• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread #6

The schedule of One Piece chapters until the holidays is over;

'Chapter' Release Date of Leaks (DD/MM/YYYY)

Chapter 928 20/12/2018

Break Break

Chapter 929 04/01/2019

Break Break

Chapter 930 18/01/2019

I think Blackbeard should have BFR with his powers for sucking up several Impel Down guards https://imgur.com/W3VszeR

Rewatching Marineford I thought about Mihawk's statement about Luffy's strongest power.

Wouldn't be wild if Luffy gains something like passive Empathic Manipulation that makes the enemy to become his ally?

I mean, he isn't the kind of guy who directly kills. Of course he isn't against killing but it's something he wouldn't do.

Oda himself stated that Luffy normally doesn't kill people, but that's because of some Batman-like morallity.

I haven't seen that movie but it would be wierd to see Luffy actively killing someone.

Calaca Vs said:
It's because Luffy is a ****** who prefers see people getting with no motivation for life after their dreams are ruined instead of putting them out of their missery.
... you're not wrong.ƒñö

Yeah Oda says in one of the fist volumes that Luffy prefers to beat enemies and ruin there dreams as it's a fate worse then death

@Kobster can't remember but iirc Blackbeard talks about how his yami yami no mi has some pocket dimension that his darkness that he sucks things into or something of that nature so that's where they went most likely

Wow Luffy is that kind of person!!? I always wondered what made Luffy a pirate since he doesn't kill anyone but now I know lmao.

It isn't that Luffy personally prefers to crush their dreams, it's that Oda prefers doing that instead of killing them.

Honestly, that is basically putting a kid with a toy gun against a fully equipped military division. The only way that this fight would be fair for Elsa if we compare their ice abilities and nothing else (which Elsa stomps)

She can cast at a greater scale with detail and precision, create an eternal blizzard that can coat an entire kingdom, and even create sentient creatures to do her bidding, as well as having control over not just Ice, but also Snow (essentially she has two Devil Fruit powers; Chill-Chill and Snow Snow).

That said, she isn't MADE of these things, and she would lose out in combat to Aokiji (As he's immune to all of her ice techs, and I'm sure he could defeat her Snow Golems easily), as Elsa is easily cornered and captured by even the most rudimentary of soldiers during the film. And it not like she or anything she can conjure could hurt Aokiji due to this intangibility

EDIT: Here the video to go along with it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxxCk1ExiBw Let It Go (Disney Frozen) : One Piece Kuzan(Aokiji), the things that people make honestly...

Pretty much that the whole counter arguments were basically " Aokiji froze an island Elsa froze a country GG" and assuming she would suddenly become some compentent warrior from nowhere

And the rest was pointing out Kuzan wrecks in literally every other area

Edit: thanks for the vid lol

Meh. If Hans has Building level dura and he knew that Elsa was a threat he probably woudnt have used weapons that couldn't harm himself. Not all crossbows are the same tier as the ones irl.

We're still talking about a 6-C being defenseless against regular people no matter how much you want to justify it.

Disney is always struggling with the difference between antagonist and threat.

Even then she has the power to control the fricking enviroment with ice and snow. It's PIS even if you try to argue against it.

There's a difference between a character having strong powers and a character that has strong powers they know how to use. That was like her second day of ever trying them after decades. Controlling the environment doesn't help you when you aren't looking at the attack and don't know about it.

BTW I forgot to argue about something you said before.

> If Hans has Building level dura and he knew that Elsa was a threat he probably woudnt have used weapons that couldn't harm himself

Assuming a character is conscious about his supernatural characteristics in a no-superhero-movie.

Elsa is powerful enough to stop Hans. Even if she doesn't control her powers the fact that she uses them with strong emotions or that kind of stuff it's the perfect counterargument. If she was so scared then why didn't she do nothing about that? Even with unconscious actions.

Om the vivre card i don't see anything saying that kizaru is lightspeed and only haki users can keep up. I only see stuff like he's really fast and such.

Disappointed that the seastone cuffs are a "weaker version" of the material. I was kind of excited about the idea that Luffy can power through this despite being drained. I guess it's still impressive and in the end it makes more sense this way. Going from completely losing all strength to "merely" losing his rubber powers due to seastone without any explanation would hurt the consistency of the story and the world's rules.

At least we now know that seastone's power can vary and its effect on other characters depend on their strengths. This finally explains why Luffy was able to withsthand it so well all of a sudden while almost fainting just by touching it in Dressrosa.

...Is it only me that notice that Luffy is getting thicc recently.

Edit:

To SuperKamiNappa - I'm sure the prostitue lady will be Wano's Hancock (also can't forget WCI's Pudding though she was nice, then an asshole, then back to nice); ridicicously beautiful, sexy, but a downright total asshole but will get a tragic flashback sequence and we're good. Not to mention she might be Momo's sister. It's becoming a trend.

To Js250476 - Just like Luffy, Kid has essentially challenged 3 out of 4 Emperors already and is still alive, he cannot be underestimated. Also he seems to clearly lack proper judgement just like Luffy. He just storms into fights if he feels like it, no matter the odds. I thought they might form a trio with Law at some point a bit like at Sabaody, but Law doesn't really fit in with Luffy and Kid.

Yeah I also thought Komurasaki was a lot like Boa Hancock when she was introduced and if she's anything like her she might become good in the end since a lot of beautiful females in OP tend to start off as antagonistic before becoming an ally ( Hancock, Viola, Nami and Robin to a lesser degree Ect)

And about Kid I agree he's definitely not to be underestimated and it's impressive he survived with what he's been though ( if Shanks is the one who took his arm it would be kinda ironic sacrificing his own arm to save a member of the worst generation while taking the arm of another lol.)

Back