• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Oh so totally worth it.

She just has Resistance to Time manip in general. A kind that isn't time stop. And even that is wrong.

@Gar. What's the range? I just assumed max SBA range.

@Saik. She's also willing to Danmaku as well though, given her series revolves around it.

Her series revolves around it because that's pretty much a local law. When she's not playing, she's easily willing to go serious. Hell even when NOT serious she relies on spatial manip.

In that case, they'd likely be much closer to one another. At max, room's distance. Which makes time stop much more of a problem.

Unless you have proofs of the time stop being kilometers in range or hell Link even using it fast enough for it to matter against Yukari, you have no reasons to just lump it together with those items.

That's Triforce only (and the non combat applicable Ocarina), so unless he's gonna just reality warp her away from the start...

Doesn't matter, as long as the range is combat applicable, it should affect starting distance. Our rules don't state that the fight must start at a distance where most of the character's attacks can reach, just the highest.

Link rarely has or uses the Triforce. He only used it 3 times, and one of those was to wish someone else away. The other times, he already beat the final boss and was reversing the damage.

I'm voting for Link for Cal's reasons. Time Stop, and then she gets shot with an EE arrow. That is, if time stop is valid.

On a side note, wasn't ALBW Ganondorf's range much further because of feats regarding the Dark World when wielding the full Triforce?

@hadou Can you show me anytime that Link has ever used timestop in character right off the bat?

@Cal Still doesn't matter, as I've said above. And you still have those magical items with kilometers of range.

@Glass, "in-character" for video game characters in games like TLOZ can be basically anything he has at his disposal that he doesn't get from just statements or irrelevant cutscenes.

Like I said, my original comment was very off, as only the Ocarina and Triforce have the range above several hundred meters (maybe the Medallions, but I'm unsure). At 4KM, the only combat applicable thing he has is the Triforce, which he'll use if it comes down to it.

Saying that a character-less character would use his best hax from the get go? Doesn't work that way. Especially when what little of Link we do see certainly doesn't fight like that.

Cal you will have to accept that Link isn't Bayonetta.

Intelligence isn't what matters here.

Hell even if he does use the Triforce, is it instant? Or really anywhere near as fast as Yukari? Because if Link doesn't do something right away, either:

A) Yukari flees into a gap and snipes

B) Yukari slices him in half with Spatial Manipulation

C) Yukari conceptually erases him.

Yes. It's instant. Also, range should be Multi-Universal, given that it affected Lorule from Hyrule in ALBW and the Sacred Realm + the Light World in ALTTP

I'm gonna need more than a "Yeah it is" here Cal, sorry. Especially since in every instance I've seen it being portrayed, it was never "Think about erasing an enemy and now they're erased"

Curious, where does that range come from? And I doubt Link's immediate decision is to just by luck happens to choose the right ability/item to destroy an enemy out of his entire plethora that may also hurt. And can it work against someone who time travels to the past?

How the Triforce works is fairly simple. In context it's described "He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted". That doesn't take more than thinking to do.

Remember that Yukari doesn't have Time Travel (yet) CoB, and that it's far from her immediate action in a fight.

Ain't it so. Also can't Yukari also drop Link into a 2D world like paper or something? Heck I'm not even sure if Link could reach her if Yukari pulls off that and just bombards him from an unknown point. Though less likely to happen but still possible.

It's still pretty asinine to assume that Link's literal first move upon being provoked into a fight by a lady would be to use the most powerful artifact in the verse to erase her from existence. Especially when (In your own words) he almost never does that.

But she dooooooes

Not that it's needed rn. And figured.

And has Link always used it to "erase the existence of my enemy"? And that the worlds aren't even that distant? And if Ganon had that wouldn't he have erased Link?

Magic Mirror, and Link's back to the battlefield.

@COB. That goes both ways. Yukari has to by luck choose the most appropriate boundary f*ckery to deal with Link, spatial manipulation being the exception.

How fun it is when people comes up with new range mid-fight.

Mind me, I haven't noticed the downplayed range on his page, no offence to Cal. I was reminded of said Multi-Universal range because it became relevant, and if this battle is concluded without said range being included, when Cal adds it to his page, we would just have to redo the battle.

Curious, where does that range come from? And I doubt Link's immediate decision is to just by luck happens to choose the right ability/item to destroy an enemy out of his entire plethora that may also hurt. And can it work against someone who time travels to the past?

The range comes from the instances Cal was mentioning where it was first done with said range by Ganondorf and then with Link. And no, it isn't just luck. Link has Precognition from the Triforce of Wisdom, which would make it easier than it usually is to know what he has to do to finish the battle quickly, and if he knows he's fighting Yukari at 4 kilometers and he also knows that the Triforce can reach that far, and is the only thing he has that can reach that far, then he will use that Triforce. And Link can also travel to the past.

Link, a user of the Triforce of Wisdom, master of taking the best way to victory, who every time he had it, he used it immediately, and it being the only item to be able to cross the 4Km distance, would indeed use the wisest decision to off his opponent.

That leaves a lot of time for Yukari to prepare a counterattack.

I mean it's not like she has to spam danmaku, sending trains (Even if it's for memes), or other stuff. Spatial manip should be enough then in that case as a minimum. Considering she won't hesitate to use it against others.

@Cal How coincidental that Yukari has actually shown to use Spatial Manip as her move of choice even when lightyears from being serious. She wouldn't suddenly start trying random boundary effects on Link for shit and giggles when she can just cut him up or erase him.

Back