• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Official Smash Ultimate Tier List/Discussion Melee (#2)

I don't think Pikachu, Jiggly, or Squirtle have anything that ignores durability. Sleep manipulation maybe

EDIT: Jigglypuff has Perish Song, though I don't know if that would count as a win since it's a suicide attack

Last edited:
Jyggs also has Disable, which could be useful in a few select cases, but most of them don't even matter (they could stop Steve from punching for example but that doesn't do much anyways). Perish Song is probably their best bet but it'd constitute a draw (so inconclusive.) I just noticed Jygglypuff can incon anyone slower than them which is pretty good hax

4bbadca5063f0be1fcfe131fe71e0f5d.jpg

Also, Ness should be nuclear instead of 4-D, Tier 7 ness is being used for smash, not Truth of the Universe Ness
This is incorrect. Ness's trophy description in Brawl and Smash 4 implied he had already defeated Giygas and completed his journey. He should still remain in the 4D category. Oh yeah, and there's no such thing as "Truth of the Universe Ness", that event was just Ness awakening his full potential by absorbing a small portion of the Truth's powers. There's also the fact that his move set that we see in Smash bros aren't even his own, so how else would he know PSI he shouldn't know to begin with? It's pretty obvious that its Post game Ness.

Last edited:
Oh hey this thing, nice. Didn't know Cloud and Seph were Cosmic.
Also, I know Final Smashes aren't being taken into account but Zelda is partially based on her ALBW self, who has either one piece of the Triforce (beginning of the game) or the whole thing (at the very end). Iirc MP3 DS is at most High 5A, and maybe Lucas' hax can carry him into a higher tier?

Pyra included now
54c85da309f4cd12e5cf7fda9135624a.jpg
I can't believe you made that tier list just a few hours before Kid Icarus characters got downgraded to High 6-B lol, unfortunate timing.

Young Link shouldn't be listed under tectonic, it's his Ocarina of Time version so he's High 7-A and should be listed under nuclear instead. Also Mario characters have recently been upgraded and should now be listed under 4-D.

YL is a weird mix of OoT and MM, it's mostly the former but he does use the bow which is exclusive to Adult Link in OoT

Are they considered at their top or in their Smash incarnation in relation to it withint their series?

Because at their strongest Ryu stands in the Nuclear tier and Ken in the Urban one.

Are Mario Sports games considered canon for the purpose of powerscaling Daisy? Because outside of those I don't think she has any feats

I see, Bowser Jr is really weird though, iirc he himself has a Grand Star, shouldn't he automatically be Low-2-C?

I was thinking only what they have in smash counted and Bowser Jr clearly don't have the mech with Grand Star in Smash

Why are we acting like Mr. Game and Watch and the mii fighters have games outside of smash bros. Mr. Game and watch was created for smash to allow a game and watch "character" to have a moveset and using the old composite game and watch can't be used for him as composite game and watch isn't Mr. game and watch. The mii fighters can't scale to other mii games unless we scale them to all mii games as their purpose is to be an avatar across multiple games that aren't connected to each other. The point being we have to use Mr. Game and watch and the Mii fighters as the sole example of the characters.

Back