• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread Seventeen Fishman Island

Guys i have a theory on how luffy may defeat kaido although i dont want luffy to defeat kaido becasue imo luffy isnt yonko level yet even if he have the adv haki anyways.

so in the new one piece pirate warriors 4 trailer luffy had momonosuke on his back and i really dont like this idea but it could very much be true so, oden is the only one who manged to cut kaido so this could mean only the kuzoki clan who have this special ability like this is in their blood and if luffy can use momo somehow on his back or maybe near him momo could use his power on luffy and thats how luffy could mange to hurt kaido (although kiado is faster and stronger but this will help him alot).

thanks i really dont want luffy to defeat kaido yet unless its logical or he will somehow train in a time place or maybe if which is a big IF luffy manage to be allied with big mom he could trian inside her son's books (forgot his name) becasue in his books luffy would not age anyways i talked too much thanks again =P

It is crazy with how hyped the bloodline is that could actually be the case . . .

But that still wouldn't solve the problem of Big Mom so my bet is still on her using Enma and weakening the both of them.

I absolutely adore Thriller Bark because in the absence of Luffy, we really see Zoro stepping into the role of vice-captain and leading the crew. What's amazing is that while normally people are all fun and games with him when shit gets serious everyone including Sanji and Nami follow his orders without question.

Just realised, shouldn't Zoro scale to Gear Second Luffy in stats and Speed? Hyouzou reacted to Luffy's jet pistol and blocked it with Luffy later saying this about him "He managed to withstand my attack After all. he must be pretty strong..." Only for later in the arc Zoro to fight against Hyouzou on steroids only to say "You're not even enough... To keep me from getting bored!!!" followed by Zoro one shotting Hyouzou before he could react (while looking in the opposite direction). This is followed up in Punkhazzard when Luffy uses G2 against the dragon and both Zoro and G2 Luffy can clash with the dragon but Zoro is capable of cleanly cutting its head off with one attack where Luffy said "Ohhh!! This guy's really hard!!" After punching the dragon in G2. I suppose this could also be supported by forcing Fujitora to block one of his air slashes.

I think there is more than enough evidence for pre-wano Zoro to be superior to pre-future sight G2/G3 Luffy.

Once Calaca releases that Hyozuou profile I'll make an upgrade thread for Zoro, it should be pretty straight forward but... Ya never know.

Gear 2nd scales>base Luffy who scales=Zoro>Pica; so it would not be an upgrade for Zoro so much as a downgrade for Luffy.

Hmm it depends, I could potentially see Zoro being equal to G3; Hyouzou blocked an attack from G2 Luffy and Luffy regarded him as strong, But Zoro one shot an even stronger Hyouzou with relative ease. Luffy's attacks failed to do much damage to The Punkhazzard Dragon where as Zoro cut its head clean off, the difference between Gear third and second is hard to determine but I feel I can see Zoro with these feats(and pushing Fujitora back similar to Luffy G3 feat) being equal to G3.

I remember G3 failing to push Fuji back but I could be wrong.

His attacks also did as much or more damage to the Pica golem than Grizzly Magnum did.

@LordWhis; the main reason why we typically don't account for this is just because it would complicate profiles too much.

No? It just means they scale to that when using a blade.

You can cut something even if you can't break it with a punch because the energy, even if lesser, is focused on a single line rather than dispersed on an area.

It'd be the opposite, actually.

Lightbuster30 said:
Luffy used a red hawk on that thing?
Maybe in the anime (I'm assuming that's what Whis is referring too) but in the manga G2 Luffy attacks it with a jet bullet and a Haki infused kick.

Eminiteable said:
I think he definitely scales about G2 by a decent margin and likely scales to G3, but not above though for Calaca's reasons.
But I thought Damage said that we don't account for the cutting is easier than hitting thing so Zoro should scale ?

What Damage said is that we don't make a difference between those because it'd overcomplicate every profile of any blade user.

Zoro scales with his swordstyle.

Hmm should Kid profile instead be: "Likely Mountain Level(Superior to his subordinate Killer), Possibly Large Mountain Level+(Injured one of Big Mom's Sweet Generals)" for similar reasons to Urogue.
Kidd epic

Would it matter through? Uroge currently scales to High 7-A for defeating Snack, so Kid could easily scale from Snack, Cracker or smoothie and the rating would be the same. Or is Urogue scaling a mistake that shouldn't be there?

Did he? Well, I was advocating for Unknown, but if he does have a feat we could use that.

Got the scan?

Yeah judge is shown bloody in that next panel so it can be assumed Zsnack damaged him recently in the offscreen fight, Urogue can scale to 7-A I think.

Dr.Fix said:
Gear 2nd scales>base Luffy who scales=Zoro>Pica; so it would not be an upgrade for Zoro so much as a downgrade for Luffy.
Pretty certain it's Base Luffy scaling to Sanji from wrecking him with a punch while exhausted. There might be other scaling feats, but unless we see attack names, it's hard to tell if it's Base or Gear 2nd Luffy being used unless there's clearly steam coming out of his body, which isn't always the case.

Also, Zoro outperformed a casual Luffy (yes Gear 2nd. Had to confirm since Anime and Manga differences are pretty ridiculous) who only threw one punch that Hyouzou took.

Keep in mind you guys want the scaling to be as follows: Zoro > G2 Luffy = Hyouzou (Base) > Base Luffy >/= Hody Jones (Overdosed). Does that not seem the least bit awkward to any of you? It's not like Luffy was going all in to take those 3 fishmen out. And it's strange to assume Hyouzou without any drug boost is FAR superior to Hody with the overdose, and being easily capable of fighting Gear 2nd just because of one measly punch.

Hyouzou was a mercenary and hired by Hody, he very well could just be that valuable(Hyouzou said he wasn't assisting Hody and for common goals but purely because they hired him). Keep in mind I support Gear Second being Superior to Base Hyouzou but the difference is comparable, however drugged Hyouzou was taken out with ease by Zoro that's the line of thought.

Back