. As long as the filler tries to emphasis to the plot, or something that felt missing in the manga that should be there, I'm fine with it. Heck, even if a filler arc is enjoyable to watch, I don't mind.

Actually, if you want to Joy Boy recommended a website where someone takes several episodes of the anime, and trims certain episodes down to non-filler content. It helps with pacing at least.

A lot of the filler has been between awful to okay.

Notice how you joked with me about Oven melting the door open, and he ended up doing so in the anime. It's very bad writing to introduce characters so blatantly especially since their original reveals did them justice and didn't make them look like straight-up edge-lords flashing their powers around.

the filler with Katakuri and his triplet brothers against the invaders was also awful writing. How did that group get up there via head-on attack? How could they be that successful against a Yonko crew up until running into the big guns? And it also gave a washed out debut to Oven and Daifuku's powers, whose in-canon appearances made them more threatening and memorable to the audience since they were both proving to be notable threats to both Sanji and Pedro, who could barely do anything against them.

Jigra may have been with very strong fighters to attack as they were capable of holding back Capone's men. Luffy was able to take down subordinates even when he was hungry. The scene emphasized how strong Oven and Daifuku were as they were able to take them down: Oven punched a guy who's immune to bullets and Daifuku took on three other fighters on his own. The scene with Sanji and Pedro would come later to add onto the emphasis.

Plus, I liked the scene of when they added Bobbin's confirmed and the Eggplant Soldier (he has a name now). Fun fact, I think Zeff called Sanji "Little Eggplant" before.

I've been seeing people saying One Piece is going to shit, and Dressrosa / WCI seem to be particularly disliked.

Also, the post-timeskip Sanji hate...damn.

they just mad because the arcs are long. the pacing has been slow but then again, I don't want it reaching the end until the day before a die. :^]

@Burning - Dressrosa got a lot of hate because it ran for over 2 years, and the final fight was won by a massive ass-pull. Whole Cake Arc also went on for quite a long time, and Sanji was hyped up for nothing outside of his relationship with Pudding and Backstory. No real development on his part outside of introducing his family.

Sanji has lost every single fight he had from entering the new world. It's very disappointing. It's no wonder he gets such hate.

He has been on the losing side against Vergo (not even an argument), Viola, Doflamingo, Judge, Niji, and Daifuku. He hasn't pulled a single win since he fought Wadatsumi.

People aren't mad about 'ass-pulls' in Dressrosa. That seems to be more of a thing for Whole Cake Island.

Back