• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Official Calculations Discussion Thread

Class M does feel rather exagerrated though, like can an Orca's jaws really lift a ship? And I was wondering because of this example:
Well no, they'd end up biting through the hull before they could, and that weight would crush him, or the very least make them sink. I think it's like Homelander being able to lift an Airplane but not doing it because he'd just punch through it or flip it over with the force.

Well no, they'd end up biting through the hull before they could, and that weight would crush him, or the very least make them sink. I think it's like Homelander being able to lift an Airplane but not doing it because he'd just punch through it or flip it over with the force.
So Class M Dick Grayson?

If the pressure ("thousands" of atm) and speed (supersonic) of a water jet is known, can its energy be calculated?
Or, are these non-factors?
How do you calced an energy of a shockwave?
W = R^3*((27136*P+8649)^(1/2)/13568-93/13568)^2.
  • W = yield in Tons of TNT
  • R = radius in meters
  • P = pressure of the shock wave in bars (avg. 1.37895 bars)

Is there an amount of energy a black hole generates?
Not the energy needed to create it, but how much energy it emits

Anyone knows how to calc this feat?

Basically, the old man defeated 3 people before they could even react to him (As shown by the final knight who has just noticed the old man). I know I can calculate the distance, but what about the time or speed?

Basically, the old man defeated 3 people before they could even react to him (As shown by the final knight who has just noticed the old man). I know I can calculate the distance, but what about the time or speed?
You just use standard reaction speed 0.08s.

is it possible to calc or is there too little information?
A crewman stepped suddenly out of an alcove, aimed a disrupter point-blank at Carrion's chest, and pressed the stud. There was no time to dodge, and nowhere to go in the narrow corridor. Even Silence, with all his more than human speed and reflexes, couldn't do anything to stop what was happening. The disrupter's energy beam crossed the few feet between the crewman and Carrion in less than a second. And a blazing energy field radiated from Carrion's power lance and absorbed the disrupter blast without flinching

"No time to dodge"- Not a speed feat for the guy getting shot.

"More than human"- No calc possible, no calc necessary, Superhuman.

"Few feet between the crewman in Carrion in less than a second"- Below Average Human, a few feet in less than a second is not fast at all.

How should I calculate this?
aYzSlma.jpeg

Hello. I have a problem. I calculated this feat, but TheRustyOne said that my method was wrong (which I honestly don't agree with, but ok). And in order to calculate it correctly, I kind of need to find the speed due to which Jack, with his rotation, could hang in the air, resisting gravity. I'm sure the result will be incredible, considering that Jack's body is absolutely terrible for flying through swings, and even more so through himself.

Are there ways to calculate this feat?

Hey 👋I tried to follow the footsteps of this calculation (I'm an inexperienced newcomer to calculating) and I'm not following how DT got his numbers. For his Cold Climate calculation, used the following equation to get the cubic centimeters:
1/3*pi*1200^2*1200 = 1.8095573684677209054e9 m^3 = 1.8095573684677209e15 cm^3
When I put this into my calculator, I get this number:
1809557368.4677209053544825887689936612975695740400609528815680851693022500208563832097480593970594311577172978316506086287260544951011353654738070190820051236513636431563165881568023553028185980399
How.

When I previously used Online Arbitrary Precision Calculator (Currently, it isn't working), I was able to somewhat get the same product as DT (I got 1.81e9), but I don't know how he got "e15." I multiplied 1.80(...) m^3 by 100, but I got 11. What am I doing wrong?

Hey 👋I tried to follow the footsteps of this calculation (I'm an inexperienced newcomer to calculating) and I'm not following how DT got his numbers. For his Cold Climate calculation, used the following equation to get the cubic centimeters:

How.

When I previously used Online Arbitrary Precision Calculator (Currently, it isn't working), I was able to somewhat get the same product as DT (I got 1.81e9), but I don't know how he got "e15." I multiplied 1.80(...) m^3 by 100, but I got 11. What am I doing wrong?
1m^3 = a volume of 1m x 1m x 1m.
1m = 100cm
1m^3 = a volume of 100cm x 100cm x 100cm = 1e6cm
so 1.81e9 m^3 = 1.81e9 * 1e6 cm^3 = 1.81e15 cm^3.

How to calc the KE of someone moving the moon like this?
Like, should I just use pixel scaling to calc the distance or should I also consider the rotation that the moon peform around the world?

How.

Maybe try Excel or Google Sheets instead

Hello, Any speed formula for feats like this?
54ea6318f5a6bbd2adcc72184ac9a305.png
The most I could offer is if this feat is treated as like, exceedingly fast, you can pixel scale all the orange lines (presumably movements/attacks thrown), and divide it by like average human perception speed (The assertion is basically their movements are too fast for us viewers to perceive, and thus we see blurs). Which would prolly give like Subsonic+ results at best methinks.

If it's not treated as anything too fast, you're prolly out of luck.

Back