• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Omlettes, the dna of the soul

Check the internet lately?

It's time for Senator Armstrong vs Monsoon
Speed is unequal
Battle takes place in the wreckage of the metal gear EXCELSUS, on top of the bloodstained sand
both in character
R.bcde0eb651a54e88815d478e11cc220e

Memes:
R.af5c5dd451e311d22722b754521dc4bf

College ball:

Armstrong also does scale to Ripper mode Raiden, and Armstrong has some actual AoEs to attempt to hit Monsoon and can heal of the extremely minor damage monsoon causes rather easily

Monsoon can hurt him over time, especially since he has a good speed advantage and is relative to ripper mode
He could also us red phosphorus attacks and hit him before he can harden his nanomachines
Even if his weapons were to break, he can technically still use them since they’re magnetic. And most of all, armstrong is notably slower than even base Raiden, while monsoon dodges blade + ripper mode raiden.

Armstrong also does scale to Ripper mode Raiden, and Armstrong has some actual AoEs to attempt to hit Monsoon and can heal of the extremely minor damage monsoon causes rather easily
Well yeah he has aoe, but they’re all slow regardless
Armstrong fighting ripper mode is less impressive since Raiden wasnt using it through the entire fight

Monsoon can hurt him over time, especially since he has a good speed advantage and is relative to ripper mode
He could also us red phosphorus attacks and hit him before he can harden his nanomachines
Even if his weapons were to break, he can technically still use them since they’re magnetic. And most of all, armstrong is notably slower than even base Raiden, while monsoon dodges blade + ripper mode raiden.
Monsoon's 10x reactions is only instinctive reaction when he's actually doing his split thing, before Armstrong can just grab his face and pummel his ass which is 100% in-character and Monsoon can't do shit about Armstrong just grabbing his head and just keeping a hold of it.
Well yeah he has aoe, but they’re all slow regardless
Armstrong fighting ripper mode is less impressive since Raiden wasnt using it through the entire fight
His AoE is all around himself and Monsoon jumping in is only gonna get him hit, in fact just the fire is enough to limit Monsoon's options for avoiding shit and just getting damaged

Armstrong was literally dominating Base Raiden mate, that wasn't a fight that was an argument with one side physically beating the other's ass outside of a few cheap shots. The real fight only ever began when Raiden got the muramasa and went Ripper Mode.

want to ask how exactly moonson hurt armstrong ?,the HF blade surely doesn't powerfull as murasama sword,even raiden with mura sword with ripper and blade mode have a hard time to kill armstrong cuz of his mid regen,and armstrong should have ap advantage in here.

Monsoon's 10x reactions is only instinctive reaction when he's actually doing his split thing, before Armstrong can just grab his face and pummel his ass which is 100% in-character and Monsoon can't do shit about Armstrong just grabbing his head and just keeping a hold of it.

His AoE is all around himself and Monsoon jumping in is only gonna get him hit, in fact just the fire is enough to limit Monsoon's options for avoiding shit and just getting damaged

Armstrong was literally dominating Base Raiden mate, that wasn't a fight that was an argument with one side physically beating the other's ass outside of a few cheap shots. The real fight only ever began when Raiden got the muramasa and went Ripper Mode.
I think you’re giving murasama a bit too much credit here
even when not using the blade in that fight, there’s qte scenes such as Raiden just punching armstrong or throwing him under the excelsus rubble that can damage him. The only reason it was such a big deal is because armstrong had been fighting extensively until that point and taking damage over time. This is also a good time to remind that he got as strong as he did through energy absorption, which is something that clearly runs out since in the end Raiden is able to do a bare handed zandatsu. Even in Sam’s fight, he’s able to still be within the same ballpark of power when fighting bare handed. Armstrong’s healing can also be interrupted, so that’s not a major issues.

Monsoon even has a good range advantage as well, which makes it less likely for him to get his head grabbed and ****** up.

Also raiden’s blade and murasama clash multiple times without either breaking, so to say that it was the sole factor in turning the stomp around would seem to not be the truth here.

I think you’re giving murasama a bit too much credit here
even when not using the blade in that fight, there’s qte scenes such as Raiden just punching armstrong or throwing him under the excelsus rubble that can damage him. The only reason it was such a big deal is because armstrong had been fighting extensively until that point and taking damage over time. This is also a good time to remind that he got as strong as he did through energy absorption, which is something that clearly runs out since in the end Raiden is able to do a bare handed zandatsu. Even in Sam’s fight, he’s able to still be within the same ballpark of power when fighting bare handed. Armstrong’s healing can also be interrupted, so that’s not a major issues.

Monsoon even has a good range advantage as well, which makes it less likely for him to get his head grabbed and ****** up.
I see what your saying, AKA something that was removed from Armstrong's profile a long time ago. His nanomachines don't have a time limit. Don't act like they do.

Other than that what your going on about is mostly just Raiden being able to harm Armstrong, so monsoon should to right? Wrong, a clone of monsoon got rekt'd by base Raiden, and we all know how Base Raiden compares to Armstrong. TBH I wouldn't even put Ripper Mode Raiden comparable to Armstrong's durability, he caused actual damage yes but it was through many hits he could take Armstrong down, even when he had a decent opening he had to hit over a dozen times in one spot to get through Armstrong's skin so he could do the finishing blow.

Ya do realize Monsoon has never, ever started with his separation thing right? You do realize that's what gives Monsoon his range right? You do know what getting into melee with a guy who can successfully grab someone who's comparable or superior to Monsoon in skill means right?

Also raiden’s blade and murasama clash multiple times without either breaking, so to say that it was the sole factor in turning the stomp around would seem to not be the truth here.
Armstrong could snap Raiden's sword like a twig, he didn't even attempt that with the Muramasa. Sam could harm Armstrong with Muramasa despite literally being comparable to base Raiden, that should give you an idea on how the Muramasa changed things

I see what your saying, AKA something that was removed from Armstrong's profile a long time ago. His nanomachines don't have a time limit. Don't act like they do.
Not saying they have a time limit, I’m saying they wear and tear and he clearly has a limited stamina before they start failing. His profile even notes that his stamina is lower than raiden’s.
In fact, the murasama itself in sam’s armstrong battle couldn’t actually do much lasting damage until he blitzed the nanomachines with quick draw, and Armstrong visibly tanks the sword in the quick time event, and this is when he just absorbed energy from a few helicopters and stuff, as opposed to the entire metal gear excelsus. Sure it’s somewhat stronger, but if it were really that big of a difference as you say, then both times Raiden clashed blades with sam, his sword would have just snapped like a dry noodle.
Other than that what your going on about is mostly just Raiden being able to harm Armstrong, so monsoon should to right? Wrong, a clone of monsoon got rekt'd by base Raiden, and we all know how Base Raiden compares to Armstrong. TBH I wouldn't even put Ripper Mode Raiden comparable to Armstrong's durability, he caused actual damage yes but it was through many hits he could take Armstrong down, even when he had a decent opening he had to hit over a dozen times in one spot to get through Armstrong's skin so he could do the finishing blow.
Monsoon clone was AI controlled and is a separate machine, even Boris noting that the fight would be easier than before for Raiden. I’m fairly certain it also dies faster in-game as well so there’s that, even tho game mechanics.

Ya do realize Monsoon has never, ever started with his separation thing right? You do realize that's what gives Monsoon his range right? You do know what getting into melee with a guy who can successfully grab someone who's comparable or superior to Monsoon in skill means right?
Magnet dodge is still a thing, it’s not as if Armstrong’s grab is aoe too.

Not saying they have a time limit, I’m saying they wear and tear and he clearly has a limited stamina before they start failing. His profile even notes that his stamina is lower than raiden’s.
In fact, the murasama itself in sam’s armstrong battle couldn’t actually do much lasting damage until he blitzed the nanomachines with quick draw, and Armstrong visibly tanks the sword in the quick time event, and this is when he just absorbed energy from a few helicopters and stuff, as opposed to the entire metal gear excelsus. Sure it’s somewhat stronger, but if it were really that big of a difference as you say, then both times Raiden clashed blades with sam, his sword would have just snapped like a dry noodle.

Monsoon clone was AI controlled and is a separate machine, even Boris noting that the fight would be easier than before for Raiden. I’m fairly certain it also dies faster in-game as well so there’s that, even tho game mechanics.

Magnet dodge is still a thing, it’s not as if Armstrong’s grab is aoe too.
Considering Raiden is a stamina monster, that's not really a big thing lol

Sam outright floored Armstrong after an extended battle, instead of just throwing him like Raiden did, Sam did some damage outside of the quick draw.

There's far more than just AP that comes into consideration there, such as Raiden having already fought Monsoon before and likely knew his overall patterns, or the clone not being as skilled as Monsoon, or maybe it's just all of the above, we don't know, but I'd say majority dictates that it was likely not AP that seperated the clone and the real guy.

Did you even read what I said? Monsoon does not start with that, in gameplay I think he first activated it at 80 or 75% health, I don't feel like checking right now, but point is he doesn't immediately go for it, giving Armstrong ample time to grab Monsoon once.

Sam outright floored Armstrong after an extended battle, instead of just throwing him like Raiden did, Sam did some damage outside of the quick draw.
Throughout the fight it is shown many times that armstrong can tank sam’s attacks when he’s hard, even the moments before the quick draw he repeatedly knocks it away like nothing over and over, and he also quite literally just holds his hands up and allows Sam to try and Saw at him with murasama but it does literally nothing. Even when he floors armstrong he gets back up with no signs of any damage whatsoever, and that was after one of his charged up quick draws.
Not to mention that this was also a weaker armstrong, since he didn’t just eat up the energy from excelsus that time.
So no, murasama is not the ultimate armstrong slayer, it was just a slightly stronger weapon to replace raiden’s HF blade, and it worked because Armstrong’s nanomachines had already took a extensive beating or two. Otherwise, it would make no sense for Raiden to still be damaging armstrong with punches, kicks, and tossing him at rubble.

There's far more than just AP that comes into consideration there, such as Raiden having already fought Monsoon before and likely knew his overall patterns, or the clone not being as skilled as Monsoon, or maybe it's just all of the above, we don't know, but I'd say majority dictates that it was likely not AP that seperated the clone and the real guy.
Well, we don’t know that, because it was a different body. Maybe the spare ones are just weaker or are built differently, or are older or something, but we don’t actually have evidence saying that they’re equal in raw power or anything, especially when one lost to regular Raiden vs the real one fighting ripper mode Raiden

Did you even read what I said? Monsoon does not start with that, in gameplay I think he first activated it at 80 or 75% health, I don't feel like checking right now, but point is he doesn't immediately go for it, giving Armstrong ample time to grab Monsoon once.
True, but armstrong was only barely overpowering raiden’s LS, and Monsoon also can overpower Raiden, so it’s not actually as big of a deal as you think for him to get grabbed

Just condense it all into one post next time, please and thank you.
Throughout the fight it is shown many times that armstrong can tank sam’s attacks when he’s hard, even the moments before the quick draw he repeatedly knocks it away like nothing over and over, and he also quite literally just holds his hands up and allows Sam to try and Saw at him with murasama but it does literally nothing. Even when he floors armstrong he gets back up with no signs of any damage whatsoever, and that was after one of his charged up quick draws.
Not to mention that this was also a weaker armstrong, since he didn’t just eat up the energy from excelsus that time.
So no, murasama is not the ultimate armstrong slayer, it was just a slightly stronger weapon to replace raiden’s HF blade, and it worked because Armstrong’s nanomachines had already took a extensive beating or two. Otherwise, it would make no sense for Raiden to still be damaging armstrong with punches, kicks, and tossing him at rubble.
You do realize Armstrong has regen right? He's not exactly defenseless in recovery. And the "extensive beating" Armstrong’s nanomachines took was Armstrong literally standing there and practically no-selling all of Raiden's shit. You need to check your definition of "extensive beating" Cause that implies Raiden was doing literally anything of note.

And Sam still did shit to Armstrong so...
Well, we don’t know that, because it was a different body. Maybe the spare ones are just weaker or are built differently, or are older or something, but we don’t actually have evidence saying that they’re equal in raw power or anything, especially when one lost to regular Raiden vs the real one fighting ripper mode Raiden
Or it's PIS like was agreed upon when Raiden got his RPL nuked, which I still disagree with but still. We also don't have evidence they aren't weaker in raw power because "it's PIS"
True, but armstrong was only barely overpowering raiden’s LS, and Monsoon also can overpower Raiden, so it’s not actually as big of a deal as you think for him to get grabbed
Remind me when Monsoon overpowered Raiden, again? Was it that time Raiden literally pinned Monsoon to the side of a building with one foot and beat his ass with the other?

Or it's PIS like was agreed upon when Raiden got his RPL nuked, which I still disagree with but still. We also don't have evidence they aren't weaker in raw power because "it's PIS"
Never forget.

Anyway Ziller stop being sus, you know the answer to this. We don't need a thread for this.

Nah, Monsoon isn't attacking faster than Armstrong's nanomachines, even Sam one of the fastest characters had trouble with that.

Also with the debris and shit hurting Armstrong is likely just gameplay mechanics. Regular rocket launchers are capable of dealing damage to Armstrong and I'm pretty sure their not High 7-C. As for ripper mode Raiden hurting and matching Armstrong; He can match his blows yes but he only dealt damage by punching his unhardened areas.

The only way I see Monsoon winning this is by taking pot shots until Armstrong runs out of energy

Nah, Monsoon isn't attacking faster than Armstrong's nanomachines, even Sam one of the fastest characters had trouble with that.
It’s about stealth not speed. If armstrong doesn’t know where to harden then monsoon could get a cheap shot or two. As shown with the quick draw scene, if you hit him in a spot where his nanomachines don’t harden then he gets ****** by the attack, and monsoon is probably skilled enough to try it, at least his intelligence section says so
Also with the debris and shit hurting
Armstrong is likely just gameplay mechanics. Regular rocket launchers are capable of dealing damage to Armstrong and I'm pretty sure their not High 7-C. As for ripper mode Raiden hurting and matching Armstrong; He can match his blows yes but he only dealt damage by punching his unhardened areas.
It’s a quick time event (effectively just an interactive cutscene) where the debris thing happens so the game mechanics thing falls flat
And if Raiden can hit his unhardened areas, why couldn’t monsoon do the same, especially with detachable limbs and red phosphorus I’d think he’d have a similar chance as Raiden
Just condense it all into one post next time, please and thank you.

You do realize Armstrong has regen right? He's not exactly defenseless in recovery. And the "extensive beating" Armstrong’s nanomachines took was Armstrong literally standing there and practically no-selling all of Raiden's shit. You need to check your definition of "extensive beating" Cause that implies Raiden was doing literally anything of note.
Raiden still did minimal damage actually, but that’s not the point
all I’m saying is that while armstrong did no sell his shit, his nanomachines obviously get weaker the more damage they take. In fact that’s shown when Raiden has to slash like 10 times in blade mode and then he can zandatsu him
And even ignoring that, you still haven’t explained why Raiden is able to do damage without using the sword during the fight despite having previously been unable to damage him. Even in the infamous Raiden Ora Ora scene, armstrong goes from standing there like a brick wall to moving slightly from the punches.
They’re just tiny little nanomachines, it would make more sense that the more Raiden beats them up, the more they erode over time and become less effective. And again, if what you’re saying is true then it would imply that murasama would simply cut through raiden’s blade since it scales above Armstrong’s dura, vs raiden’s sword being snapped. But that doesn’t happen, so.
Remind me when Monsoon overpowered Raiden, again? Was it that time Raiden literally pinned Monsoon to the side of a building with one foot and beat his ass with the other?
How about him pinning Raiden to the ground and stabbing him repeatedly
the “does it hurt?” attack

I want to point out we're talking about debris with a hardness of several hundred GPA, Raiden tossing him into that shit at high speeds is gonna hurt.
Hell if it was a normal cyborg they would probably literally explode into a haze.

This is not a bad thing, it's actually very impressive.

In fact that’s shown when Raiden has to slash like 10 times in blade mode and then he can zandatsu him
Bruh, I hope you realize that's literally not what's happening there? He's doing what Sam did, outspeeding them. Hacking them down faster than they can repair, it's not that they're getting weaker, it's that they're being torn down faster than they can self-repair in that scene.
Hell if you exit Blade Mode at all, they instantly heal over and Armstrong just shakes himself off and is back to throwing hands. Raiden is making use of speed amps to out do the nano's.

Also with the debris and shit hurting Armstrong is likely just gameplay mechanics. Regular rocket launchers are capable of dealing damage to Armstrong and I'm pretty sure their not High 7-C. As for ripper mode Raiden hurting and matching Armstrong; He can match his blows yes but he only dealt damage by punching his unhardened areas.

The only way I see Monsoon winning this is by taking pot shots until Armstrong runs out of energy
Armstrong has active Nanos under his skin, so...
It’s about stealth not speed. If armstrong doesn’t know where to harden then monsoon could get a cheap shot or two. As shown with the quick draw scene, if you hit him in a spot where his nanomachines don’t harden then he gets ****** by the attack, and monsoon is probably skilled enough to try it, at least his intelligence section says so

It’s a quick time event (effectively just an interactive cutscene) where the debris thing happens so the game mechanics thing falls flat
And if Raiden can hit his unhardened areas, why couldn’t monsoon do the same, especially with detachable limbs and red phosphorus I’d think he’d have a similar chance as Raiden

Raiden still did minimal damage actually, but that’s not the point
all I’m saying is that while armstrong did no sell his shit, his nanomachines obviously get weaker the more damage they take. In fact that’s shown when Raiden has to slash like 10 times in blade mode and then he can zandatsu him
And even ignoring that, you still haven’t explained why Raiden is able to do damage without using the sword during the fight despite having previously been unable to damage him. Even in the infamous Raiden Ora Ora scene, armstrong goes from standing there like a brick wall to moving slightly from the punches.
They’re just tiny little nanomachines, it would make more sense that the more Raiden beats them up, the more they erode over time and become less effective. And again, if what you’re saying is true then it would imply that murasama would simply cut through raiden’s blade since it scales above Armstrong’s dura, vs raiden’s sword being snapped. But that doesn’t happen, so.

How about him pinning Raiden to the ground and stabbing him repeatedly
the “does it hurt?” attack
No, no the nanomachines don't weaken from abuse, yah don't exactly have proof of it and I ain't about to need to prove a negative.

And now your misconstructing my arguments.

Raiden’s ripper mode AP<Raiden's Ripper mode AP with Muramasa<Armstrong’s durability, that's the scaling chain, no ifs ands or buts. You are literally lying through your teeth if you say I was saying otherwise

Muramasa is a direct increase to Raiden’s AP, in case you didn't notice, he can only get through Armstrong’s skin with the sword and can't exactly rip it open.

Raiden literally was making shockwaves with his punches in the second barrage, and didn't even phase Armstrong with it even if he moved a bit. This is objectively less damage than Sam did.

Oh, and did I mention you strawmanned me? I never said ONCE that muramasa has higher AP than Armstrong's durability, I even explicitly noted the opposite, however, it is close enough to the durability to actually knock Armstrong on his ass instead of just pushing him back a foot or two and not phasing him.
Can’t monsoon just toss that stuff at him
Not a first move.

Anyways I’m gonna go ahead and say monsoon loses, but I don’t think this is a stomp at all so I’m keeping it open

Back