• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Official Calculations Discussion Thread

latest

I think it would count as Violent fragmentation, wait I'm dumb... Didn't read the texts, yee it would but would require some more support I think

Not gonna lie I feel like Vegeta is bullshiting there. Dabura contradicts this later and Frieza being able to nuke a planet is supposed to be a big deal.

Turning something to ashes is definitely not violent fragmentation, it's pulverization at minimum
No you need to account for the change in temperature, you can't lowball it like that.

Not to mention you can't use standard destruction values on planets like Earth anyway, because of its internal structure being mostly molten. Even reducing to ashes and vaporization via the normal ways are kinda out of the book because you'd need a massive amount of geology knowledge to be able to figure that out.

Not necessarily a calc but what's the approximate yield for something being as bright as a supernova

Working on the assumption that the statement is literal

The luminosity of a Type 1a supernova is 1e+43 erg/s, which is 1e+36 Watts, or 1e+36 Joules/second

So just multiply that by how many seconds the thing's brightness lasts for to get a result in Joules

Not to mention you can't use standard destruction values on planets like Earth anyway, because of its internal structure being mostly molten. Even reducing to ashes and vaporization via the normal ways are kinda out of the book because you'd need a massive amount of geology knowledge to be able to figure that out.
Well, what should be done then?

Just go with GBE being overcome, it'd be pretty weird to see a planet turned to ashes only to then reform under its own gravity, but if you're reducing it to ashes smaller than a fistful, it's not coming back, it's gone for good.

Just go with GBE being overcome, it'd be pretty weird to see a planet turned to ashes only to then reform under its own gravity, but if you're reducing it to ashes smaller than a fistful, it's not coming back, it's gone for good.
Vegeta is 4-B then since the Earth of Dragon Ball is the same as the Earth from Dr. Slump

If a character is in space and is being pulled by the gravitational binding energy to the planet and survives the fall, creating a huge crater in the process, is this able to be calculated?

Also another question. Basically we have mc who was drained to 50% of his strength and was fighting against a woman who was reduced to 30% of her strength. Since Mc is at 50% (204.63 Gigatons) and the woman is at 30%, that makes her (682.10 Gigatons). But this is where the problem happens. The Narrative of the stories power levels does not support this, as the woman should be far stronger than this.

Yang Kai's full power is equal to 409.26 Gigatons, which scales to Peak Third Order Saints. Using previous information, each order should be a 2x increase in strength. The Woman is a Third Order Saint King which is a a full Great Realm higher, but the increase in strength here is unknown. But that still includes, First Order Saint King and Second Order Saint King. So the strength increase should be far above what is being proposed here, since it isn't even double. The reason for this issue is because Yang Kai at full power is not equal to 409.26 Gigatons, but much higher. After all, he's capable of 1 shotting people who scale to this value at a much earlier time than when the feat happened, and he's gotten a lot stronger since then.

So what should I do? Since just going with the safest option contradicts the power of the narrative, is there anything I can do to make the values more accurate?

Also another question. Basically we have mc who was drained to 50% of his strength and was fighting against a woman who was reduced to 30% of her strength. Since Mc is at 50% (204.63 Gigatons) and the woman is at 30%, that makes her (682.10 Gigatons). But this is where the problem happens. The Narrative of the stories power levels does not support this, as the woman should be far stronger than this.

Yang Kai's full power is equal to 409.26 Gigatons, which scales to Peak Third Order Saints. Using previous information, each order should be a 2x increase in strength. The Woman is a Third Order Saint King which is a a full Great Realm higher, but the increase in strength here is unknown. But that still includes, First Order Saint King and Second Order Saint King. So the strength increase should be far above what is being proposed here, since it isn't even double. The reason for this issue is because Yang Kai at full power is not equal to 409.26 Gigatons, but much higher. After all, he's capable of 1 shotting people who scale to this value at a much earlier time than when the feat happened, and he's gotten a lot stronger since then.

So what should I do? Since just going with the safest option contradicts the power of the narrative, is there anything I can do to make the values more accurate?
Percent scaling in fiction is rarely linear in order to make percent increases mean anything
Meaning characters can be equal to x character who scales to say 20 tons at 50% yet can match a character at full power who scales to 1000 tons
Just scale MC to 2x 682 gigatons at full power and be done with it

Deku's profile is a good example of non-linear percent increases

Percent scaling in fiction is rarely linear in order to make percent increases mean anything
Meaning characters can be equal to x character who scales to say 20 tons at 50% yet can match a character at full power who scales to 1000 tons
Just scale MC to 2x 682 gigatons at full power and be done with it

So it would be alright If I scale MC to 809.26 Gigatons at full power even without a stated multiplier? I don't want to have a downgrade thread in the future

How do you calculate the AP needed to evaporate all of the water from the Earth?
find mass of all water on earth (consistently about 1.4e21 kg)
find average temperature of all water (says 3.5 C here)
change in temperature = 100 - 3.5 = 96.5
energy for temperature change -> Q1 = mcT (m is mass, c is specific heat capacity of water [which is 4184 J/kg] and T is change in temperature)
Q1 = 5.652584e26 J, not done yet tho
water's latent heat of vaporization is 2260000 J/kg
Q2 = mL (m is mass, L is latent heat of vaporization)
Q2 = 3.164e27 J
total = Q1 + Q2 = 3.7292584e27 J or 891.3 Petatons, High 6-A

kaiju no. 8 profiles are another good example i can remember off the top of my head
if using a higher percentage directly correlates to a higher AP but it has no feats of its own, it's usually just listed as "higher with [x]%"

Back