• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Official Smash Ultimate tier list

Even if that does happen ( Abstract existence is Shulk's biggest hurdle right now so I can see it ) it wouldn't change the fact that Shulk is more powerful with that 2-A rating :U

Not the strongest nintendo verse: Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, other popular verses with several games

Strongest Nintendo verse: Series with only two games that gets a lot of it's popularity from it's character being in a crossover fighting game

Once again, INB4 Arcues actually stomps

>only two games.

Xenoblade Chronicles X didnt ask for this life.

Dont know but omnipresent isnt even a speed, it's a state of being, Ness attacks still only have MFTL or whatever he is at speed and his reactions are only that too, he's just kinda everywhere at once, he's basically just big.

Anyone else find it weird how Star Fox isn't that strong of a verse (compared to most Nintendo verses)? Even F-Zero, which isn't even a combat focused verse has a god tier that is 4-A possibly 3-C to 3-A

Chariot190 said:
Dont know but omnipresent isnt even a speed, it's a state of being, Ness attacks still only have MFTL or whatever he is at speed and his reactions are only that too, he's just kinda everywhere at once, he's basically just big.
yeah but it has effect on battles as in, for exemple, a race, someone with infinite speed instantly goes to the end, while someone omnipresent is at every possible point in the race even before it starts

The Smashor said:
Omnipresant isn't greater then immeasureable. Omnipresant is, as a baseline, equal to infinite.
but isn't Ness Omnipresent through time too making him greater than immeasureable?

Genericstickman said:
Anyone else find it weird how Star Fox isn't that strong of a verse (compared to most Nintendo verses)? Even F-Zero, which isn't even a combat focused verse has a god tier that is 4-A possibly 3-C to 3-A
That's a really good point. Even Metroid which has a similar sort of setting and feel to Star Fox is a damn powerful verse.

Pulinno said:
Well I mean she could be 3-A if you consider she touched the Triforce along with Link in ALBW's ending OK LET'S GO
Well... tgis is a thing now... 3-A Zelda let's GO!!!

but isn't Ness Omnipresent through time too making him greater than immeasureable?

Ness is one with Space and Time, yes.

So that means he is greater than immeasureable, because as someone immeasureable can instantly go into any place in space-time, someone Omnipresent is everywhere in space-time

The Smashor said:
Eight is the same throughout his game, so we should assume endgame.
Upon further inspection, this doesn't seem to make sense. As Ness is featured in his Pre-Magicant form as that is the only thing that makes sense, why wouldn't Eight?

Pulinno said:
Aren't Link (BOTW) and Zelda MFTL because of Flurry Rush?
Also, do in-tier differences matter in your tier list?
This is purely based on movement speed, also no they do not

Hey so im making a tier list of my own, and im honestly a bit stuck on the top tiers. On on hand, you have shulk, who is Multiverse+, and literally cannot be harmed by anyone. But on the other hand, you have one omnipresent being(Ness), and 3 immesurable beings(Sonic, Eight, Solo). so how would they be ranked?

Rtxthegamer said:
Hey so im making a tier list of my own, and im honestly a bit stuck on the top tiers. On on hand, you have shulk, who is Multiverse+, and literally cannot be harmed by anyone. But on the other hand, you have one omnipresent being(Ness), and 3 immesurable beings(Sonic, Eight, Solo). so how would they be ranked?
Honestly idk, Ness also has invulnerability via Fate hax, but, as I have already quoted from my dumb attempt at Toph vs Gaara, "a speed blitz does not secure victory if there is a large gap in AP" or something like that.

I mean, fate hax doesn't mean too much if you have literally no possible way of winning. (I think)

But that doesn't mean Ness can lose either.

Rtxthegamer said:
I mean, fate hax doesn't mean too much if you have literally no possible way of winning. (I think)

But that doesn't mean Ness can lose either.
To be fair, people are going to have to deal with TOTU reviving Ness everytime he dies or gets incapacitated. Not only that, but Truth is Omniscient, it could create a path for Ness where it leads to the best outcome. This can be said with Lucas as well and others that are protected by Truth. The idea people have is that Truth rewrites the opponents destiny so that they lose, which wouldn't work against say.. a person with type 2 Acausality, but when Ness dies it creates a new present where his defeat is undone so whether his opponent has type 2 or not should be irrelevant.

All right so I think it's like this:

Eight beats Solo and loses to everyone else since he gets AP stomped (or status'd by Ness) and can't do anything to Shulk even with his speed so Shulk can eventually Monado Purge.

Solo resists status but not Fate so most likely loses against Ness since Ness can hurt him (her?), gets AP stomped by Sonic, maybe durability negates against Shulk and wins like that because he has an infinite amount of time to figure it out.

Sonic resists status with optional equipment but Ness can probably keep trying because of Fate hax so he loses to Ness, Sonic BFR's Shulk since he has an infinite amount of time to figure it out.

Shulk wins against Ness cause he resists fate and status so Ness can't do anything.

So by wins-losses-incons:

Eight: 1-3-0

Solo: 2-2-0

Sonic: 3-1-0

Shulk: 2-2-0

Ness: 3-1-0

So both Ness and Sonic on top of the list.

Edit: got ninja'd by TheQuirkyBoy talking about the truth so lemme guess Shulk incons against Ness now, resulting in Ness winning?

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that they would have to have the range to affect Ness.

As for Shulk, I don't think Type 2 Acausality should prevent fate hax from happening (as said above) but he could probably beat Ness if not stalemates agai

Well Shulk's got existence erasure so he just erases the Truth OvO.

Also didn't the Fire Emblem guys get a massive boost too? (I assume none of the Smash fighters got affected then?)

Back