• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1058: "New Emperors" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eminiteable

He/Him
Friday the thread will be updated with fan translations for the chapter and on Sunday the official release will be out.

Break Next Week

Link to the Official Release:
Viz

Discussions not related to the chapter should be discussed in the General Discussion Thread Here.

Spoilers will be discussed in this thread. try not to derail this thread.

Last edited:
Weird that Zoro and Sanji did not receive higher bounties than the people that they beat, and that Jinbe received a higher bounty than Sanji.

It was something that didn't even materialise 3 chapters ago like they claimed, so I'm pretty sure they were just wrong.

I'm talking about Mihawk's (also Weevil's). People were saying it'd come out in chapter 1056 (I said 3 chapters ago and 1.1 billion, but that was me misremembering).

Last edited:
Damn, Crocodile has really moved up in the world.

Also, I'm glad we can finally get rid of that abhorrent Mihawk downplay since his bounty has tripled.
Lol. A lot of it will definitely die down now, but some people on Twitter are still trying to say he's weaker than Shanks because of his bounty.

While I wanted Robin to get a straight up billion, I am still happy about her getting a 939 million bounty! That's higher than even Smoothie's! Finally, she gets proper bounty!

Nice to see Zoro in the billions, but I'm surprised it's barely over Jinbe's considering how much he did during the Raid. I wonder if he's going to get his King of Hell epithet on his new bounty.

I was expecting Sanji to get a 1 billion, however, I wasn't expecting Jinbe to also get a 1 billion bounty increase and for it to also be higher than Sanji's since he defeated a Yonko Commander. I guess it has to due to with Jinbe being a former Warlord and everything that happened in WCI.

Poor Chopper, at least he's finally in the thousands. :LOL: He probably won't reach the millions unless Oda gives the crew one final bounty increase before the series ends.

Now to Cross Guild. Glad we finally put to rest Mihawk and Crocodile being Buggy's followers, I can't believe people actually believed that. Not shocking that Buggy has a bounty higher than Luffy/Law/Kid at this point, it's amazing that he continues to fall upward without really trying lol.

I was not expecting Crocodile's bounty to reach higher than 500 million, so for it be over 1 billion was a pleasant surprise.

As for Mihawk, FINALLY Oda starts to give this man some more hype in this story! Not only does he have a bounty higher than two of the current Yonkos, Blackbeard and Luffy, he gained it all without having a crew! We even learn that Mihawk's former epithet was "Marine Chaser", which reminds me of Zoro's "Pirate Hunter" epithet. I saw someone on twitter say the Marines paid him not to whoop them no more. :LOL:

AFAIK Mihawk's old bounty has not been revealed but Shanks was at 1.04 billion when he was famous for being Mihawk's rival, so it could be true
Shanks bounty of 1.04 Billion was actually after he covered for Uta about Elegia. So before that his bounty was lower. Though I do recall someone saying Shanks gained famed by dueling Mihawk so it’s likely that Mihawk’s past bounty was higher than Shanks’ past bounty originally.

Kachon probs not to happy lol
Zoro: 1.5 billion
Usopp: 550 million
Sanji: 1.5 billion
Nami: 400 million
Chopper: 500
Robin: 600 million
Brook: 420 million
Franky: 690 million
Jimbe: 750 million
Yeah imma be real, what’s peoples logic to justify these bounties? cuz this not it. :(

This chapter was a definite improvement and I wasn't really disappointed by any of the bounties asides maybe Zoro
Jimbe getting a higher bounty than Sanji is rather surprising to me. Robin's bounty too is unexpectedly high, but it makes sense, especially at the current stage

While it's gonna be hilarious watching people freak out over the Jinbe>Sanji bounty, I'd like to remind everyone that bounties aren't indicative of power. Jinbe is a former warlord of the sea who betrayed the government, allied with Yonko Big Mom, and now with another Yonko, after taking down a special government agent as well.
He's a bigger threat to the government than Sanji, so it makes sense that his bounty's higher.
I assume Zoro's lower than King because of lunarian inflation tax or something idk

I don't know why is Mihawk's current bounty being treated as one he achieved without a crew because he is currently a member of Cross Guild. He is no longer a solitary fighter

Second highest currently active bounty that is known (after Shanks)

This assumes that Big Mom and Kaido are dead, and that Dragon's bounty (yet unkown) is lower
(Given how Dragon is the "World's Most Wanted Man", is the head of a group antithetical to the World Government, and Roger's bounty was specifically said to be unsurpassed by any pirate, chances are Dragon's bounty is higher)

D8A60946-0FEB-41CA-9BF9-AEB02A0A5B1A.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back