• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread #4

That guns logic is too outdated...

Probably Haki users can't do anything relevant to Prometheus because that's his real body, unlike Logia users?

Yeah Burning. Haki only allows users to hit the body of someone that has a true physical form like Logia users.

Prometheus has no true physical form and therefore can't be hit.

To clarify Man from Shadows did the original calc but Stefano4444 did the recalc with Earth Size diameter

You just reminded me of something. A few chapters ago Law's powers failed to work on Hawkins. Would that still be considered attack reflection?

I think it should be Limited Attack Reflection cause he did it to his own subordinates and apparently he has a limited number of times he can do it.

Yeah, Hawkins still has Attack Reflection on his profile.

I was wondering because Law's powers aren't a convential attack and are considered Regenerationn negation on his profile.

Then that means that Hawkins can reflect attacks that bypass conventional durability and negs Regenerationn.

Cmue0312 said:
Just as I said there was no reason to doubt Oda with time travel: https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/one-piece-2/en/0/920/page/1
- "Long ago, in a distant land,

I, Kaido, strongest creature in the world,

Unleashed an unspeakable evil!

But a foolish samurai warrior and his companions stepped foth to oppose me,

before the final blow was struck,

the foolish woman used her power to send them along his son into the future,

where my evil is law!

Now the fools seeks to take back their country, and undo the present that is Kaido!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iBU_D36-AA&t=0m43s

I wonder if Oda is involved with the writing of this book just like he was for the Ace novels. I wish VIZ would translate them like they did for some of the Naruto novels.

Very interesting video

Brings up an interest question I wonder what Wano might bring to OP as a whole usually each major arc has some feats, née characters, abilities Ect

Might bot be upgrades but who knows til it's over

In other theories the King is Kaido instead a Calamity and X Drake is the weakest Calamity. But I like this one more.

Teach said he can absorb things into another dimension. Should he have possible BFR, or should we wait for more info on his ability?

I think that's a possible BFR, yes. He used it against Impel Down guards IIRC.

But I'm okay if someone else says we need more input about the ability.

Zoro dodge Kuma air canon(i don't remember exactly what happened at that time) is an outlier or aim dodging?

1997KD said:
Zoro dodge Kuma air canon(i don't remember exactly what happened at that time) is an outlier or aim dodging?
Probably a combination of both, I'm thinking.

What I can't seem to figure out is an outlier or not is Crocodile's performance fighting guys like Jozu, Doffy and Mihawk during the Whitebeard War. What was up with that, anyways?

So, I had a thought I wanted to ask you guys here. Who do you think is the One Piece character with the funniest personality quirks, with the exception of members of the Straw Hat Pirates themselves? My personal vote would be Katakuri, the most badass and serious-looking, strongest member of the Big Mom pirates, who can freaking see the future, looking like a total goof while eating giant donuts and reacting to people talking about "big mouths" the way that Buggy reacts to people talking about big/red noses. Lol. Like, Oda did such a bait-and-switch there, making Katakuri seem like basically the most badass and serious character he had ever created only to totally turn it around on us when he finally showed us the dude's mouth.

Goodyfresh said:
What I can't seem to figure out is an outlier or not is Crocodile's performance fighting guys like Jozu, Doffy and Mihawk during the Whitebeard War. What was up with that, anyways?
Most probably a retcon in Croco's power level.

About your question:

Yeah, Katakuri is the first option that came in my mind but it's the most fresh one so I could be biased to him. Honestly I have to think seriously about that because 'goofy quirks' exists since One Piece is One Piece.

Calaca Vs said:
Goodyfresh said:
Most probably a retcon in Croco's power level.
About your question:

Yeah, Katakuri is the first option that came in my mind but it's the most fresh one so I could be biased to him. Honestly I have to think seriously about that because 'goofy quirks' exists since One Piece is One Piece.
I mean yeah, what character DOESN'T have goofy quirks. Big Mom herself turned out to be super-duper-quirky. . .although her quirks are actually more SCARY than FUNNY, for the most part. I mean, there's nothing funny about her eating disorder, that shit is honest-to-god terrifying.

OMG, speaking of quirks, I have been facepalming so hard over Zoro only being reunited with Luffy for a few chapters in Wano before somehow becoming lost and separated from him again. . . .and then he has the NERVE to say to himself "wow, how did those guys get lost?" Like dude, seriously? Come on now. Nami would be kicking his ass right now if she could, and he would deserve it, that dumbass.

But hey, on the bright side, he is probably going to end up running into Jack the Drought or somebody like that, and then we can give him an upgrade to Tier 6-C on this site. . . .hooray!

He always did that. It's a thing like: "I'm not lost but the others aren't capable of find me" XD

Yeah, Zoro and Sanji deserves a good upgrade. But don't worry because Zoro was 6-C before and if we get good scans of One Piece earth that could happen again.

Back