• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1009: "Hell" (Official Release)

If anyone asks, no, I don't believe that Zoro should even remotely scale to the full might of Hakai as it was clearly gonna kill him and even when he stopped the attack he still received serious damage, but the fact that he was able to stop it at all is a feat that should put him somewhat around (but below) the level of the Yonko at full strength.

6-C would theoretically come from the "low-end" scaling to Doflamingo and Katakuri (Assuming Doflamingo's 6-C feat is scaled to him).
If you don’t mind could you link that doffy 6-C feat or tell me what’s it from? I’m questioning what it could possibly be.

Besides maybe speed, Law really doesn't have any feats of scaling to the supernova/Yonko atm, so he likely would be mostly the same as he was in Dressrosa (unless he gains new feats in the next couple of chapters).

If you don’t mind could you link that doffy 6-C feat or tell me what’s it from? I’m questioning what it could possibly be.
it's just from scaling Doflamingo's Bird-Cage from tanking a High 6-C meteor-shower from Fujitora, the largest of the meteorites being this strong (46gt of tnt). Considering the meteorite impact onto the city did laughable damage, it's easy to say the threads fully stopped the meteorites, sliced through them, and they just free-fell from the top of the cage. Considering the same area tanked numerous 6-C meteorites, the threads can scale.

Doflamingo can also combat Gear 4th Luffy, who can snap his threads and it's unreasonable to assume that Doflamingo's combative threads [except Black Knight cuz its durability is hilariously bad] are weaker than the Bird-Cage threads.

However, the "Possibly 6-B" justification comes from scaling to Jozu (Maybe even Atmos) and PARTIAL scaling to Aokiji:
  • Doflamingo's thread manipulation full-stopped a mid-attack Jozu. Jozu could not escape the threads, but we've seen that brute force can break the threads. It's possible Doflamingo's threads are superior.
  • Doflamingo literally rag-dolled Atmos with the same ability (and it's not too far-fetched to assume Atmos is comparable to other Commanders such as Izo... who recently proved capable of trolling King and fighting Kaido)
  • Doflamingo considered the idea of fighting Aokiji in order to kill Smoker, and even withstood being frozen by him. The circumstances between how serious either of them were in this situation is obscure (and D's reasons for retreating are obvious via plot), but it's hard to argue against Doflamingo taking hits from Aokiji, and may actually be a threat to him (Also he clowned a guy who made Aokiji bleed, so take that as you will).
Edit: Someone on reddit scaled the Sunny to be like 56meters tall iirc, so the meteor would be 106m in diameter. Stopping the KE of that thing gives Law an easy 7-A feat on his own.

Last edited:
it's just from scaling Doflamingo's Bird-Cage from tanking a High 6-C meteor-shower from Fujitora, the largest of the meteorites being this strong (46gt of tnt). Considering the meteorite impact onto the city did laughable damage, it's easy to say the threads fully stopped the meteorites, sliced through them, and they just free-fell from the top of the cage. Considering the same area tanked numerous 6-C meteorites, the threads can scale.
Ahh now I see. Weird that they don’t have Doffy scaling to the bird cage already.

Ahh now I see. Weird that they don’t have Doffy scaling to the bird cage already.
Not that weird. We've had quite a few CRTs on it.

However, the "Possibly 6-B" justification comes from scaling to Jozu (Maybe even Atmos) and PARTIAL scaling to Aokiji:

There's been a revision recently to remove Doflamingo's AP scaling to Jozu when the Top Tiers were being revised Pre-Timeskip.

Considering the meteorite impact onto the city did laughable damage, it's easy to say the threads fully stopped the meteorites, sliced through them, and they just free-fell from the top of the cage. Considering the same area tanked numerous 6-C meteorites, the threads can scale.

Isn't that the AOE Fallacy? Just because Oda didn't portray massive destruction didn't mean the meteors didn't have that much power.

Yo zoro🔥🔥🔥Dude is > Whole Cake Luffy ...In the minimum his stats match physically..Zoro just took a double Yonko attack 😤...Beginning of wano Luffy was 1 htko by base Kaido.. Rooftop hasn't disappointed 💯

What an amazing chapter that was full of hype and amazing feats for upgrades:

1. So We see the scabbards meeting with Orochi and Fukurojou and he get's negged and one shotted from the scabbards its funny how we thought Zoro would fight Orochi in 1v1.... but anyways hope Oda gives more spotlight to Orochi he has really an amazing DF which i want to see it's potential. So Raizo gonna fight with Fukurojou finaly i want to see a hard fight between those 2 to be honest a ninja fight would be interesting in One Piece

2. So in the rooftop we see Big mom saying to Kaido to use a combined attack to the Supernovas then Kidd asks Law to move Kaido or Big Mom but he says he can't cause their haki is too strong so probably strong haki negates hax?🤔 Interesting

So they use an attack which is named "Ocean Sovereignity" and then we see the Mvp of this chapter Zoro tanking this attack but was still damaged which of course i find it obvious its definitely not easy to tank a combined attack from 2 Strongest Characters in the verse in physical strength i hope Zoro gets really upgraded after Wano Arc

After that we see Zoro in the floor and breathing hardly from that attack when Law asked him if he is okay he says he got barely damaged. Then we see Luffy trying to use Red Hawk on Kaido andhe dodges the attack and we see Luffy smiling saying "Shishishi you dodged it cause it would hurt you right?" Red Hawk negates durability its obvious

And after that damn we see Luffy getting overpowered in armament haki from Kaido's Kanabo which is coated with armament and yeah..... i hope Luffy in Base is okay from that monstrous attack which he took in his face....

Also finaly we see a badass moment of Kidd tanking Big Mom's attack and smiling which was his plan at first his durability feat was impressive obviously also the Supernova's teamwork is one of the best in the series i have ever seen putting Zeus in a box, cutting Prometheus,Killer Catching Napoleon😂 that panel made me laugh for some reason then kidd's magnet takes Big Mom on the top then Law throws a rock with tact in her with Big Mom saying "You think a rock could do something to me?" Then she realises she is falling in the sea calling Zeus for help cause she will drown. Also we see Zoro bleeding from his mouth for some reason what do you think happened is it because of the attack he blocked?🤔
https://i.imgur.com/w8OibYf.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/UQqRJV0.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ItFbmOb.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/RZnCori.jpg

Well Im rating this chapter 9/10 an amazing chapter with action, badass moments, and amazing teamwork

Well i think this is the end for Big Mom in this arc if Oda keeps her for the future to match Luffy in 1v1 that's what im predicting for now Big Mom will probably drown and smh Oda showing her in Elbaf but thats only a theory

MVP of this Chapter: Goatronoa Zoro

The scabbards killing Orochi was my favorite part of this chapter, Kid doing something new with his powers was my second favorite, everything else is in 3rd because there isn't a single bad thing this chapter IMO.

This chapter is so much better than the previous, it's been more than one week and i am still upset Kanjuro is alive.

I also want to point out that i am sure i was the first to say haki would protect them from Shambles and someone said "no it wouldn't because it's not an offensive power" or something like that, so my haki is not behind Tempest's.

I also want to point out that i am sure i was the first to say haki would protect them from Shambles and someone said "no it wouldn't because it's not an offensive power" or something like that, so my haki is not behind Tempest's.
See I was trying to make stuff up because I didn't know how it worked and I didn't want it to be wrong or to get denied

But on a serious note, Haki is passive?

See I was trying to make stuff up because I didn't know how it worked and I didn't want it to be wrong or to get denied

But on a serious note, Haki is passive?
Law was able to shambles everyone except BM/Kaido, so i guess they may have it up at all times.

Law was able to shambles everyone except BM/Kaido, so i guess they may have it up at all times.
From my knowledge, everyone he's shambles/tried to shamble with confirmed Haki was

Sanji
Zoro
Luffy
Doflamingo
The scabbards
Kaido and Linlin

Doflamingo was offguard beyond comprehension
Sanji, Zoro, Luffy, Scabbards are all allies who most likely chose to be shambled.

Maybe it's the invisible Haki?

Zoro stopped that blow for a second and was notoriously injured in serious condition (He would die if it weren't for Law). Luffy has stunned Kaido for a while with Kong Gatling and tanked many blows from his hybrid in base form. Holding for a second an attack that can kill him is not something he could not do.
Never said Zoros was better than Luffys, just that those two are the only ones other than Zoro with feats at that level.

Fantastic chapter this week with alot of badass and hype moments. Zoro was MVP but I wouldnt say he “tanked” that attack since he got pretty heavily damaged for the short time he stoppef it, so id say its not just a pure Durability feat, it is also an Endurance feat imo. Honestly im surprised by how Kaido and Mama reacted to Zoro stopping their attack cause outside the initial shock they seemed mostly unphased by it outside Mamas passing remark about them managing to get away.

Nice to see some new attacks from the Yonko especially Kaido, ill be curious to see Luffys condition next chapter and it seemed at the end Zoro was out/down.

Oda is still seemingly making it a point that “Healthy/Non-Weakened” Mama still has yet to be actually hurt by anyone, but he also showed a way to deal with here without harming her via team work.

I kinda wish Orochi didnt get ******* memed on hard than BM did but it was also kinda funny so eh, he probably isnt dead tbh.

Btw, do we scale Prometheus/Zeus/Napoleon to Linlin?
I remember that in Whole Cake Zeus failed to stop Big Mom, even though he was fueled by Nami's clouds (He was only able to hurt her when she was weakened during the battle against Jinbe and the others)

Not that weird. We've had quite a few CRTs on it.
Haven’t seen any of the CRTs, just weird thinking that Doffy birdcage is just thousands of times stronger than his regular threads.

Ororchi might still be alive since on panel he only lost 5 heads when he previously had 6 heads left after losing one to Kaido.
This is my thinking as well, feels wayyy too easy to just wash him like that. I still feel like Kinemon will 1v1 Orochi.

This is my thinking as well, feels wayyy too easy to just wash him like that. I still feel like Kinemon will 1v1 Orochi.
Orochi isn't a fighter, it really makes no sense to keep him alive any further, and can someone die please?

Also, a few options of what can happen with Linlin:

1)Death
2)Kaido will save her
3)Perospero will save her after having defeated Marco alongside K/Q
4)Queen Mama Chanter will finally appear

Also, a few options of what can happen with Linlin:

1)Death
2)Kaido will save her
3)Perospero will save her after having defeated Marco alongside K/Q
4)Queen Mama Chanter will finally appear
No way Mama Dies here, theres also the potential possibility of her either grabbing something or even making something into a homie to save herself, like what if she makes the air into a Homie or even one of Kaidos flame clouds.

Oda is playing with us since chapter 1 lmao.
Shanks losing his arm was the first troll by Oda

No way Mama Dies here, theres also the potential possibility of her either grabbing something or even making something into a homie to save herself, like what if she makes the air into a Homie or even one of Kaidos flame clouds.
I don't think Big Mom's going to die either but..... amnesia from falling?

Depends on what happens, also wait... werent they seemingly over Wano earlier? Why would they atill be over the Ocean?

Id have thought they would be over Land by now.

Back