• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1058: "New Emperors" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least the WG thinks so, but the WG also thinks that Buggy is the leader of Cross Guild, so I'd take that with a pinch of salt
You compare Mihawk with Buggy? We know Mihawk's power is no joke and Buggy is a joke one but y'all still blind to justified.

People who know : Buggy is just a Moron
People who dont know : Buggy is Equal to Shanks.

You compare Mihawk with Buggy? We know Mihawk's power is no joke and Buggy is a joke one but y'all still blind to justified.

I'm just saying that the WG's judgement isn't the best

Technically Mihawk can't really kill him, atleast not with his sword. He can cut him with haki, but this only makes his attacks hurt, but it doesn't directly negate and just shut off his power. However if he turned his sword and used it to beat the shit out of Buggy with the blunt sides of it, or applied haki to his fists and beat him in a fist fight, He'd definitely win very easily. So Buggy would only make Mihawk finally touch grass and stop relying on his sword, basically.

Technically Mihawk can't really kill him, atleast not with his sword. He can cut him with haki, but this only makes his attacks hurt, but it doesn't directly negate and just shut off his power. However if he turned his sword and used it to beat the shit out of Buggy with the blunt sides of it, or applied haki to his fists and beat him in a fist fight, He'd definitely win very easily. So Buggy would only make Mihawk finally touch grass and stop relying on his sword, basically.
Your comment not really relevant with mine, but okay.

Love how the translation changes from “World Greatest Swordsman” to “World Strongest Swordsman” which is worlds apart contextually. I smell agenda from TCB scans. xD
Actually, according to Stephen Paul Oda doesn't really see any difference between the two, so I wouldn't say that's an agenda from the people that do the TCB Scans. But Zoro's bounty suddenly being higher in the official translation when TCB and all the leakers said it was 1,100,001,100 on the other hand....

Wouldn't claim they have an agenda but it is weird that they translated a "Sekai Saikyō" title as greatest, doing the same for Kaidou or WB wouldn't translate as well to the actual meaning; "The World's Greatest Man"

Oda's Editor's twitter account admitted there was made a mistake about Zoro's bounty in the Japanese raw, so that was Oda's mistake then. Watching people gloat about TCB being wrong, then the Viz being wrong and TCB being right, and then the Viz being right after all has been funny as hell.

Last edited:
What was the other Zoro bounty?

The fact that Hawkeye while being UNDER Buggy in the eyes of the government still was given a higher bounty anyway speaks to his greatness. Imagine if he had a crew, territory, and actually cared about doing things outside of just living in peace-
I found it funny that Croco outright goes along with the "leader duo" idea and didn't try contesting as the head of the organization

The fact that Hawkeye while being UNDER Buggy in the eyes of the government still was given a higher bounty anyway speaks to his greatness. Imagine if he had a crew, territory, and actually cared about doing things outside of just living in peace-
I found it funny that Croco outright goes along with the "leader duo" idea and didn't try contesting as the head of the organization
Crocodile clearly doesn't want to cross Mihawk. He accepted Mihawk's idea of Buggy being the frontman without much protest

Love how the translation changes from “World Greatest Swordsman” to “World Strongest Swordsman” which is worlds apart contextually. I smell agenda from TCB scans. xD
It's ultimately Oda's own decision on how to word it. Besides, translators don't get everything right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back