• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Official Smash Ultimate tier list

Time to bring this back.

And I'm considering hax

OrFuTcS

I consider every character to start at their strongest form that they've actually reached. That means I didn't include Power Stars for most Mario Characters as they never use them in canon. Same with the Pure Hearts and Luigi. I used Composite characters, meaning the Links don't really fit into the list. The rest are either the same character as someone else (ZSS and Dr. Mario) or are boarderline smash origional (Mii Fighters and R.O.B.) Now for a dedicated explanation for each tier.

F: Alph should be obvious. He dosn't have the tier 4 spaceship that Olimar has and is just a little guy with plant things. I put Duck Hunt over Wii Fit since WFT dosn't actively fight and Duck Hunt also has the duck and the hunter.

E: I scaled Isabelle to Villager. Little Mac has way more experience and Pirahna Plant (Who I scalled to Goomba) has way more abilities. Villager is the absolute god of E tier since, due to timehax, he can defeat anyone below him. But he can't touch anyone above him, so this is the highest he can go even if only a small amount of poeple above him can actualy kill him.

D: Tier 8. Mostly in order of AP. Roy is way more skilled than Ice Climbers, Pichu has better abilities than Roy, Game and Watch wins with AP, Pac-Man does a hecking AP, Snake does this more so and the early stage Pokemon can be more or less interchangeable

C: Tier 7. Anime Falcon was used and is way weaker than Ivysaur and lacks any hax to make up for this. Ryu and Ken could be before or after Ivysaur, but Ryu is definately over Ken thanks to transformations. Inkling regens from everything, Corrin literally uses Inkling's main weakness, Lucas is lucky while the rest of the Pokemon (And Red) AP stomp him to the point where luck is irrelivant.

B: The four fire emblem characters other than Ike are probably interchangeable. Ike has great AP and Powernull. Olimar beats Ike by being far away. The Spacies are far more skilled with their Arwings then Olimar could hope to combat even with an AP advantage and, more importantly, could actually hit Olimar. Mega Man beats the Spacies For reasons below. Mewtwo vs Mega Man is a debate for another time.

A: Honestly Mewtwo probably could have fit here since most Mario characters don't resist mindhax. Also I scaled K Rool to Mario characters since he appears in some sports games with them. Ridley beats Luigi because Phazon, B*tch. Hylia and Bayo can pretty easily combat that sort of thing at least on Ridley's level.

AA: Link and Ganon are respectable, but it's generally agreed that Cloud beats them, espesially with speed unequalized. BJ AP stomps Cloud with mechs powered by Power Stars. I honestly don't know why I put the Kid Icarus characters over BJ, just pretend I didn't because I'm too lazy to do all that again. Samus is Haxxed and 3-B while Kirby characters are from the Kirby Franchise. Empathetic hax.

AAA: Rosalina and Shulk don't have many powers compared to everyone else. Richter is just better Simon. Ness and Joker just do Ness and Joker things and Super Sonic AP stomps everyone.

S: Mario 2-Bs. Pretty obvious.

X: This is the interesting one. See, only three characters in Smash Bros can beat Dark Samus. Samus (Obviously), Simon and Richter. Simon and Richter deal with stuff like DS on a daily basis. But, Dark Samus can beat literally everyone or at least tie them with regen. Her Mindhax was going to effect 4-D beings, far above Kirby, Sonic etc...'s pay grade for resistance. When only three characters in the entire meta can beat you (One of which has an almost even matchup with you) and you casially stomp most of the top tiers, that's god tier material.

so just a question about pirahna plant which version of the plant are we using are we just using the basic pipe plant or are we going to use the version smash does which is composite pirahna plant

Banjo and Hero were announced, so... wich version of the Hero should be used? (there isn't a profile for the DQ XI protagonist anyway)

Banjo should be around the Miis, and Hero would go from 6-A to 2-C

Someone messed with the tier list... and I have no idea who... i have to do everything all over again :(

Will be sure to do so. I am using the strongest version of a character unless it's clear that it is not that version (like with Pikachu not using Raichu's key) and, since Toon Link's Classic Mode route references TH, I used ALBW link. Haven't got to Sonic yet though

Ness should obviously be up in top tier since he incon against Dreamy Bowser and has Fate hax.

The Low 2-C's Will have a bad time going up against Nuss though, right? (Besides Shulk) Previously, Ness stomped Joker and iirc never went up against the Belmont's.

And where would Lucas go with his fate hax?

SuperKamiNappa said:
If you're using Anime Lucario you should also use Anime Pikachu who is 7A+ or High 6A depending on the key.
I did (although I used pkmn 7 Lucario), while also using Ghostly Adventures Pac-Man, Archie Sonic, ALBW Toon Link, Future-Past Lucina, etc.

TheQuirkyBoy said:
Ness should obviously be up in top tier since he incon against Dreamy Bowser and has Fate hax.
And where would Lucas go with his fate hax?
I put Ness right below the Mario 2-B's as he should be stronger than Dreamy Bowser, however, the Pure Hearts are in a whole other level of 2-B. The Smashor put Lucas at tier 8 even with his hax

That seems reasonable I guess? I don't really see how they effectively put him down, but I would be fine with that.

Lucas would stomp/stalemate most characters if they don't resist Fate hax.

I didn't put Lucas at tier 8. I put him below Lucario because Fate Hax dosn't mean jack all if you can't kill your enemy.

I was going to see who could resist his fate hax, but then I realised that it'd be better to put him in a "hax tier" along with Kirby and Dark Samus

The Smashor said:
Fate Hax dosn't mean jack all if you can't kill your enemy.
that fate hax is being protected by a being who can completely ignore both Giygas and the Dark Drago, while also having Low Multiversal AP and "Controls a "universal system", of which selects 'Chosen ones' when the universe is in danger to save it. They are 'destined' to defeat the evil that presents the danger, in any way possible"

There seems to be a permission error which is making it impossible to upload images of the tier list. Does anyone know how to help?

@Smashor is optional equipment restricted? Otherwise Luigi uses a catch card and seals everyone (or whatever the efffect of the soul manipulation currently listed on his page is) that he's faster than. Same for Dreamland peeps with empathic manipulation + outspeeding the Mushroom Kingdom peeps. And pretty sure Ness outspeeds and paralyses everyone (except some Hero) at the same time (maybe not Dark Samus) + fate hax gg.

Greenshifter said:
Same for Dreamland peeps with empathic manipulation + outspeeding the Mushroom Kingdom peeps. And pretty sure Ness outspeeds and paralyses everyone (except some Hero) at the same time (maybe not Dark Samus) + fate hax gg.
1. Speed blitz doesn't always matter, as is seen in Gaara vs Toph (although Ness is MUCH more extreme). 2. In my tier list, with pretty much the same structure as The Smashor's (although I did consider hypothetical stuff like pure hearts Luigi), I put Ness right below the mushroom peeps as they have a pretty huge AP advantage.

Speed blitz doesn't matter if you don't have a way to ignore durability, but most top tiers have several ways to ignore durability. Flash is probably the best example of this where his matches against low-2C's who are infinitely stronger than him are deemed a stomp in his favor due to durability negating techniques.

IMO I'd put Ness around the same level as the 2-B's if we consider hax (as he managed to incon against Dreamy Bowser), but being below them also could makes sense.

TheQuirkyBoy said:
IMO I'd put Ness around the same level as the 2-B's if we consider hax (as he managed to incon against Dreamy Bowser), but being below them also could makes sense.
The specific order I put the top tiers (besides hax like DS) in was: Archie Sonic > Bowser (more options) > Mario = or > Peach > Luigi > Ness > joker i think (i'm out of my house so I can't see the list)

The specific order I put the top tiers (besides hax like DS) in was: Archie Sonic > Bowser (more options) > Mario = or > Peach > Luigi > Ness > joker i think (i'm out of my house so I can't see the list)

Wait Archie Sonic is included in this? Why?

@Kriskirby your top tiers (except Sonic who no longer has infinite speed) seem to be mostly how they would be in a list that combines speed, AP and hax because of durability negating moves by said top tiers.

TheQuirkyBoy said:
Wait Archie Sonic is included in this? Why?
Well, since I'm already not using the Smash versions (like oot young link), I decided to take some liberties, like using Pokemon 7 Lucario, Ghostly Adventures Pacman and, as I showed, Archie Sonic. It may be dumb but I'll make a version without it if it's needed

TheQuirkyBoy said:
Also i wanted to be bias to my main (lucario) and have them as top tier but it'd be unfair for it to just be lucario and not everyone else

ChocomilkAlex said:
Luminary is immeasurable? Damn.
Solo and Eight are Immeasurable, and Erdrick is Massively Hypersonic+. Put 'im up there because Luminary unfortunately doesn't have a profile.

though with Acceleratle he's now faster than Sonic lol

Back