• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Introduction​

Wow, hey, it’s been a while. How are the kids? And the dog? Good, good.

If you may recall from the conclusion of the last 2-B Sonic thread, this was initially proposed to be a Staff Only thread where a select few would comment. However, after discussing matters with DarkDragonMedeus in private, this is gonna be a thread open to the masses where the upgrade will be re-attempted properly.

The difference this time? A comprehensive blog detailing why Maginaryworld is 2-B

The Evidence (TL;DR)​

Firstly, we repeatedly see large expanses of outer space that at least indicate the dreams are of a cosmic size at minimum. So how, then, do we confirm each dream is Low 2-C? Simple.

The dreams in Maginaryworld come from the wishes/desires of the dreamer, as seen with the main quartet of Sonic Shuffle. As Amy states, "It's a dream because it hasn't been fulfilled yet... But one day you'll make it come true." And as Void's words imply, a dream can be somebody doing/becoming something. This doesn't just apply for dreams of freedom or happiness, but evil ones as well. This is stated by Lumina herself, the good half of Illumina, who implies Void is the manifestation of those evil dreams.

And thus, each dream is Low 2-C. This makes Maginaryworld a 2-B structure.

The Upgrades​

The meat and potatoes of the thread.

• Solaris and Illumina are upgraded to a flat "2-B" rating. Solaris because he was gonna verse wipe had he not been stopped, and Illumina for dreaming Maginaryworld into existence.

• The Super Trio (Sonic, Shadow, and Silver) have 2-B added on as a highest end due to Solaris, with Low 2-C and 2-C left as is.
    • The Hyper Forms get upgraded to straight 2-B as well (only Team Sonic).

To Conclude​

Maginaryworld gets upgraded, some of the cast gets upgraded, and we can finally put this discussion to bed for good. If you take the time to read this, you get a cookie. If you read the blog, well, that’s two cookies.

Oh, and this goes without saying, but anybody who posts to discuss should treat others with respect. Ask yourself, “Would my mom like me doing this?”. No, no she would not. Take care!

Special Thanks: My heart goes out to the collective Sonic Scholars for helping me whenever I needed scans I couldn’t find, for bringing up a detail when I missed it, and for being my main motivators to get this complete for the wiki to see. Thank you, ALL of you.

Should go a lot more smoothly than the previous threads, which were chaotic as the arguments there were disorganized and there were tensions that boiled over. But after three years, I expect that everyone has matured at this point and there is new evidence being provided so it’s time to pick up where we left off.

Agreed time for 2-B to return for permanent this time.

Also this; all of the dreams should be equal in size. Before Void is about to destroy the Precioustone for good, Maginaryworld still has the projections of each of the dreams to still be shown represented as orbs of all the exact same size. There's no physical distinction between them, and they're all parallel to one another.

Last edited:
I'm starting to lean more towards agreeing too. They're 3-B sized at bare minimum and all exist next to each other as different bodies of spaces. Not only that, at least one of them has universal statements and which should make the others parallel. Flow of time also behaves differently within the different dreams. And admittedly, the only counter argument against it is a secondary canon source describing the entirety of Majinary World being a parallel universe as opposed to specific dream worlds; however, that's just one secondary source when it appears the main supporting arguments for 2-B are within the primary canon source aka the actual game. So that just tells me primary canon takes priority.

As for the scaling; definitely agree with Solaris via destroying all existence, Illumina because it's her own feat, peak state Super Hedgehogs scaling from Solaris, and Hyper Hedgehog forms via upscaling.

Egg Wizard scaling is the only one I'm iffy on. Him saying he never thought the power imaginable could refer to him being impressed by his own work more than anything. I'm also not saying his own demonstrated feat being 2-C is a cap, but the statement about it being above Chaos Emeralds and Sol Emeralds is also contradicted by him just being another one of those boss fights who can't harm Super Sonic or Blaze. But the idea of it being possibly above Precious Stone is something I don't have anything against, so I see why it's only likely added. Which I don't mind.

Agree. Not just because of this, but many worlds theory, when considering how many possibilities and deviations can exist prior to 2006, results in insanely high timeline numbers.

I can address the Maginaryworld being called a universe part if anyone raises a question about it. While universes are defaulted to being 3-A/Low 2-C, they can easily be much larger if there’s context that leads to them being that size. Oftentimes, a multiverse can even be referred to as “the universe.” In general terms, a universe is the body of all things in existence or it can refer to everything in a certain field so Maginaryworld can be a universe in the sense that it’s where all dreams exist.

Egg Wizard scaling is the only one I'm iffy on. Him saying he never thought the power imaginable could refer to him being impressed by his own work more than anything. I'm also not saying his own demonstrated feat being 2-C is a cap, but the statement about it being above Chaos Emeralds and Sol Emeralds is also contradicted by him just being another one of those boss fights who can't harm Super Sonic or Blaze. But the idea of it being possibly above Precious Stone is something I don't have anything against, so I see why it's only likely added. Which I don't mind.
Fair analysis, which is why I figured it best that it'd only be added as a likely. I believe there's a statement from the Eggmen where they say it sustains the existence of parallel worlds, though that's never elaborated on

tier 1 Sonic And co
pp,550x550.jpg

Hmmm... given the current standards for Universes and stuff this fits 2-B and all, so I'm fine with it, nice job y'all.

Tier 1 Sonic via 4D Space being a higher dimension, and Solaris being superdimensional, meaning he transcends the fourth dimension

I believe there's a statement from the Eggmen where they say it sustains the existence of parallel worlds, though that's never elaborated on
There is.

Honestly that should have been the main justification, since the fusion thing doesn’t appear to be in the game.

So, if I'm understanding this correctly. The desires of every being, both good and bad, create these "dream worlds", and there is reason to believe that these dream worlds are universal structures. Hence the 2-B rating.

If that's the case, this seems good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back