• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well yeah, but time is usually grouped together with space. Not lumped as it’s own dimension you can physically go to. Hello, time dimension, ground floor!
Is this a joke or are you really this stupid to believe what you just said? I sure hope it's the former since I feel like a lost brain cells from reading this

Is this a joke or are you really this stupid to believe what you just said? I sure hope it's the former since I feel like a lost brain cells from reading this
Well, no, literally one of the arguments is that Sonic went to the dimension of time to fight the Time Eater, which doesn’t make sense, time is not a dimension with space to move around in.

Well, no, literally one of the arguments is that Sonic went to the dimension of time to fight the Time Eater, which doesn’t make sense, time is not a dimension with space to move around in.
He did not went to the "dimension of time". That's just you saying that. He actually went to fight the time eater as Super Sonic AT the end of time, meaning this was an era rather than a location. If you can't understand that, this isn't my problem.

Besides, since you fail to link into anything other than coming with headcanon constantly, it comes into a situation of "my word vs your word", and since I (and other people that argue for Immeasurable) brought proof from the guide, our word holds more value than yours on the matter as of now

You say that time is not a dimension because you can't move in it (except you literally do. All the time in fact. This is also why Time Dilation is a thing), while not realizing what a stupid thing it is to say. For someone that tries to debunk stuff like this, it's clear you don't even understand what you're talking about

Dimension of time being used as an argument right here.
And you also failed to understand Laser's argument. He doesn't fly to a "dimension" called time (meaning it is NOT a different universe), but rather than they're flying through the time dimension. You know what Immeasurable beings can do? They can fly through time and move in it as freely as they move through space

So like Sonic traveling to a different dimension you’re arguing is him traveling through the time dimension, saying that traveling through time is equivalent to going to another dimension, but dimension not meaning parallel universe in this case.

What?
People argued that alternate timelines weren’t dimensions but now apparently they are?
Did you even read what I just said? Read the definiton to dimension before you come back here. If you think flying through time means they are going to another universe then you're a lost cause. Instead of arguing from incredulity, admit that you and the people giving you arguments don't understand anything regarding this topic and stop arguing on things you have no knowledge about

No, I understand. You said another dimension means another universe, and then you also say another dimension in this context means traveling through time. Make up your damn mind.

Did you even read what I just said? Read the definiton to dimension before you come back here. If you think flying through time means they are going to another universe then you're a lost cause. Instead of arguing from incredulity, admit that you and the people giving you arguments don't understand anything regarding this topic and stop arguing on things you have no knowledge about
At this point, it's no use arguing with him - the only Sonic game JJ has even played is Forces.

I’m just getting mixed messages here:
People say alternate dimension in this context means universe, in which case the fight taking place across dimensions doesn’t help immeasurable speed. But then other people say they got to the other dimension by traveling through time.

Can’t be both.

Dimension more scientifically isn't used to denote to a parallel universe, even the vs wiki admits this. However, verse's in fiction commonly use it to denote such a thing. However, it's clearly a case by case basis thing. It even varies in what it denotes in Sonic. Sometimes it refers to a parallel universe, sometimes it refers to actual dimensions, such as the 1'st, 2'nd, and 3'rd dimension.

My argument was that the Dimension Sonic was traveling through was the FOURTH DIMENSION. AKA a Temporal Dimension. Which just means it's a Dimension of time. He's traveling through the universe's axis of time rather than the 3'rd dimension of space, where Tails and the others are. Which is why Tails states Sonic's specifically in another dimension when traveling through the timestream. Simply put, he's traveling through time to the end of time. From there, they begin their fight their flying throughout it.

Dimension in this context does not refer to a Universe. That is what I have been saying this entire time. The temporal dimension they entered via speed is how they got to the end of time. This is what Immeasurable speed enables.

So it’s either, the entire arena starting from when the Sonics entered the portal is the end of time, Sonic traveled to the end of time to start fighting TE, or Sonic used speed to cross the timestream while fighting TE.

It’s still a bit vague on the specifics of the arena for my liking, but since 2/3 of the possible explanations lead to immeasurable, and the third also has an immeasurable argument of Sonic accelerating through the time he fixed within WS to get to the portal.

I guess I can accept it.

I’m just getting mixed messages here:
People say alternate dimension in this context means universe, in which case the fight taking place across dimensions doesn’t help immeasurable speed. But then other people say they got to the other dimension by traveling through time.

Can’t be both.
Alternate dimensions in the context of characters such as Blaze & Marine means another universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back