• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Official Calculations Discussion Thread

Could anyone measure the size of the ice?
9fee21c10e4abbb39af14d6ca22ad26c.png

When doing ground explosions does it matter which P number we put in or can either work (and P is the shockwave pressure in bars, where we generally use 1.37895 bars or 20 psi of pressure.)

Can anyone measure the Striking Strength/AP of WoL's attacks here? The force of his punches create shock waves that cause vibrations in a bucket's water from far away. Timestamped:

Can anyone measure the Striking Strength/AP of WoL's attacks here? The force of his punches create shock waves that cause vibrations in a bucket's water from far away. Timestamped:
If there isn't a better shoot I don't think so. (Not what you asked but just in case that doesn't seem to be even City Block bc mag. IV earthquake and that wouldn't be considered one)

Actually kinda did it and it's like Small Building level.

Is there a formula for measuring the speed of something from the audible sonic boom it makes happening several seconds after it’s already passed by?

Wondering if the following FFXIV cutscene attacks can be calc'd;

Warrior of Light & Zeno's draw slashes causing a hole in the sky and large shock wave:

Warrior of Light punching a Sin-Eater + Shockwave upheaving the battlefield (this one may be the hardest)

Warrior of Light cleaving a Sin-Eater and parting the Flood of Light. For context, this involves parting aetherial light that reaches high into the mesosphere. I can also provide the circumfrence of the planet if need be. (the light itself has no documented durability afaik, so for the sake of a metric, i wanna say treat these as clouds? Sorry if this isn't helpful. )

Anyways thanks for your time!

Note: I'm heading to bed right now.

Is there a formula for measuring the speed of something from the audible sonic boom it makes happening several seconds after it’s already passed by?
Take my words here with a grain of salt, but I don't think it's possible.
Wondering if the following FFXIV cutscene attacks can be calc'd;
1. Yes 2. Maybe but I don't think it's worth the effort. 3. Yes.

I can prob do those if further information given. So if you want you can do it here or in my message wall (IDK if there's any chance of derailing the thread so just in case).

Is it possible to calculate the radius of a planet from its troposphere?

The troposphere of the planet in question extends to more than 1000km

What could be the density of a metal that is stated to possesses the tightest molecular bond of any conceivable substance? Is it possible to assume it?

All objects fall at the same speed.
That's only true in a vacuum.
How can I find the speed that a heavy object is traveling with gravity?
Assuming it's on earth, you can just use this calculator, it's the closest bet.
Like, a character making a sonic boom and passing another character 10,000 meters away a second after the boom happens, and that other character hearing the sonic boom 2 seconds later? Yeah, there is. Just want to make sure I'm correct in assuming thats the formula you want before typing it out.

Last edited:
Like if a large and heavy boulder rolls down a hill, or a train rolling downhill on train tracks. Or would it just be the same speed as gravity at 9.81 m/s?
No, in that case you could use a calculator like this, if you want to calculate its speed at a specific time, that's a bit different, but I could get a formula for you.
i would appreciate it, thanks
Sorry for the late reply, I'm unfortunately unable to calculate it as I can't find a heat of fusion value for the materials. Apologies.

Back