• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Dettlaff can defeat Venom thank his super speed, he can create sonic booms indeed, and Venom is weak against sonic, ice and fire, and that's why Geralt have a great advantage against Venom or Carnage.

Not really, Carnage became immune to sonics and flames, unless they're like, melt steel beams level.

Got the value, he can tank up to 1650 degree celsius with minor effects, and yes, is immune to sonics.

Anyways yeah, Carnage is ******* broken, so don't bother using him ig, since he also has like, mass duplication of himself at base form and can never be properly incapped due to size shifting at a molecular level, not to even touch his Low-High and Self-Sustenance

He can't usually, team up with Venom to physically overpower him.

Half the time he gets taken out by a way higher tier, just gives up or shit like Maximum Carnage and Absolute Carnage happens.

Dude is like, the Mary Sue of Spider-Man villains.

Tho igni isn't normal fire

It can severly burn Higher Vampires, You know... the ones who are completely immune to hot steel and show no signs of pain whatsoever

1650 degree celsius hot tho? Iron has the consistency of water during that period and he just casually tanks it.

"Immune to hot steel" what does that even mean lol?

As in, Regis touches red-hot horseshoes without flinching and can touch white-hot steel blades without feeling anything.

Zark2099 said:
1650 degree celsius hot tho? Iron has the consistency of water during that period and he just casually tanks it.
"Immune to hot steel" what does that even mean lol?
Well to put it shortly "Me bad grammar"

What i was trying to say is Regis, a higher vampire managed to grab hot glowing steelwithout any signs of burning or being effected by the heat

igni is really effective against higher vampires, geralt was managing to set dettlaff ablaze rather easily which means igni can still effect beings that are resistant to heat or fire manipulation

I mean again mate, there's glowing (460 C), and there's liquified (1538 C), Carnage can barely be phased by 1650 C

The rate Geralt is known to affect is far lower than Carnage's Resistance, so he ain't bypassing that any day.

Eh, Carnage seems to have a huge heat resistance. Igni is definitely a lot more powerful than a flamethrower (which is good against Venom) but I doubt it can reach at least 1500 C.

who cares about Geralt matches being a stomp when AC matches don't even finish

I think part of the problem is that people tend to make arguments that Quen makes him invincible. They don't realize that non-physical non-magical attacks haven't been shown to be blockable by this, and they also assume the move is going to be constantly spammed, though I have never seen proof of this being in-character.

Either way, I think it's also because people don't really understand the concept of a stomp all that well.

Dome Quen is a disadvantage for Geralt at times since it impedes his movement.

This point has been in head since this whole Stomp streak for geralt began

I know, I'm just placing extra emphasis on it, because this thread has devolved into a discussion about how people don't quite understand Quen as an ability and how people overrate it. And while it definitely is true that the ability itself is being wanked to the heavens, which is what my first paragraph is addressing, this thread hasn't gone beyond that and hasn't addressed the core of why people are misunderstanding the notion of a stomp.

I think the fundamental misunderstanding that people have about stomps is the idea of a winning condition and their achievability. For example, I was in a thread in which certain people were claiming that a character could one-shot the other due to the sheer AP gap between the two, but the other character could use their own abilities to dodge the one-shot attacks and slow them to a halt, effectively preventing the one-shotter from ever touching the other character. Given this set of circumstances, someone was claiming this is a stomp on the side of the character who dodges, because the one-shotter had no other way of winning other than via this avoidable one-shot. So it seems to me like all fundamental misunderstandings of stomping have to do with not really grasping what a win condition is in the first place and what can be considered a winning condition or not.

About Shin Godzilla match

I've been told that apparently that's not how Quen works (it redirects ranged attacks instead of just slapping damage on enemy via hax) and it's perfectly viable, but I'm not sure if that's true as I'm getting conflicting information

well red mage (yes i did the profiles if is a litle trash renember that this is the first profiile i do)

Not only the profile is bad (sorry I don't mean to offend you or anything), but it seems like he's waaaaaaaaaay to haxxed. And the profile is already brought up to profile deletion thread so it prolly won't stay for long

SpookyShadow said:
Not only the profile is bad (sorry I don't mean to offend you or anything), but it seems like he's waaaaaaaaaay to haxxed. And the profile is already brought up to profile deletion thread so it prolly won't stay for long
well the character are haxed has hell and yeah that was my first profile

Back