• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1015: "Chains" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kaido about to give Yamato the same ass whooping that Omni-man gave Invincible.
Possibly, but I doubt it's that big of a gap unless Yamato can not use Haoshoku for some reason. I'd expect Kaido to be slightly stronger until he says "**** it" and pops Haoshoku coating and begins thwacking Yamato around until Luffy returns.

Technically speaking, Queen's not all that much stronger than him based on current scaling. But all jokes aside, it's about time we see what Sanji can do... unless of course this is going to be yet another skirmish that results in the two separating before finding yet another opponent lmao. It's been happening quite a lot in this siege...
No one taking you seriously anymore if you compare Vergo to a 1.32 bilion bounty pirate with a portraly equal to King, who could withstand Marco's blows.

In terms of actual scaling and feats (currently), i was making a joke that Vergo is only a bit weaker than Queen.
  • Also gotta remember that when it comes to the Donquixote family, bounties don't exactly mean anything since they all froze over a decade before current events. A lot could have changed. Vergo's peers were at 99 million each, it wouldn't be surprising for them to be worth several hundred million now for their exploits and power.
  • Also, Kid only had a 470 million bounty last we saw, and he wounded a Sweet Commander during the time-skip (all but confirmed to be Cracker), and has clashed with the Yonko... I don't think bounties matter as it has been made abundantly clear in previous arcs that the Government tends to conceal or inflate certain events to manipulate bounties for specific people.

Realistically, yes, Queen will potentially get some form of scaling to Marco for taking blows from him despite being somewhat weaker from what we've seen on Panel.

Sanji I expected to go after Jack as it seems possible for him to win that fight since both are injured quite badly and it would be a fair fight. Queen on the other hand has not suffered any notable injuries at this point besides a few good hits from Marco (and the first slap from Chopper if we are really going to take that seriously). Queen is only a bit weaker than King assuming they are not equals, so for Sanji--who has taken a beating already--to face Queen head-on is quite unbelievable considering his little skirmish with King that ended quite poorly for him.

Well another person tbat may have rescued luffy can be Blackbeard, since he was also on his way to wano some 20 chapters back

Kinnemon can tank anche adv. CoC blow from Kaido?

So it's only natural for Zoro being capable of booking for few seconds the hakai, I guess.

Sanji did great, he fought Queen's fire with his own fire and sent him flying to Perospero.

All of this without his suit.

Let's wait for Chopper to heal Zoro so that he can take on King.

If Rayleigh showed up, that's just deus ex machina
True, but I think I'd really like it ... Roger's crew loved Oden, so a former member helping to fulfil Oden's dream would be significant. We already have Marco (and Izo, to some extent) representing Whitebeard's crew

Kinnemon can tank anche adv. CoC blow from Kaido?

So it's only natural for Zoro being capable of booking for few seconds the hakai, I guess.

Sanji did great, he fought Queen's fire with his own fire and sent him flying to Perospero.

All of this without his suit.

Let's wait for Chopper to heal Zoro so that he can take on King.
Wait Kin “tanked” that hit? Looked like his upper body god ******* crushed.

Ngl I hope that Kin didnt really “tank” it he just didnt die, like hes super hurt its just through sheer willpower hes still fighting Kaido and giving him the middle finger.

Last edited:
Wait Kin “tanked” that hit? Looked like his upper body god ******* crushed.

Ngl I hope that Kin didnt really “tank” it he just didnt die, like hes super hurt its just through sheer willpower hes still fighting Kaido and giving him the middle finger.
I agree with this, Kin is Dying, so Kaido Give him a Honor to Die As Samurai Warrior.

True, but I think I'd really like it ... Roger's crew loved Oden, so a former member helping to fulfil Oden's dream would be significant. We already have Marco (and Izo, to some extent) representing Whitebeard's crew
I know this comment is short, to the point, and doesn't bring reason for me to start a rant, but just because I feel like it and have some strong feelings against the opinion:

At the point we are in during Wano, it would be extremely convenient for Rayleigh to show up (not to mention I'd hate it for a couple major reasons). As far as I can remember, the public is not aware of Luffy going to Wano. Granted, Rayleigh should be intelligent enough to put the pieces together when it was announced that Law + Luffy joined forces, and defeated Doflamingo, but that'd be quite convenient for him to figure out Doflamingo and Kaido's partnership in exact detail.

As for the reasons why I would despite the idea of Rayleigh showing up to help Luffy:
  • As I said, it would be extremely convenient for Rayleigh to put all the pieces together with what limited information he would have. Limited information about the SHs have been released to the public, and only about the Law/Luffy Alliance, Doflamingo's defeat, and Big Mom's "defeat".
  • Rayleigh selectively traveling to Wano all the way from Sabaody doesn't seem very likely given that he is retired and hasn't been known to go far from the archipelago. Him hopping onto a ship, going through Fish-man island and a huge chunk of the New World merely a few weeks after Dressrosa news spread around the world. And I doubt he put this all together mentally, found a ship, traveled to FM Island and like half of the New World in the span of a few weeks. Also consider the fact that Luffy's group had been in motion for the majority of the trip, and only stopping at islands for a few days each. Rayleigh would
  • It's never been implied that Rayleigh has left Sabaody or entered the New World during the Reverie/Post-Reverie sections, so it would be terrible writing as it would seem that Rayleigh was just thrown into war for PIS and Fan Service in one package.
  • So many people are available to save Luffy already (that would make far more sense given previous chapters and keeps the stakes of the war high if it isn't anyone particularly game-changing)
  • And the reason I would hate this the most: Rayleigh saw Luffy off in Sabaody and acknowledged him as the person "Roger was looking for" (WB mentioning this before his death). His last words to Luffy were for the boy to "rise to the top". He believes and hopes that Luffy will surpass Roger and obtain the One Piece (Which apparently Rayleigh's generation failed to do as they were "too early"). Rayleigh coming to Wano betrays the trust and expectations he put on Luffy. His character would not respect Luffy's on the level in which was already established. Rayleigh has never looked at Luffy as a "son" of his. He looked at him as the future. It would be wrong for Rayleigh to intervene in the future's efforts as the old generation should let the new generation fulfill what they could only dream.
This comment dragged on more than I expected, smh.

But I do think the most likely people to save Luffy are the Heart Pirates (but those are not worthy of "concealment" (via spoiler) as that's the most expected), A member of the SH Grand Fleet (Harjudin being the one would be an excellent choice since he'd be the perfect catalyst to lead into Elbaf's arc), or potentially even another Whitebeard Commander (since it is entirely possible that Izo and Marco brought someone else for them, and revealing this spoiler would inform readers that there are even MORE WB pirates are present. And it would most definitely be that shark fish-man commander)

I know this comment is short, to the point, and doesn't bring reason for me to start a rant, but just because I feel like it and have some strong feelings against the opinion:

At the point we are in during Wano, it would be extremely convenient for Rayleigh to show up (not to mention I'd hate it for a couple major reasons). As far as I can remember, the public is not aware of Luffy going to Wano. Granted, Rayleigh should be intelligent enough to put the pieces together when it was announced that Law + Luffy joined forces, and defeated Doflamingo, but that'd be quite convenient for him to figure out Doflamingo and Kaido's partnership in exact detail.

As for the reasons why I would despite the idea of Rayleigh showing up to help Luffy:
  • As I said, it would be extremely convenient for Rayleigh to put all the pieces together with what limited information he would have. Limited information about the SHs have been released to the public, and only about the Law/Luffy Alliance, Doflamingo's defeat, and Big Mom's "defeat".
  • Rayleigh selectively traveling to Wano all the way from Sabaody doesn't seem very likely given that he is retired and hasn't been known to go far from the archipelago. Him hopping onto a ship, going through Fish-man island and a huge chunk of the New World merely a few weeks after Dressrosa news spread around the world. And I doubt he put this all together mentally, found a ship, traveled to FM Island and like half of the New World in the span of a few weeks. Also consider the fact that Luffy's group had been in motion for the majority of the trip, and only stopping at islands for a few days each. Rayleigh would
  • It's never been implied that Rayleigh has left Sabaody or entered the New World during the Reverie/Post-Reverie sections, so it would be terrible writing as it would seem that Rayleigh was just thrown into war for PIS and Fan Service in one package.
  • So many people are available to save Luffy already (that would make far more sense given previous chapters and keeps the stakes of the war high if it isn't anyone particularly game-changing)
  • And the reason I would hate this the most: Rayleigh saw Luffy off in Sabaody and acknowledged him as the person "Roger was looking for" (WB mentioning this before his death). His last words to Luffy were for the boy to "rise to the top". He believes and hopes that Luffy will surpass Roger and obtain the One Piece (Which apparently Rayleigh's generation failed to do as they were "too early"). Rayleigh coming to Wano betrays the trust and expectations he put on Luffy. His character would not respect Luffy's on the level in which was already established. Rayleigh has never looked at Luffy as a "son" of his. He looked at him as the future. It would be wrong for Rayleigh to intervene in the future's efforts as the old generation should let the new generation fulfill what they could only dream.

But I do think the most likely people to save Luffy are the Heart Pirates (but those are not worthy of "concealment" (via spoiler) as that's the most expected), A member of the SH Grand Fleet (Harjudin being the one would be an excellent choice since he'd be the perfect catalyst to lead into Elbaf's arc), or potentially even another Whitebeard Commander (since it is entirely possible that Izo and Marco brought someone else for them, and revealing this spoiler would inform readers that there are even MORE WB pirates are present. And it would most definitely be that shark fish-man commander)
I never disputed that it would be a deus ex machina ... So the majority of your rant was pointless

Turns out the new spoiler leaks suggest that it is the Heart Pirates...idk why tf the leaker even decided to censor that in the first place seeing how lackluster this piece of information is.

Turns out the new spoiler leaks suggest that it is the Heart Pirates...idk why tf the leaker even decided to censor that in the first place seeing how lackluster this piece of information is.
Saying it was specifically to "prevent YouTubers from knowing" seems like a way for the leaker to start having people jump to crazy theories. Frankly, I was expecting someone like Harjudin or Cavendish arriving on the scene.

Saying it was specifically to "prevent YouTubers from knowing" seems like a way for the leaker to start having people jump to crazy theories. Frankly, I was expecting someone like Harjudin or Cavendish arriving on the scene.
Yeah he is simply trying to hype us up is all tbh. I was wondering what sort of reveal would it be that can cause such shock, Shanks? Rayleigh? Or maybe even Oden? But no, it is the fkn Heart Pirates, which isn't shocking in the least and is actually quite the opposite - it is something even a 5 year old could have theorized which is quite frankly the most logical outcome, but that doesn't stop it from being a boring one.

Oh well let's see how things will unfold seeing that the RAWs are now out.

I just enjoy the fact that Jinbe is being shown smirking during his fight with Who's Who, like they were in some kind of argument where Who's Who is declaring that his side will win, only for Momonosuke to reveal Luffy's well-being, and getting a reaction out of Jinbe. I really don't think Jinbe is taking his fight with Who's Who very seriously at this point. He must be simply having a "conversation" with someone he knew before since apparently he has had a history with Who's Who at some point.

I like how one panel shows Queen's head up in the air, and Sanji just bonks him on the nose. Looks like Zoro might actually fight King since Marco and Chopper are literally right there. Wonder how he does since King should obviously be the strongest under Kaido.

First Ashura, then Kiku, then Kanjuro, now Kin'emon has been taken out. I wonder if any of the scabbards will live to the end of this (assuming the 4 listed are actually dead).

Looks like Shinobu decided to leap off of Onigashima with Momo. Good idea considering they were just above Udon last we checked. They should be safe now.

Yamato vs Kaido, I wonder what will happen.

Last edited:
Indeed, not only did Momo heard it, it is also implied that the Heart Pirates also heard his voice even though it is underwater.

Now we just need Luffy to develop Mind Reading power
Advance Observation Haki at Different Levels, Maybe Shanks Can Do that.

Shouldn't that be evidence that most Yonko Commanders are roughly comparable to one another? Probably need more but I think it adds more support to that interpretation.

Shouldn't that be evidence that most Yonko Commanders are roughly comparable to one another? Probably need more but I think it adds more support to that interpretation.
If Perospero hurts anybody in the next few chapters, maybe Kata could scale and close up the gap.

Marco is ~ Linlin and Beckman is ~ Shanks tho so idk, unless we say the YCs ~ Shanks and Linlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back