• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1009: "Hell" (Official Release)

Eminiteable

He/Him
Friday the thread will be updated with fan translations for the chapter and on Sunday the official release will be out.

No Break Next Week

Chapter Link: Viz, Mangaplus

Chapter Poll: Chapter Poll

Spoilers could potentially be discussed in this thread and try not to derail this thread.

Last edited:
- Kid: "Trafalgar !! Can't you send one of them away with your ability?"
- Law:" If I could I would have done it already !!
Their Haki is so strong that I cannot move them."

What did I say.

What did I tell everybody.

They didn't believe in me

But I was CORRECT

72ed36805b3fe595b9e7a3e04467ff5f2c976893.jpg

WAITING FOR THE CHAPTER TO DROP SO I CAN PUT RESISTANCE TO TELEPORTATION ON THE PAGE

Excited to see more Kaido abilities, his lightning attack on Luffy looks cool.

Excited for the Haki stuff negging DFs.

Im honestly iffy about Zoro stopping Kaido AND Mama but I guess it really depends on how, just seems odd but maybe its one of those times where Oda just goes for the “Badass Moment”.

Haki should get Limited Powernull IMO instead of giving it resistence to almost everything also it doesn't seem to be able to null all devil fruits like Bartos barriers so only let it null stuff it has feats of nulling

I have been saying that Haki blocks DF for years and its finally confirmed. (since punk hazard as smoker says that your hakii isnt strong to tashigi ya no joke)
because that would be too broken if its not the case (sugar/law....etc)
thats is big for me :)

Cool. This gives the supernovas a fighting chance at least.

Resistance to devil fruit abilities in general
This.

Though to be fair, only Haki users of a specific level can negate the power (Vergo unable to, Doflamingo almost nullifying it, Kaido and Big Mom negating it), and although PURELY speculation, it is likely a DF user who is also a Haki user can negate the defenses of another's if their "level/potency" is superior.
  • Edit: granted, via feats, it's hard to suggest Vergo is an inferior Armament user compared to Law, since he has proven far more versatile with the ability.
----

I enjoy the fact that Big Mom got YEET off the island. I understand most people are getting annoyed with how her character is being treated, but they must keep in mind that she's not exactly the most mentally stable individual, and there's also a strong potential that she is in a weakened state (Assuming her 3 soul fragments being separated from her has been weakening her, and her general physical condition potentially hindering her capabilities--which could easily be fixed if she can use Seimei Kikan).

Last edited:
I dont mind the jokes here and there hut honestly sometimes they just feel a bit over done, I know shes has her issues but shes still a Top Tier and yet most people basically feel no hint of fear when she pops in.

it is likely a DF user who is also a Haki user can negate the defenses of another's if their "level/potency" is superior.
I think level of DF mastery is more likely to be the deciding factor - in which case Law vs Vergo would make more sense, Vergo, it looked like, had mastered Haki to a much greater degree than Law, but Law's Devil Fruit usage was potent enough to overcome that (which was something even Doffy didn't anticipate)

This.

Though to be fair, only Haki users of a specific level can negate the power (Vergo unable to, Doflamingo almost nullifying it, Kaido and Big Mom negating it), and although PURELY speculation, it is likely a DF user who is also a Haki user can negate the defenses of another's if their "level/potency" is superior.
  • Edit: granted, via feats, it's hard to suggest Vergo is an inferior Armament user compared to Law, since he has proven far more versatile with the ability.
Maybe in the case of the people who Amputate worked on (Vergo), the fullbody haki < regular haki focused in one place.

Edit: Law has Haki too

I am legit confused reading the comments here. @CinCameron20 did you not add that devil fruits can be negated/resisted by haki several years ago? Like how is this new information when we are at chapter 1009? I get new users but this has been treated as fact by the experts for a long time unless something changed recently and a revision slipped my notice to take it out.

I am legit confused reading the comments here. @CinCameron20 did you not add that devil fruits can be negated/resisted by haki several years ago? Like how is this new information when we are at chapter 1009? I get new users but this has been treated as fact by the experts for a long time unless something changed recently and a revision slipped my notice to take it out.
There was no outright statement that Haki negates Devil Fruit powers in general. In fact, in many cases the opposite seemed to be true : like Prometheus/Zeus being immune to haki, Law cutting Vergo in spite of his superior haki and Barto's unbreakable barriers

There was no outright statement that Haki negates Devil Fruit powers in general.
Chapter 597 Rayleigh
In fact, in many cases the opposite seemed to be true : like Prometheus/Zeus being immune to haki,
"Created by DF" ≠ "DF ability"
Law cutting Vergo in spite of his superior haki
Maybe in the case of the people who Amputate worked on (Vergo), the fullbody haki < regular haki focused in one place.

Edit: Law has Haki too
and Barto's unbreakable barriers
Those aren't offensive barriers, they're not attacking.

like Prometheus/Zeus being immune to haki, Law cutting Vergo in spite of his superior haki and Barto's unbreakable barriers
1) Homie's are created by DF ability and the medium. False equivilancy

2) & 3) that is just you not giving those characters respect in your scaling.

Chapter 597 Rayleigh
Applies only to logia users and paramecia users like Luffy if I am not mistaken

Those aren't offensive barriers, they're not attacking
Logia intangibility is also not offensive

"Created by DF" ≠ "DF ability"
The DF ability i.e. soul manipulation is what makes them move, and that can't be affected except for the very specific case of Brook who also has soul manipulation

Applies to logia users and paramecia users like Luffy if I am not mistaken
He said "that's the most important use", not "that's the only use".
Logia intangibility is also not offensive
Completely different application of Busoshoku
The DF ability i.e. soul manipulation is what makes them move, and that can't be affected except for the very specific case of Brook who also has soul manipulation
That's like saying Haki should one tap biscuit soldiers since they're made from a DF ability

Or Haki should finger flick Hiken cause it's produced from a Devil fruit.

That's like saying Haki should one tap biscuit soldiers since they're made from a DF ability

Or Haki should finger flick Hiken cause it's produced from a Devil fruit.
If Haki was the be all end all solution to DF abilities, that is exactly what it should do if powerful enough. Of course, in actual One Piece, relative power of Haki and DF mastery balances things out - with the exception of Barriers, which is just a broken ability apparently

If Haki was the be all end all solution to DF abilities, that is exactly what it should do if powerful enough. Of course, in actual One Piece, relative power of Haki and DF mastery balances things out - with the exception of Barriers, which is just a broken ability apparently
This is why I give resistance to the abilities instead of nullification, because it doesn't null abilities, it resists the offensive abilities.

Barriers are meant to be unbreakable, since they stopped the birdcage and an Oden slice. Doesn't count

I think it's called the strongest because it's either a combo attack from two Yonkou (so obviously it's gonna be incredible) but not be the best feat, or it actually is visually the most impressive feat in the series (which will be hard to pull off since there's the Gura Gura's feats).

Also the combo attack is basically an upgraded version of Dorry and Brogy's Hakoku called Hakai.

I think it's called the strongest because it's either a combo attack from two Yonkou (so obviously it's gonna be incredible) but not be the best feat, or it actually is visually the most impressive feat in the series (which will be hard to pull off since there's the Gura Gura's feats).
Apparently it destroys part of Onigashima.

I'm waiting for Onigashima to be compared to Wano so we get the official size of Onigashima, since we have a stupidly large size for Wano.

Back