• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Official Smash Ultimate Tier List/Discussion Melee (#2)

WorLast list we had a tier list based on appearances in Smash, but has anyone got the tier list for all characters at thier maximum potential?

No, only the video game versions should be allowed. Alternate versions like that should be a seperate Tier List

SuperKamiNappa said:
That creates a huge problem for Captain Falcon since he doesn't actually have a key for his own games.
Actually he does, it just needs revising. It's High 7-C. Only characters like R.O.B who really have nothing from thier own game should realistically be allowed to scale abilities from Smash

The belt he won could do that...which was debunks in the very next scene iirc where the Gods state it was a lie or something. There should be a thread about it.

Does anyone saw the recent video from RelaxAlax where he does his own official tier list? It's kinda sad how he saw our profile for Richter Belmont and didn't believe him to be 4-A; should the profile show all the consistent evidence for that Matt showed in his CRT for the verse maybe things would have gone differently.

I still smile when I think of DK lifting a ship while standing on it and didn't know that before, so the video did its purpose as far as I can tell.

I mean some parts are kinda bad (putting sheik in at all, Byleth at E even though he uses god as an absolute term, etc)

Basically Shulk is God Tier. The next tier down is Joker, Ness, the Belmomts, DQ Protags, I guess Super Sonic, I guess Link with the Full Triforce, and... Maybe Kirby if those upgrades go through (but knowing this wiki they will).

After that, you have pretty much every Mario character sans maybe P Plant, Cloud, and (currently) Kirby characters.

Don't care to list the rest.

The main guys that are in SPM (Mario Weegee Bowser an Peach) are 2B.

Also if we can't scale ROB and GW from smash, imo GW is 11A

Pretty much, but Mario is actually above Joker, Ness (Until Earthbound's Revisions go through in which Ness gains 2-B Fate Hax), The Belmonts, and Dragon Quest Protags as the Mario crew are 2-B. Currently working on a tier list for it actually

Foxthefox1000 said:
Basically Shulk is God Tier. The next tier down is Joker, Ness, the Belmomts, DQ Protags, I guess Super Sonic, I guess Link with the Full Triforce, and... Maybe Kirby if those upgrades go through (but knowing this wiki they will).
After that, you have pretty much every Mario character sans maybe P Plant, Cloud, and (currently) Kirby characters.

Don't care to list the rest.
Petey Pirhana exists

Bware1 said:
Pretty much, but Mario is actually above Joker, Ness (Until Earthbound's Revisions go through in which Ness gains 2-B Fate Hax), The Belmonts, and Dragon Quest Protags as the Mario crew are 2-B. Currently working on a tier list for it actually
Wait is TotU getting buffed?

Yes, TotU is being upgraded to 2-B and as a result Ness will gain 2-B Fate Hax, among other stuff, but Ness' Tier will remain Low 2-C

Yeah and Lucas' hax will just destroy everyone below tier 2 that doesn't somehow have a 2B level of Fate hax resistance

Wait Lucas is getting upgraded too? That I did not know. So basically As far as tier lists go, so they should be on par with the Mario gang with thier 2-B rating

I should mention the possibility of Earthbound becoming Low 1-C as well. The only beings that would scale is TOTU, The Player, Ruffini the Dog, and The Dark Dragon. Should this go through, it'll likely position Ness and Lucas much higher. Not to mention, this technically gives Ness Low 1-C summoning.

Although, it is merely a possibility. A higher placement in 2-C and an upgrade to 2-B is more likely to happen.

Oh, Ness and Lucas upgrades? Now that is something I like to hear.

Anyways, I lied earlier. The only other characters I wanna say should be higher than most think are the Spacies. Starlink has black hole shit That's likely casually Tier 4 plus some other stuff and offers resistances to mental shit IIRC and in multiple game the SF characters can use weapons capable of harming their Landmasters and Arwings (as well as the enemies), multiple characters have survived their ships exploding, and the Sniper Rifle at least can completely vaporize Spacecraft in Assault that can keep up with the Arwings and damage them as well, a feat that's impressive for scaling, and even if you didn't buy it, the results for the vaporization would place them at a higher tier than where they are now.

Here is a finalized version of the Smash roster as they appear in Ultimate. This means they're tiered by the design/forms/weapons they use on the battlefield, while also taking character descriptions into consideration. Final Smashes are included but alts are not. I'll probably make one later that tiers them into their full potential (Monado III shulk, Pure Hearts Mario, ect.) and maybe a list with all iterations of all characters (Archie Sonic, Mega Man X)

33E6703B-CADC-411E-ADF8-E149423AEF54

Smash Brothers Cannon Tier List
This is a separate tier list primarily focused on AP and Hax with characters at their maximum potential. Speed being equalized, and using the cannon games as their only source for Tiering Placement. Any thoughts? S Tier: 3-A+ A Tier: 3-B-High 4-C B Tier: 5-A-High 7-A C Tier: 7-A-8-B D Tier: 9-A and Below

Bware1 said:
Roy was upgraded to High 6-A. Also why are Fox and Wolf High 6-A but Falco only 9-A?
Good catch, I missed Roy's sword

And I'm not sure why Falco doesn't have a High 6-A key, it seemed weird but that's how his profile was

I mean DS could probably fit in A tier, but I thought it would just be fitting to put it in flat out unknown territory simply because...well we don't know the extent of it's capabilities.

Kirby, MK and DDD are 2-B tho, I'm just not letting their profiles be at that level yet.

Don't give anyone ideas, also let's not forget P5: The Royal, P5: Scramble (If it's cannon) and Xenoblade Defentive Edition are gonna come out this year. So we'll wait and see if Joker's profile gets updated even more.

Back