• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread #4

Calaca Vs said:
He always did that. It's a thing like: "I'm not lost but the others aren't capable of find me" XD
Yeah, Zoro and Sanji deserves a good upgrade. But don't worry because Zoro was 6-C before and if we get good scans of One Piece earth that could happen again.
I love how Zoro is supposed to kind of be the Straw Hats' version of Silvers Rayleigh. . . .buuuut not really considering that Rayleigh was able to swim across the calm belt and navigate to Amazon Lily all on his own, and thus is MUCH more competent at things other than fighting than Zoro will ever be. Lmao.

About Crocodile: some people seem to think he was basically repeatedly flexing his muscles really really hard (lmao) the whole time he was imprisoned in Impel Down, and that along with constantly being beaten up (while in seastone shackles) by the Jailer Beasts caused him to get a big upgrade in strength and durability. Which honestly does seem plausible. Controlled flexing is actually an extremely effective strength training method in the real world for people who learn how to do it, there is a whole system of strength-training called "maxalding" which relies on almost nothing but controlled flexing rather than lifting weights or one's body-weight.

Goodyfresh said:
About Crocodile: some people seem to think he was basically repeatedly flexing his muscles really really hard (lmao) the whole time he was imprisoned in Impel Down, and that along with constantly being beaten up (while in seastone shackles) by the Jailer Beasts caused him to get a big upgrade in strength and durability. Which honestly does seem plausible.
Maybe you're far closer to the possible truth can you can think, after all there is the old saying "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" and i think it can be apply here, the hard life inside Impel Down is likely the reason why his strength seen to have increased a lot since his time in Alabasta, probably the environment inside the prison have allow him to returning to his peak of strength.

Because remember that just like with Moria and Arlong, he likely stopped training and fight seriously for years, taking a far more comfortable and lazy lifestyle than as he was as an active pirate while he was putting his pawns in position of his conquest of Alabasta, making him much weaker in the process.

Which is why Luffy was able to beat all of three, despire the three have been previously be in the New World (at least in the case of Moriah and Crocodile, i'm not sure with Arlong) and survive it, hell both Shichibukai survived a serious beating from a Yonko, something that not many people can say to have accomplish.

And this can be apply with other recurrent characters that have been reintroduced since they did seen to had become stronger as well than their previous version, Mr. 1 was able to survive a slash from Mihawk (it was casual but it still a notable feat for someone who was weaker than Gecko Moria) and Mr. 2 was able to fight and damage the Minotaur.

Now that i think about what i have said, if i'm correct regard Crocodile, wouldn't this mean Crocodile's feats on Alabasta can be apply to Luffy once again? Since it possible that Crocodile was indeed not as strong as he was at Marineford.

Crocodile's Multi-City block level feat is applied to Luffy from Alabasta.

Wait, i thought all feats performed by Crocodile were no longer applied to Luffy, when we have chance mind?

Also you were the most vocal about this matter and one of the supporter of the chance due of him fighting Doffy and Dracula at Marineford.

Damage3245 said:
Hmm? What do you mean by 'chance mind'?
Did you forgot that there had been a revision of Pre Time-Skip OP due of the fact that Crocodile was no longer be used to scale everyone else, which it seen to have started by me (but i maybe wrong) trying to upgrade Crocodile Sand-Storm from Small City level to actual City level by using the 5 km bomb statement?

Yeah, the profiles haven't been chanced but it because they are still to be updated, but it seen everyone in the related topic have agree that Crocodile and the Sand Storm feat could no longer be used.

Yes, Luffy doesn't scale to the Sandstorm calc.

But the Multi-City Block calc for Crocodile's Desert Spada is valid for Luffy to scale to since he punched through it.

And it's consistent with the scaling of later arcs such as Skypeia Luffy being Town level, and so on.

But one of the main reason we have drop the scaling from the Sandstorm feat was due of Crocodile's power level been too inconsistent for proper scaling, if Luffy still get scaled off Abalasta Crocodile, then one of the major reason of dropping the scaling from the Sandstorm feat no longer exist.

And yes there was also the reasoning of the feat be classified as Environmental Destruction only and that it cannot be scaled his normal attacks, but i have talked about before about how this is wrong and why the feat should be applied to Crocodile's AP.

Eh, none of the changes have been made yet anyway. We should definitely revisit it when it comes time to collect the list of revisions to be made.

So guys I was wondering since we're currently in The Yonko saga Blackbeard is supposed to be after Kaido right?

I'm wondering how much he's changed in 2 years and what new tricks he's got up his sleeve

We're probably going to deal with Kaido and Big Mom at the same time since she's on the way.

Then Blackbeard will deal with Shanks.

Then Blackbeard will be the last major pirate opponent.

Alternatively, Big Mom arrives late to Wano and doesn't take part in the action, and she's saved for Elbaph which will come between Wano and Raftel.

If it is the one I'm thinking of, it was probably discarded. Do you have a link to it?

IIRC Solider Blue also calced Whitebeard at 6-B But idk if it would be accepted

Edit: still would like to this WB calc if you can find it

Gonna level with you, with everything we've seen from the OP series so far, I think old Whitebeard being High 6-C is probably the most accurate rating we could give him. Just my opinion.

Speaking about revisions, it occurred to me that if we going to scale Crocodile to Luffy once again, then the Desert Spada would need to be re-valutated as well.

As you know, i have found a s**t tons of proof of Alubarna's City Square of be around the same diameter of the Crocodile Bomb's blast, which is 5 kilometers in diameter.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Cmue0312/Feats_One_Piece_Pre-timeskip#Alabasta_Saga

Because of this it also means the Royal Palace would need to be much bigger than what Cin's had calculated previously, as it was show to be close in term of size with the City Square in size, although it is still smaller.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-lRS0lmmhC...caw0yyL99xaUgz2hVw5kAgCHM/s16000/0210-009.png

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-txLoKMlUH...1F9LZcbDxzbCRT8A59qG1gCHM/s16000/0211-013.png

If we use your size for it, wouldn't that make Crocodile's attack like two and a half kilometers long? I feel like using that measurement probably isn't right.

Damage3245 said:
If we use your size for it, wouldn't that make Crocodile's attack like two and a half kilometers long? I feel like using that measurement probably isn't right.
If the City Square is trully 5 kilometers in diameter as i do think due of the evidence i have bring, then yes the Desert Sparda has indeed a range of about several kilometers, sinceit was show that the Royal Palace is the largest building in Alubarna and the closest in term of size with the City Square.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-txLoKMlUH...1F9LZcbDxzbCRT8A59qG1gCHM/s16000/0211-013.png

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-lRS0lmmhC...caw0yyL99xaUgz2hVw5kAgCHM/s16000/0210-009.png

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-dm3PeHG13...4cvwfJiPufHuLi8BNYTF1ACHM/s16000/0208-013.png

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-lnQQR4c6G...qCDmE6TUvPjxcZuJKOfI5gCHM/s16000/0209-003.png

https://s3.********.org/data/08173a90d1ceb3e002396686919850ca/x7.png

https://s3.********.org/data/08173a90d1ceb3e002396686919850ca/x15.png

Even if we cannot use the 5 kilometers, there is still the matter that the City Square is supposed to be big enough to nicely fit both rebel army and royal army at the same time, and that is something to take intro account since the rebel army at the moment of the battle was composed by 2,000,000 fighters while the royal army was composed by 300,000 soldiers.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-pqNtd5VNd...3uU_l-QGuGqJpeTA0JdngQCHM/s16000/0182-003.png

https://s2.********.org/data/6ca3240e44c0066e28c78a3a4dc1862d/x9.png

That means 2,300,000 people were fighting inside the City Square, and is it wasn't over crowded, there was still plenty of room for manoeuvre for everyone involved with the fight.

Friends, I believe it is time to remove Whitebeard's Large Island calc for unsupported claims.

The assumptions behind the the Whitebeard Calc are flawed.

> - It's a distant island on the Grand Line

This is an unsupported claim. There is nothing stating that the island is distant one on the Grand Line.

> - Marineford isn't around any other island or location besides Sabaody, Enies Lobby and Impel Down

Just because it isn't spelled out in the story doesn't prove that there are no other islands near to Marineford. We only have diagrams showing the approximate locations of those islands; that doesn't prove there isn't anything else because they are not 1-to-1 maps.

So the two reasons why this feat it notorious is rubbish. The distance calculated to be 16655 km cannot honestly be used.

And another thing, though this is a less important point, it is pretty clear to me that Whitebeard's particular attack here concentrates the power of his quakes into a spherical bubble. He easily defeats the giant with it, but I do we really find it logical that Whitebeard's 337 Gigatons quake passed harmlessly through his ship and only after travelling a certain distance from Marineford did it start affecting the environment?

What is more likely is that the quakes the old man were experiencing are the distant effects of Whitebeard's earlier sea-quakes which we know affected the environment because we saw him raise up two enormous tsunami's with it.

Damage3245 said:
Friends, I believe it is time to remove Whitebeard's Large Island calc for unsupported claims.
The assumptions behind the the Whitebeard Calc are flawed.

> - It's a distant island on the Grand Line

This is an unsupported claim. There is nothing stating that the island is distant one on the Grand Line.

> - Marineford isn't around any other island or location besides Sabaody, Enies Lobby and Impel Down

Just because it isn't spelled out in the story doesn't prove that there are no other islands near to Marineford. We only have diagrams showing the approximate locations of those islands; that doesn't prove there isn't anything else because they are not 1-to-1 maps.

So the two reasons why this feat it notorious is rubbish. The distance calculated to be 16655 km cannot honestly be used.
https://birdofhermes13.files.wordpress.com/2018/03/e7e10-0522-010.jpg?w=1100

If that was the case then the map should have show that there were other lands of earth around that area beside the ones indicated, but instead only Sabaody and Amazon Lily have been show along with the Marineford, Enies Lobby and Impel Down, suggesting that there was only that.

Its especially unlikely that inside the giant triangle current that englobe Marineford, Enies Lobby and Impel Down there could had be any islands,, which means the unamed place must be located to a distance superior than at least Enies Lobby/Impel Down to Marineford.

Which is still a lot by the way, remember that a standard pirate ship would have take 7 days to reach Impel Down from Amazon Lily, assuming that a standard pirate ship had a speed comparable with real life pirate ships, which give them a speed of about 16.4 knots or 8.43688889 m/s.

7 (days) * 24 (hours) * 60 (minutes) * 60 (seconds) = 604800 seconds.

8.43688889*604800 = 5102630.4 meters or 5102.6304 kilometers.

You can then pixerscaling the map to find the potential distances between Impel Down and Enies Lobby to Marineford and you can used the result for a possible new low end for Whitebeard's quake.

> If that was the case then the map should have show that there were other lands of earth around that area beside the ones indicated

That is not a map. It is a diagram showing the relative locations of the important named locations there.

I wouldn't expect Oda to put in random names or random bits of land (especially since that diagram doesn't actually show islands, it shows icons (like for Enies Lobby, and Impel Down) or just X's for named locations.

What if there is an island behind Gloriosa's head? Or behind the Marineford title box?

Damage3245 said:
It is a diagram showing the relative locations of the important named locations there.
I'm not sure what is your definition of map is, but what you have just described sound a lot like a map.

I mean that it is not given to us as a fully accurate map showing the islands themselves. It's not like we've been given a bird's eye view of the ocean and we can concretely say there are no islands visible there...

It is a view of the important named locations; the three Marine-controlled islands, Amazon Lily where Luffy was at, and Saboady Archipelago where Luffy was just at previously. That's all it is.

So sure, you could theoretically use it to gauge the rough distances between those named locations, but it is not evidence at all that the random shot of a random island has to be further away than Enies Lobby.

Back