• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Official Calculations Discussion Thread

Honestly, may just do that if I can't properly calculate the mass.

Prolly gonna get shitty results but oh well ig 😭

How much would you get it you freeze all traffic system in street?

Hey, hey, fanta here! I got a question regarding calc-stacking... Essentially, I have a speed/reaction feat that has a character reacting to a energy beam that I want to calc, however, well...

I am a bit lazy since the speed of the beam itself has been calced (by another person) and it happens right around the same time and same scene in where I mentioned I have a feat for a character reacting to it.

If I use this calc, would this count as calc-stacking? And if it does, do I have to make my own calc regarding the speed of the beam?

Hey, hey, fanta here! I got a question regarding calc-stacking... Essentially, I have a speed/reaction feat that has a character reacting to a energy beam that I want to calc, however, well...

I am a bit lazy since the speed of the beam itself has been calced (by another person) and it happens right around the same time and same scene in where I mentioned I have a feat for a character reacting to it.

If I use this calc, would this count as calc-stacking? And if it does, do I have to make my own calc regarding the speed of the beam?
If the person reacted to the same exact projectile that had its speed calc'd, then it's fine to calc the dodge based on its speed as noted on the calc-stacking page. It's an exception. If it takes place in the same scene but is a separate attack from the one calc'd, then yes, it would be calc stacking.

Yo, I have a very dumb question. Basically, I have a feat in where a character - no joke - used a power that physically moves stars to remove all of them (or at least the ones that the human eye can see) to make a dark sky without any stars (on Earth, and yes, I want to repeat that I mean star with an S at the end to indicate multiple stars). This feat is not a hyperbole feat and it has been stated specifically that stars are physically moved with this power...

So... The question now is... Would this be a feat that I can make a user blog calc for or nah and it would just be easier for me to just use this as a way to assume baseline 4-C/4-B (Idk) for the character who did this?

Yo, I have a very dumb question. Basically, I have a feat in where a character - no joke - used a power that physically moves stars to remove all of them (or at least the ones that the human eye can see) to make a dark sky without any stars (on Earth, and yes, I want to repeat that I mean star with an S at the end to indicate multiple stars). This feat is not a hyperbole feat and it has been stated specifically that stars are physically moved with this power...

So... The question now is... Would this be a feat that I can make a user blog calc for or nah and it would just be easier for me to just use this as a way to assume baseline 4-C/4-B (Idk) for the character who did this?
If the timeframe to do it was within seconds that's easily entering FTL KE territory so you might as well default to the "blows up a starry sky" calc.

Hm. Essentially, this star feat of mine was said to be done in a span of a moment, so... One second? But probably best to use five as it is a safe low-ball?

How do you calc something that is not cut but simply broke in two?
Just find the volume of the destroyed portion (It would have the same radius or length and width, but the thickness AKA the width of the crackline of the portion destroyed would be very, very thin), and just use frag or v. frag depending on the severity of the destruction. Wields pitifully low results but it's the best you can do TBF.

How do you find the volume of the destroyed portion in the example I gave? The thing is just broke in two.
Width of the hand when it's vertical is prolly your best bet given the uneven-ness of the crack. If all else fails, assume the crack width to be at least 1 cm.

Is there any reason behind that centimeter, or is it just a default value?
Normally a default value assuming the breaking in half wasn't made by a sword or similar, in which case the crack line would be much, much narrower and would relate to blade-edge width.

Find the area in m^2, then find the MPa, turn that into shear force, multiply them together, then multiply that by the diameter. That's your answer in joules
Not quite.

You find the length and width of the affected portion, find the crack width, then you multiply it with the various destruction values depending on the severity of the destruction.

Cutting feats replace crack width with the blade edge if they are perfect cuts, and automatically default to pulverization.

So, I got a weird question. Basically, I have this feat that has this character telekinetically lift a 40km (in radius) mass of land (that is mainly made out of rock) to turn it into a floating fortress with this mass of land having buildings, railway with underground and aboveground systems to get around the place, and so forth in preparation for this feat....

I got a complete pic of this floating fortress, so do I just need to get its m^3 and multiply it by the density of rock's kg/m^3 value to get its mass? Additionally, is there any idea on how to account for this floating fortress's hollowness, or should I not bother?

So, I got a weird question. Basically, I have this feat that has this character telekinetically lift a 40km (in radius) mass of land (that is mainly made out of rock) to turn it into a floating fortress with this mass of land having buildings, railway with underground and aboveground systems to get around the place, and so forth in preparation for this feat....

I got a complete pic of this floating fortress, so do I just need to get its m^3 and multiply it by the density of rock's kg/m^3 value to get its mass? Additionally, is there any idea on how to account for this floating fortress's hollowness, or should I not bother?
I personally wouldn't bother with the buildings. Getting the mass of the landmass alone would get you 90% of your result.

Back