• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This is a post is essentially a recap on posts that were apparently a stomp on favor of geralt or the character that geralt was put against and there are three categories:

Pure Bullshit or acting too quick and coming into a conclusion too early:

Naughty Bear vs Geralt (Apparently after waiting for 48 hours it was concluded it was a stomp because naughty couldn't do anything even tho prior to that naughty was said to be more skilled and had more useful hax, etc.)

Knack vs Geralt (Geralt's only way of getting past Knack is by breaking his orb while Knack had more options to win)

Geralt of Rivia vs Venom (After thinking about it this match was called a stomp without thought, Geralt literally had one or two options to win while Venom had a lot more options due to geralt only way of attacking being useless against venom)

Pretty reasonable or were just a gimmick fight:

Geralt of rivia vs Ghost (either Geralt couldn't do jackshit against ghost or ghost would be easily defeated by geralt)

Geralt of Rivia vs 616 Blade (Don't know why it existed, both had a really huge AP gap)

Geralt of Rivia vs 616 Wolverine (It wasn't meant to exist as a match, Geralt owns if he had the longer range and wolverine owns if he had less range to start from)

Geralt of Rivia vs 616 Iron Fist (Just why? Either Geralt one shots iron fist or iron fist one shots geralt)

Geralt Of Rivia vs Shin Godzilla (Gojii-san gave a better explaination than mines)

Geralt of Rivia vs Alex Mercer (Obvious)

Geralt of Rivia vs Niklaus Mikaelson (This match literally came out of nowhere and it instantly was a stomp due to geralt being 229.62 times more powerful than niklaus)

Connor Kenway vs Geralt of Rivia (The AP difference lead to a one shot and the way connor fights wouldn't be effective)

Threads that were implied to be a stomp:

Geralt of Rivia vs Han Jee-Ha (The thread went nowhere so i don't think it's a full conclusion)

Geralt vs Weiss (Possibly the most infuriating one because it was a long debate with both characters having edge in each other and in the end it was called a stomp, tho it was dismissed and upped weiss but the thread again went nowhere)

Code:Seeker vs Geralt (Weird because i didn't know it was actually implied to be a stomp and that reason wasn't clarified)

That-slut c 7228021
Went from having a 8 win streak to a "Too OP, Plz nerf"

I personally think it's frustrating debating around Quen, but I agree that it isn't really a stomp.

The fight is more fair with distance for Weiss if Geralt has such an impenetrable forcefield though, shortening distance felt like a deliberate attempt to make it easier for Geralt.

M3X said:
Geralt wouldn't use Quen with such small distance
Weiss would use her dust regardless though, would that not prompt the use of Quen?

SpookyShadow said:
AoE, range and unknown attacks = Quen is used

Just swordsmanship and CQC = no
So basically that's yes.

I contest the idea that Quen suddenly makes things a stomp. Saying that it makes them a stomp means the other person has no reasonable way to win, and it's not like Quen is active 100% of the time and constantly spammed. It's still a pretty powerful part of his arsenal, but saying the opponent can't bypass Quen = stomp is fallacious.

It's just an excuse people use if they don't want their fav character to lose. Geralt was in many near death situations but didn't use Quen.

I do agree that Quen doesn't suddenly equate to a stomp, I'm saying that people probably find it frustrating because it functions as a "No." within its tier and Geralt's playing field.

It's a "No." to most dangerous attacks, too many people think Geralt always uses Quen or mindhaxes right off the bat which is false

SpookyShadow said:
It's a "No." to most dangerous attacks, too many people think Geralt always uses Quen or mindhaxes right off the bat which is false
A lot of his debates have been structured around this, yes.

Depends on the situation

Like with Shin Godzilla, it wouldn't be a stomp if his strategy wasn't to nuke things and since his AP greatly exceeds his durability and Quen reflects 50% of damage (which is still like 5x his durability) through magic/hax, it's a stomp. If Geralt doesn't use Quen (which I find unlikely because it's an utterly gigantic monster firing an obvious death beam at him from a very long distance), then he gets one-shot instead and it's still a stomp. No way to work around it.

Therefore, it wouldn't be a stomp if Shinagawa-kun (who is still on the same tier) was used instead as he wouldn't immediately one-shot himself and they have very similar AP.

Also, you didn't actually link the threads

@Abstractions

I try my hardest to change people thinking like that but sometimes it fails, it's like, Geralt will just use stuff most fitting for situation, but hos favorite stuff is just his swordsmanship, potions, oils, Aard and Igni, everything else comes after that when it's fitting to situation. M3X&me did even specifically "standard tactics" on his profile

Also lol at people claiming i used my 'staff power' on that weiss thread im a content mod i have no power

You were an Admin in the past, but yes, you really don't have power to abuse.

If anything, you just have presence.

Thank you :p

But yeah, reading through the issues brought up here a lot of them were present in that weiss thread, though funnily enough it wasnt claimed to be a stomp, the version of Weiss being used was just changed

Eh, Iron Fist can mindhax and his most powerful attack is spammed alot. I assumed the Standard Tactics Geralt employed facilitated it, but yeah can see it being a massive mismatch

Why is the space marine a stomp tbh like if they had every weapon available somehow there's some pretty ridiculous things that can get got.

Still want to point out that Geralt vs Weiss wasnt deemed a stomp at the end, just that it would be more fair with a different key of Weiss. It was declared a stomp well before the long debate but people just debated it anyways.

Yeah Quen instantly making things a stomp is iffy, he literally almost never uses Quen in near-death situations, if anything, Aard and Igni are his go-to cards almost all the time if he believes he can take it.

people literally using fodder High 8-Cs from marvel to throw at what is considered one of the better High 8-Cs around.

Literally nothing in the Marvel High 8-C tier is now worth fighting on the accounts it either stomps or gets stomped, so i'd appreciate folks not touching them.

dbz vs marvel matches are a pain anyways, don't add more

Back