• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Official upgrade to Senran Kagura

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally calculated this feat of Naraku and got an 8-B result

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Hagane_no_Saiyajin/Let%27s_try_agai

This would make to Asuka, Homura, and Haruka all 8-B too since that have fought with Naraku. And for character who scale Katsuragi, Ikaruga, Yumi, Hikage, Shiki, and Yagyu would all be 8-B too

However for some other characters like Hibari and Mirai I would think that 'Likely 8-B' would be good enough

But comment below about this upgrade

Sorry, but Weekly is correct. Quite recently, KE feats regarding swung weapons were agreed to be invalid after quite a bit of debate. I think there are some mild exceptions (maybe? I don't remember the specifics) but in general a KE feat involving swinging a weapon is considered invalid.

Technically this is rotational KE and not swung rotational kinetic energy and my calc is basically a part 2 to Schmuck's calc on the size of the ball so invalidating this calc means invalidating Schmuck's calc.

And if it's not a KE feat, consider it a durability feat since Naraku is performing the feat without getting her legs torn off

It still wouldnt apply as that would be the same as saying that KE via something like Katana's sword swinging feat are dura feats because she didnt break her arms while swinging the sword

We had a long content revision thread discussion about this previously, and reached the decision that only large objects that require superhuman strength to carry, such as a large boulder, should count for kinetic energy, not carrying a backpack or swinging a small weapon, for example.

If the current explanations are insufficient, somebody should ask DontTalkDT to help out here, so he can clarify this in a better manner within the Kinetic Energy Feats page.

Antvasima said:
We had a long content revision thread discussion about this previously, and reached the decision that only large objects that require superhuman strength to carry, such as a large boulder, should count for kinetic energy, not carrying a backpack or swinging a small weapon, for example.
Swinging around a 1.56830918216x10^5 kg steel ball sounds like it counts to me

Veloxt1r0kore said:
Even its count it doesn't have KE on that so yeah, ufortunately this can't be applied
I hope you don't push this too hard
I don't quite understand

I used the formula for rotational kinetic energy, and this feat does require superhuman strength, so what's wrong

Hagane no Saiyajin said:
Swinging around a 1.56830918216x10^5 kg steel ball sounds like it counts to me
It most likely would, yes. If that is what is being suggested here.

I'm sorry, but where is a video or scans of the feat in question?

The video in your blog isn't helpful, I can't even tell what you're calculating.

I thought so... There's a few problems with this calc.

1. The video may have the option to run at 60fps, but the actual game does not. You can tell by watching the video and moving it frame by frame, the image doesn't actually change until you move forward by two frames. That is a classic case of a 30fps game being upscaled to 60 fps.

Try it out, you can move a video frame by frame on youtube by clicking the , or . button. Compare it to Estival Versus, which is a game that runs at 60 fps, the image changes with every frame. You can't use 60 fps, you have to use 30 fps.

2. The radius is incorrect. You're trying to use the radius of the ball when it's big, but that is wrong. The steel ball is smaller than the one in deep crimsio, which is what you should be using. I got a diameter of 8.19549618321 m, which gives a radius of 4.09774809161 m for the smaller balls.

3. The mass is wrong too, this should be obvious. You're using the mass of the bigger ball, than the smaller one she's actually swings in your video. Naraku can change the size and weight of the steel balls. You can tell by how she uses them, she swings the bigger ball slower than she does the smaller ones. The smaller ball also leave a smaller crater when dropped, compared to the big one.

The actual results would be far lower.

I guess there's some fixing I need to do, mind relaying the radii of the balls and everything based on what is shown in Deep Crimson and Estival Verses.

I can't do pixel scaling as I am now, sorry

Using this picture I found the sizes.

Radius = 3.45280254777 m

Mass = 1678.84535257 kg or 3357.69070513 kg for both.

I'm going to be honest, this isn't going to give impressive results. Might be better to look for other feats. Though if you find any, I don't mind taking a look at them for you.

I'm currently going through some feats in the game and manga, but yes this thread should be closed as the original topic has been concluded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back