• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1058: "New Emperors" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hancock's most likely gonna be eating good as well. With the Road To Laugh Tale chapter saying she would a high bounty just like Mihawk, Bubby, Rayleigh, Dragon, and Rocks, I can actually see her getting the second highest bounty in the story for a woman after Big Mom.
Same except Oda had said she was in trouble some time during the beginning of Wano iirc

Maybe Boa Hancock will join Luffy's crew, or at least become the leader of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet?

Yes, but if she leads Luffy's fleet instead, it could work out.

I agree about that having Sanji and Brook constantly turn to stone, while Boa attempts to smooch Luffy, and Luffy ignores her, would turn old very fast.

Yes, but if she leads Luffy's fleet instead, it could work out.

I agree about that having Sanji and Brook constantly turn to stone, while Boa attempts to smooch Luffy, and Luffy ignores her, would turn old very fast.
The sanji and brook thing isn't the problem out of those two gags, they do that over Nami and Robin anyway.

Yes, but if they turn to stone during or right before a fight, they will not be useful for the rest of the crew.

Maybe, but it would create very impractical dynamics for the crew.

Is it any more of a hindrance for their battles than Nami putting Luffy in a cage and beating him for one idiotic decision? She's actually treating him like a slave. Not a huge problem ofc, I even find it a tad funny and cute

Weevil is out of possibility since he's too busy chasing the former WB crews and he's not kind of folks who listening to everyone except his mother
Weevil won't work under them directly but he could go after the bounties they put on the marines. He might get pissed from them attacking him & his mother could be interested in this as we know she loves money WB's treasuare.
So Nami really has CoC or is that just a gag?
I could've sworn i saw an SBS saying she's punching Luffy's soul

I also wouldn't mind Yonko lvl Crocodile (and possibly Buggy being actually yonko lvl since I think Oda said he could be Shanks level if he actually trained)

I think the translation says "swordsmanship"
This would furthermore confirm Shanks is a swordsman no?
I can't imagine them saying "Mihawk swordsmanship surpasses Kaido"

I think the translation says "swordsmanship"
This would furthermore confirm Shanks is a swordsman no?
I can't imagine them saying "Mihawk swordsmanship surpasses Kaido"
Yeah it does, we already knew Shanks was a swordsman from other sources but this is further evidence.

So Mihawk is heavily implied to be comparable to a two-armed Shanks, and stronger than one-armed Shanks.

It would be interesting if Marco offers Shanks to try to heal his missing arm.

So Mihawk is heavily implied to be comparable to a two-armed Shanks, and stronger than one-armed Shanks.

It would be interesting if Marco offers Shanks to try to heal his missing arm.
Shanks supposedly didn't get any weaker from losing his arm according to the databooks so it seems Mihawk's superiority isn't due to Shanks' missing arm

Last edited:
Well, even if he grew stronger over the years, it doesn't make any sense that he would currently not be stronger if his arm was restored.

Well, even if he grew stronger over the years, it doesn't make any sense that he would currently not be stronger if his arm was restored.
The databook seemed to focus on Shanks from 12 years ago and the quote was "After becoming a one-armed man, his strength didn't decline" which suggests that Shanks just losing an arm in general didn't weaken him rather than him training to regain his strength.

Last edited:
Okay. That doesn't make any sense, but it is up to Oda to decide.

Shanks, a man who doesn't rely on swordsmanship to fight was once equal to the WSS in skill.

Mihawk Swordskill >= Shanks Swordskill
Shanks everything else > Mihawk everything else

unknown.png

unknown.png

Oda went out of his way to drop the idea in our heads that Shank's doesn't rely on his sword mainly to fight.

Shanks, a man who doesn't rely on swordsmanship to fight was once equal to the WSS in skill.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Oda went out of his way to drop the idea in our heads that Shank's doesn't rely on his sword mainly to fight.
Oda has called him a swordsman in several occasions. Please stop

unknown.png

unknown.png

Keep coping buddy, dudes stated a swordsman and film red already showed how he fights with his fire sword.

Keep coping buddy, dudes stated a swordsman and film red already showed how he fights with his fire sword.
Of course Shanks is a swordsman. That's obvious especially given Film Red. All I'm saying is that Shanks has other things in his arsenal that would likely put him above Mihawk.

Haki, Flame Sword, and possible more. Oda left it up in the air by saying "but how does he actually fight?"
"Haki", which is incorporated in swordsmanship
"Flame Sword", which is incorporated in swordsmanship

There is no more. That man is a swordsman.
Oda said that shit over a decade ago, then he said that Film Red will show how he really fights, and we see how he really fights, as a swordsman

Both of them can infuse their weaponry with Haki, so superior skill at blade wielding wouldn't really change anything there.

Edit: Ninja'd.

Btw can someone explain why Nami is beating up Luffy and caging him?
Luffy snatched the wheel from Jinbe last chapter and sent them flying over a waterfall

Last time they dropped from big heights, they damaged the Merry to the point of no return
Luffy's dumbass didn't think before he fell for Kid's stupid taunt and cracked a part of the ship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back