• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lacku

He/Him
This is my first versus thread in a while but Tier 5 MCU is something I can't pass up on. This time Odin & Hela's conquest to rule the Nine Realms gets interrupted by some Saiyan invaders on their home turf.

(Odin, Hela & Vegeta are 5-B, Nappa is Low 5-B, Odin has Gungir and Sleipnir, Hela has Mjölnir and Fenris, Vegeta & Nappa can turn into Great Apes, Nappa has six Saibaman seeds, Fight takes place at the Asgard city entrance)

Odin & Hela:
41b3c6e0095c734402c91d34ceadc1cfecc97e81.png

Vegeta & Nappa:
s4v1ChN.png

Freeza blows up Asgard:
Fezzih_007, RoTt35, Marvel_Champion_07, DivineAura44, noninho, AThe1412, GlaceonGamez471

Last edited:
Odin and Hela seem to have the advantage in LS and skill, with thousands of years of experience and being some of the greatest warriors in the universe. Odin also has hax such as Power Nullification and Matter Manipulation (Deconstruction & Transmutation), and both can become passively stronger by drawing their power from Asgard, with Hela also becoming stronger mid-combat to the point of surpassing someone who one-shot her moments ago, she also has Regeneration and can overwhelm with her Necroswords

Odin and Hela seem to have the advantage in LS and skill, with thousands of years of experience and being some of the greatest warriors in the universe. Odin also has hax such as Power Nullification and Matter Manipulation (Deconstruction & Transmutation), and both can become passively stronger by drawing their power from Asgard, with Hela also becoming stronger mid-combat to the point of surpassing someone who one-shot her moments ago, she also has Regeneration and can overwhelm with her Necroswords
We don't really know if Odin uses his hax in battle. From what we've heard from his days fighting he's never deconstructed or turned someone into something else in the midst of a battle, as for power nullification he did that to Thor as a punishment in a non-battle situation and for Hela I believe he only resorted to sealing her in Hel after coming to the conclusion that he can't kill her. The only time we have seen him in a battle situation was in the opening of Thor 2011 where he fights the Frost Giants without any hax and rather blasts most of them with Gungir. Odin being able to become passively stronger similar to Vegeta and Nappa is a definite issue for them, and Helas accelerated development could decide the matchup in itself, however, Vegeta and Nappa have their own advantages.

Just like how Hela can overwhelm with her Necroswords Vegeta and Nappa could very easily do the same with their ki blasts, with Vegeta being very prone to resorting to Danmaku or even straight-up nuking everything with the Galick Gun or AOE blasts, and Nappa who uses ki in a far more explosive way such as with the Giant Storm or Bomber DX. There's also the chance that Vegeta and Nappa could resort to turning into Great Apes if they feel like they're on the back foot, especially Nappa who's the weakest in this matchup, being on the higher end of Low 5-B. Great Ape Nappa would be on an even playing field with Odin and Hela and Vegeta would be capable of one-shotting the pair if they aren't careful.

It's more that he didn't want to kill his own daughter, though I dunno if that's what you mean or not
Nah I was just remembering wrong about why exactly Hela was imprisoned in Hel. Still, the way Marvel describes it Odin sealing Hela isn't something he'd typically do, especially against invaders like Vegeta and Nappa, so I don't see Odin using his hax against them in character.

There's also the chance that Vegeta and Nappa could resort to turning into Great Apes if they feel like they're on the back foot,
Given SBA's rulings on time, they could go big monke mode immediately, unless there's no moon at the given location or something (I don't know if it does or not)
Of course you can just say it takes place in broad daylight or something to stop instant monke

Given SBA's rulings on time, they could go big monke mode immediately, unless there's no moon at the given location or something (I don't know if it does or not)

Of course you can just say it takes place in broad daylight or something to stop instant monke
I was thinking if starting the matchup at night time so they can instantly go monke mode would be fairer or not but I don't think Asgard has a moon for them to transform anyways so they'd have to make their own. They both have scouters so I don't know if Nappa would be smart enough to throw up a moon as soon as the fight starts or not either.

We don't really know if Odin uses his hax in battle. From what we've heard from his days fighting he's never deconstructed or turned someone into something else in the midst of a battle, as for power nullification he did that to Thor as a punishment in a non-battle situation and for Hela I believe he only resorted to sealing her in Hel after coming to the conclusion that he can't kill her. The only time we have seen him in a battle situation was in the opening of Thor 2011 where he fights the Frost Giants without any hax and rather blasts most of them with Gungir.
Yeah, maybe he won't use his hax at the beginning of the battle, but if at some point it's necessary he will do so to suppress/nullify their power or turn them into stardust, this is Odin during the conquest, if he doesn't conquer he destroys and kills
Just like how Hela can overwhelm with her Necroswords Vegeta and Nappa could very easily do the same with their ki blasts, with Vegeta being very prone to resorting to Danmaku or even straight-up nuking everything with the Galick Gun or AOE blasts, and Nappa who uses ki in a far more explosive way such as with the Giant Storm or Bomber DX.
I mean, if none of these attacks are able to bypass Hela's regeneration she would just heal and become far stronger, while her Necroswords can easily slice and impale them. And I don't think that nuking Asgard is a good idea considering that only Hela has Self-Sustenance in addition to having means of escape like Portal Creation or the Bifrost
There's also the chance that Vegeta and Nappa could resort to turning into Great Apes if they feel like they're on the back foot
If they become Great Apes they would also be an easy target, especially for Hela who can manipulate Asgard itself to create giant spikes like against Surtur

Yeah, maybe he won't use his hax at the beginning of the battle, but if at some point it's necessary he will do so to suppress/nullify their power or turn them into stardust, this is Odin during the conquest, if he doesn't conquer he destroys and kills
Is Odin able to strip people of their powers if they're non-magical? Vegeta and Nappa use ki and their own natural strength. I could see Odin resorting to it if the battle gets too much but at this point in his life I'd say he'd rather kill through force rather than hax.
I mean, if none of these attacks are able to bypass Hela's regeneration she would just heal and become far stronger, while her Necroswords can easily slice and impale them. And I don't think that nuking Asgard is a good idea considering that only Hela has Self-Sustenance in addition to having means of escape like Portal Creation or the Bifrost
Attacks like Vegetas Galick Gun which amplifies his power even further against Hela would be extremely dangerous and potentially kill her similar to how Surturs blade did.
If they become Great Apes they would also be an easy target, especially for Hela who can manipulate Asgard itself to create giant spikes like against Surtur
I do agree that there's a definite danger with them turning into Great Apes but for someone like Vegeta it'd be his last resort and that's likely the same for Nappa too. Their armour might do a good job protecting them since even though Hela's giant spikes can pierce Uru and Eternal Flame Surtur, both with at least 6-B durability, the Saiyan's armour has protected them from 5-C attacks piercing-wise. Still there's upsides and downsides to the transformation.

Is Odin able to strip people of their powers if they're non-magical? Vegeta and Nappa use ki and their own natural strength.
It was never stated that his Power Nullification only works on magic, plus Hela doesn't even have that
Attacks like Vegetas Galick Gun which amplifies his power even further against Hela would be extremely dangerous and potentially kill her similar to how Surturs blade did.
Vegeta is baseline, I think, and the Galick Gun seems to be a ×3 according to his profile, that isn't enough for a one-shot/kill
Their armour might do a good job protecting them since even though Hela's giant spikes can pierce Uru and Eternal Flame Surtur, both with at least 6-B durability, the Saiyan's armour has protected them from 5-C attacks piercing-wise.
I don't understand this, Hela has 5-B AP, therefore her attacks must also be 5-B, she won't use 6-B attacks

I believe Vegeta and Hela are baseline 5-B while Odin scales above Hela. As for Nappa I think he scales below Gokus Low 5-B but not by too much.
Hmm, If Vegeta and Nappa became Oozaru, they get a 10x increase in Power and speed, so this is a advantage for them.

But i don't remember If Asgard have a moon.

I don't understand this, Hela has 5-B AP, therefore her attacks must also be 5-B, she won't use 6-B attacks
I was thinking that Helas Necrosword was only capable of 6-B piercing damage but I just realised I'm wrong since she wasn't at full power the entirety of Ragnarok so my bad

Ok...

Les't see, because Nappa is kinda weaker than everyone there, and Vegeta while very skilled, is still fighting two opponents with a bunch abilities, is likely they would be overwhelm against them, so they would result in using the Power Ball to becames great ape pretty fast.
Because of the 10x increase, they basically would win this. But i not sure if the would before being defeated, because there is a chance that Odin and Hela defeats both.

So i voting Inco for now i guess.

I guess I will also vote incon, at first Odin and Hela would have the advantage with their skill, weaponry and Accelerated Development, but if Vegeta and Nappa manage to transform into Great Apes before being overwhelmed the ×10 in strength would be very decisive, although Odin also has his hax as a last resort

Ok...

Les't see, because Nappa is kinda weaker than everyone there, and Vegeta while very skilled, is still fighting two opponents with a bunch abilities, is likely they would be overwhelm against them, so they would result in using the Power Ball to becames great ape pretty fast.
Because of the 10x increase, they basically would win this. But i not sure if the would before being defeated, because there is a chance that Odin and Hela defeats both.

So i voting Inco for now i guess.
I guess I will also vote incon, at first Odin and Hela would have the advantage with their skill, weaponry and Accelerated Development, but if Vegeta and Nappa manage to transform into Great Apes before being overwhelmed the ×10 in strength would be very decisive, although Odin also has his hax as a last resort
Both counted (sorry about taking a while I was super busy today)

Just saying, the power ball is usually a last resort because it lowers the power of the user before they use it. It's also literally just a ball of ki, it should be possible to destroy if you are stronger than the creator of the ball. They obviously wouldn't just sit there and let you do it tho.

Just saying, the power ball is usually a last resort because it lowers the power of the user before they use it. It's also literally just a ball of ki, it should be possible to destroy if you are stronger than the creator of the ball. They obviously wouldn't just sit there and let you do it tho.
We've never seen the power ball be countered like that before so we can't really assume that they'd be able to destroy it.

We've never seen the power ball be countered like that before so we can't really assume that they'd be able to destroy it.
Well I only remember one instance of the power balls usage. It was created by Vegeta meaning it would have been stronger than any attack the humans could have thrown out, and Goku was being harassed by Vegeta. No one had the opportunity to destroy it. Even the second strongest still alive (Gohan) wasn't able to look at the moon so destroying the power ball wasn't an option on the table.

Turles does destroy his Power Ball while it's transforming Gohan into a Great Ape, lad still became a Great Ape
That's non-canon though so it wouldn't really apply to this Vegeta's power ball.
Well I only remember one instance of the power balls usage. It was created by Vegeta meaning it would have been stronger than any attack the humans could have thrown out, and Goku was being harassed by Vegeta. No one had the opportunity to destroy it. Even the second strongest still alive (Gohan) wasn't able to look at the moon so destroying the power ball wasn't an option on the table.
We still don't know if it's possible to destroy so it's not really an option.

We still don't know if it's possible to destroy so it's not really an option.
I mean yeah, it hasn't been destroyed before but that doesn't mean it's indestructible. And it's not like we have reason to believe it's indestructible but we do have reason to believe it can be destroyed. The fact that it's simply a ball of Ki.
I'm not even saying it'd sway the outcome of the fight. I'm just letting it be known that destroying the power ball is an option.

I mean yeah, it hasn't been destroyed before but that doesn't mean it's indestructible. And it's not like we have reason to believe it's indestructible but we do have reason to believe it can be destroyed. The fact that it's simply a ball of Ki.
I'm not even saying it'd sway the outcome of the fight. I'm just letting it be known that destroying the power ball is an option.
Thoughts on the outcome?

Just saying, the power ball is usually a last resort because it lowers the power of the user before they use it.
I mean... Yeah, that's why If they getting overwhelmed, they would try to use the Power Ball. As a last resort.
It's also literally just a ball of ki, it should be possible to destroy if you are stronger than the creator of the ball.
I don't know about that, i never seen the Power Ball being destroyed in Canon. And even then, you most likely would need Ki to destroy this Ball of Ki.

Back