• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we really arguing headcanon from semantics? The Encyclopedia clearly say they flew to the end of time to fight the Time Eater. They weren't there before so they had to fly through time to get there
When did it they full on flew to it? All it said was they flew through it. Saying that they flew to it is as headcanon as saying they were already there.

Not only that, but the background where you fight Time Eater is the exact same as the one in cutscene right before the fight, which only fuels the idea that they already were at the end of time.

well the original game guide for generations calls the area "Stream" as in like time stream
This would solve the problem most and would stop unnecessary contention to the content presented.
but the background where you fight Time Eater is the exact same as the one in cutscene right before the fight
The cutscene is right before they enter the timestream by simply flying to the way. (Also this is further proved by the fact that the more the Supers fly, they have access to broken pieces of different timelines / dimensions by simply moving, and a statement from Tails supporting that)
Notice the statement is targetted in regards to both Supers flying to the end of time, if the Time Eater's Lair was actually the end of time, then the guide's statement would be ambigous if they were already there, hence the headcanon which directly points the contradiction in your argument as well.

You know what? Forget it. It's obvious I'm not going to convince anyone here on this and this is kinda getting tiring to me, so I'm wiping my hands clean of this. Just know that I highly disagree with it.

I don’t think them saying they flew through the end of time automatically should equate to “they only reached the end of time after the fight started”, the end of time could just be a general location the entire arena occupied, which contains multiple dimensions, and the quotes would remain true.

Although I guess you raise a good point, since when characters time traveled in ‘06 that supposedly sent them to a new timeline. Are you implying that’s what’s happening here? That Sonic went to a different dimension by traveling to the end of time?
You completely missed my point. I'm not saying the statement alone proves it, but the statement with supplemented context makes it clear they weren't there to begin with. It states they fly through the end of time which refers specifically to the Super Forms. I don't recall Base Sonic ever flying. In addition, it's stated the fight takes place in a different dimension as explained in the OP. The dimension they're in is SEPERATE from Time Eater's "lair" meaning where Sonic started the cutscene isn't the end of time, it's the timestream sonic flew through via speed. The only conclusion that can be drawn is that Sonic started the fight in Time Eater's "lair", became Super Sonic, and flew to the end of time, which as Tails is noted to be a different dimension (A temporal one, AKA time, as he is traveling through time).

Last edited:
Yeah, shame they don’t fly the whole way through the tunnel.

You completely missed my point. I'm not saying the statement alone proves it, but the statement with supplemented context makes it clear they weren't there to begin with. It states they fly through the end of time which refers specifically to the Super Forms. I don't recall Base Sonic ever flying. In addition, it's stated the fight takes place in a different dimension as explained in the OP. The dimension they're in is SEPERATE from Time Eater's "lair" meaning where Sonic started the cutscene isn't the end of time, it's the timestream sonic flew through via speed. The only conclusion that can be drawn is that Sonic started the fight in Time Eater's "lair", became Super Sonic, and flew to the end of time, which as Tails is noted to be a different dimension (A temporal one, AKA time, as he is traveling through time).
I really don’t see how the context adds anything, it just says the Super Sonics flew through the end of time. It doesn’t say “the Super Sonics flew to the end of time” to confront TE. And, different dimensions can occupy the same general point in time, so it just being a different dimension isn’t enough I think.

And I’m pretty sure Tails meant more just, a parallel dimension, rather than time existing as a dimensional element in a hierarchy. Unless you’re trying to say that Sonic time traveling put him in a new dimension, which makes sense with prior knowledge on the series, but I’m still not sure if that’s your intent.

Part of me also feels it’s a bit sketchy to use game guides as evidence, since other verses like Mario were downgraded because their evidence was based on game guides. I get it isn’t contradictory, but it still introduces new elements that could have just been made for this book and SEGA let by because it was an innocuous detail.

Yeah, shame they don’t fly the whole way through the tunnel.
I don't know if this is sarcasm or pure stupidity, so I'm just gonna assume it's the latter.
I really don’t see how the context adds anything, it just says the Super Sonics flew through the end of time. It doesn’t say “the Super Sonics flew to the end of time” to confront TE. And, different dimensions can occupy the same general point in time, so it just being a different dimension isn’t enough I think.

And I’m pretty sure Tails meant more just, a parallel dimension, rather than time existing as a dimensional element in a hierarchy. Unless you’re trying to say that Sonic time traveling put him in a new dimension, which makes sense with prior knowledge on the series, but I’m still not sure if that’s your intent.

Part of me also feels it’s a bit sketchy to use game guides as evidence, since other verses like Mario were downgraded because their evidence was based on game guides. I get it isn’t contradictory, but it still introduces new elements that could have just been made for this book and SEGA let by because it was an innocuous detail.
Time travelling creates different TIMELINES, not different DIMENSIONS.

I don't know if this is sarcasm or pure stupidity, so I'm just gonna assume it's the latter.

Time travelling creates different TIMELINES, not different DIMENSIONS.
Timelines are dimensions.

And, uh, no, they don’t fly through the whole infinite tunnel. It being infinite or a timestream is also only in this guide so, dunno.

And, uh, no, they don’t fly through the whole infinite tunnel. It being infinite or a timestream is also only in this guide so, dunno.
You do realize that even if they fly through a single second in time this alone is immeasurable? They don't need to fly through the whole tunnel for the feat to be valid

Besides, even using your headcanon, you said that the "end of time" is when the tunnel is, yet now you claim it isn't since we debunked you? Pick a lane and stay on it since it can't be both ways.

You're gonna need more than headcanon interpertarions and arguing from sematics to debunk this man

6jx332.jpg

Timelines are parallel universes. Not dimensions. What kind of drugs you have to be on to say shit like "Timelines are dimensions," I have no freaking clue.

Besides, even using your headcanon, you said that the "end of time" is when the tunnel is, yet now you claim it isn't since we debunked you? Pick a lane and stay on it since it can't be both ways.

You're gonna need more than headcanon interpertarions and arguing from sematics to debunk this man
What I said was the tunnel was in the TE’s arena, which could just be in the end of time, along with multiple parallel dimensions.

But it makes sense with the premise of many worlds, if each timeline existed as it’s own dimension in the cosmology.

But it makes sense with the premise of many worlds, if each timeline existed as it’s own dimension in the cosmology.
No, it freaking doesn't make sense. OK, granted, it would make sense if you're talking about Blaze & Marine, who are ACTUALLY FROM ANOTHER DIMENSION, but if you're talking about Classic Sonic, who is from the PAST (i.e. Sonic 1 to Sonic Mania), then no: it doesn't make sense.

I mean, there’s no solid proof the characters flew to the end of time as Super forms in anything outside the game guide, other than you interpreting the wording as such. It just says they flew through the end of time, the end of time that a bunch of base form characters seemingly got too.

In fact, the TE boss fight being at the end of time directly contradicts them fighting throughout the time stream, since they would already be at the end of that time stream to start with.

I mean, there’s no solid proof the characters flew to the end of time as Super forms in anything outside the game guide, other than you interpreting the wording as such. It just says they flew through the end of time, the end of time that a bunch of base form characters seemingly got too.
*got to, number 1. Number 2, the base form characters didn’t follow the two Super Sonics: they just used communication devices Tails used to talk to the Sonics.
In fact, the TE boss fight being at the end of time directly contradicts them fighting throughout the time stream, since they would already be at the end of that time stream to start with.
So in trying to prove us wrong, you indirectly proved us right.

Why are people still entertraining JJ? At the end of the day HIS argument boils down to his word versus ours, and unlike him we actually provided evidence for our claims. Unless he brings proof his word means nothing.

Reactions: JED
No, I just said the fight could take place at the end of time starting from when the Sonics entered the portal, and the TE fight could take place in another dimension in the greater end of time location. Which is just as valid a point as the alternative

No, I just said the fight could take place at the end of time starting from when the Sonics entered the portal, and the TE fight could take place in another dimension in the greater end of time location. Which is just as valid a point as the alternative
As long as you don't bring proof, none of your points are valid

Why are people still entertraining JJ? At the end of the day HIS argument boils down to his word versus ours, and unlike him we actually provided evidence for our claims. Unless he brings proof his word means nothing.
🗿no they aren’t. And like I said, they are literally flying through time with the tunnel included 🗿
Bruh... is this what people call getting "jumped?" Sheesh!

Overall after spending some time reading the OP and CRT twice, I can't say I disagree with addtions (and removals, RIP Chronicles equipment I will miss the support Chao the most) however I'm still a little iffy on the paralysis inducement but it's meh for me either way.

Overall good job Sonic scholars!

Also the 69th reply is mine, I can now say my role is fulfilled and leave happy before I fully get consumed by the shocking singularity that is known as Sonic CRTs.

Where is your proof the characters only reach the end of time while fighting TE? It’s just based on an alternate interpretation of the wording in the book, just like what I’m saying.

We don’t even know how the characters got to the end of time. They could have CC’d off screen and invalidate the whole thing.

Last edited:
Where is your proof the characters only reach the end of time while fighting TE? It’s just based on an alternate interpretation of the wording in the book, just like what I’m saying.
Because they weren't in the end of time before, and got to that point when they went to fight the time eater. The Encyclopedia also directly states what I said so that's my proof, not that you and your people are even gonna care. They said they flew to the end of time. They objectively weren't in the end of time before, so they must have flew to that point
We don’t even know how the characters got to the end of time. They could have CC’d off screen and invalidate the whole thing.
Heacanon that you fail to prove time and time again. Also, contradicted by the game itself showing them flying to them, but at this point I think we should just ignore you since you'll never concede even if all the evidence is shown, so there's no point debating you anymore

You keep saying they weren’t in the end of time prior, but nothing says that either. You’re debating my lack of proof with something that also has a lack of definitive proof.

You keep saying they weren’t in the end of time prior, but nothing says that either. You’re debating my lack of proof with something that also has a lack of definitive proof.
If by "something that also has a lack of definitive proof", you mean "something that has clearly been stated by SEGA themselves", then yes - you have a point.

All SEGA said was that Sonic was fighting throughout the end of time, and that he was in a different dimension from the other characters. Nothing else.
I know for sure that if you use the argument of flying through the timestream, you can’t say that the TE was at the end of time, and vice versa.

If I were to compromise, I’d say the idea of immeasurable is okay under the pretense that Sonic, by time traveling to the end of time, created a new timeline or dimension he went into a la ‘06, and that’s why he was in a different dimension. Because arguing time as a dimension requires dimensional tiering arguments.

Well yeah, but time is usually grouped together with space. Not lumped as it’s own dimension you can physically go to. Hello, time dimension, ground floor!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back