• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Omlettes, the dna of the soul

No, no the nanomachines don't weaken from abuse, yah don't exactly have proof of it and I ain't about to need to prove a negative.

And now your misconstructing my arguments.

Raiden’s ripper mode AP<Raiden's Ripper mode AP with Muramasa<Armstrong’s durability, that's the scaling chain, no ifs ands or buts. You are literally lying through your teeth if you say I was saying otherwise

Muramasa is a direct increase to Raiden’s AP, in case you didn't notice, he can only get through Armstrong’s skin with the sword and can't exactly rip it open.

Raiden literally was making shockwaves with his punches in the second barrage, and didn't even phase Armstrong with it even if he moved a bit. This is objectively less damage than Sam did.

Oh, and did I mention you strawmanned me? I never said ONCE that muramasa has higher AP than Armstrong's durability, I even explicitly noted the opposite, however, it is close enough to the durability to actually knock Armstrong on his ass instead of just pushing him back a foot or two and not phasing him.

Not a first move.
also I still think the fact that raiden was able to consistently do damage to phase 4 armstrong in multiple ways without using the sword does mean that there was definitely a difference between armstrong's durability between phase 2 and phase 4, so I'd still say monsoon would be able to damage armstrong, it'd just take a long time for it to get to that point, but as I explained, his weapons breaking wouldn't really be a problem especially since he should be able to throw the same stuff that armstrong does and crush him with the same kind of rubble and stuff
also it's scripted that you lose your sword from multiple qtes and can continue doing damage to armstrong via punches, you just can't do anything about the healing since no blade mode, which is the only thing I see being the real struggle for monsoon. I just think armstrong outlasts him most likely but over time Monsoon could definitely get the kill on him, eventually

I could explain it, but then you'd never recover.
Just this once, chariot, I am willing to bet you're wrong. No longer do I obey your words, for now I've established new parameters, created my own directives
this is my metal gear rising: revengeance, I'm my own master now™️

Raiden grows stronger the more he fights (wow!).
Not even a new thing. Snake does it too. And Big Boss.
Hell 3 has a whole built-in mechanic for that and even dialogue proc's.

This is what you get for being a part skipper.

Old Snake Vs. Liquid Ocelot >> Raiden Vs. Armstrong too, don't @ me.

Raiden grows stronger the more he fights (wow!).
Not even a new thing. Snake does it too. And Big Boss.
Hell 3 has a whole built-in mechanic for that and even dialogue proc's.

This is what you get for being a part skipper.

Old Snake Vs. Liquid Ocelot >> Raiden Vs. Armstrong too, don't @ me.
oh
well
hmm
shit
can't monsoon do that too then

Why would Monsoon have it
It's mostly a big 3 thing, and probably Ocelot.
I don't even think Venom has it.

metal-gear-metal-gear-solid.gif

Then I will make it fit.

where does the rpl come from anyways
if it's the same old nanomachines justification, then monsoon should automatically get those benefits too
if it's not then like, where is it stated that raiden has it

if it's not then like, where is it stated that raiden has it
play the games bruddah, also i wouldnt even really call it RPL, more like accelerated development that covers most things
play 3 first though, BB's is the most explicit, as a plot point even with no less than 5 statements and gameplay reflecting its existence

Edit: Wait what? Nanomachines? Was that actually the old reason? That's sus.

raiden's AD is only skill based on his profile, so

You asked for the reason, not anti Raiden propaganda.

Low 9-B tops because he can fall off a building and game over 😔

This is true.
Agree with downgrade FRA.

anyways uhhhh
so until raiden's AD thing is real, there's still no explanation as to why he can beat phase 4 armstrong up with his bare hands and kicking him
and if the explanation is just invisible ripper mode XD then, monsoon scales, so
so like, uh
yknow
I think this thread is gonna have to be abandoned cause of revisions...

Back