• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

XSOULOFCINDERX

They/Them
This is Blood and Wine Geralt starting at 8-C+ and the Tarkatan Xenomorph being used, the Alien has prior knowledge on Geralt's Signs and Geralt has prior knowledge on Killer Queen and the fight takes place in a dark forest.

Geralt : 4

Alien :

Incon :

Last edited:
There are two things that make me worried for Geralt (though the importance of one is debatable).

One is the acid blood which should be strong enough to destroy his sword and kill Geralt when it splashes. And without knowledge of that blood, Geralt might not be able to put up a quen shield to block it. But this one is debatable as this is MK alien who can get punched bloody by Johnny Cage's bare fist.

The other is the alien queen. Dealing with the alien is one thing. Dealing with the alien queen is one thing. But dealing with both an alien and an alien queen at the same time might be too much.

Well it says Geralt has prior knowledge here with the alien queen which I assume would include the acid blood if that helps, plus skill wise he's cracked and fought opponents who could like two shot him iirc

I don't see how prior knowledge is gonna help with her intelligence being high Animal intelligence and higher combat intelligence is gonna help her at all with Geralts MASSIVE tool kit that can do a varity of things that she isn't immune to. Gonna have to go with Geralt but gotta say this is one cool aesthetic fight

I don't see how prior knowledge is gonna help with her intelligence being high Animal intelligence and higher combat intelligence is gonna help her at all with Geralts MASSIVE tool kit that can do a varity of things that she isn't immune to. Gonna have to go with Geralt but gotta say this is one cool aesthetic fight
Tbf, the Alien canonically defeated Shinnok who has a bunch of BS abilities himself on top of Martial Arts so Magic is something the Alien is well accustomed to by this point.

Tbf, the Alien canonically defeated Shinnok who has a bunch of BS abilities himself on top of Martial Arts so Magic is something the Alien is well accustomed to by this point.
I am mostly talking about Geralt's bombs and such that do a wide variety of things that can freeze her solid, poison, burn, stun, ect. She only has knowledge of one of Geralts many tools. which is why my vote is for Geralt

Knowledge of the queen doesn't necessarily means knowledge of the acid blood.

Trying to think of wither equivalents for both aliens to get a proper threat assessment. But I feel like a tarkatan xenomorph might be comparable to say a werewolf. And the queen...perhaps a basilisk or a cockatrice. Manageable one on one but what about at the same time.

Hmmm...prior knowledge of Geralt's signs is gonna be of limited use. At best they stay out of yrden but I can't imagine it being of more help than that.

At close range I can't see Geralt winning this. Cutting the alien with this sword that close will spill acid everywhere. I can see a quen shield neutralizing an acid spit but a large spash, the initial splash will take down the shield and it will then linger until the shield goes away then falls onto Geralt. Like killing a rotfiend. Thing is, you only need to get past the rotfiend's first explosion.

Aard struggles knocking back certain large enemies and the alien currently ranks higher than their physical strength so Geralt will struggle pushing it away. It it does a lunge or leap it should stop it though.

Igni might be a good one. No splashing being a big one.

With the acid, quen is gonna be massive. Passive quen is only gonna help with a few splashes. Gonna want a bubble quen but if he doesnt know about the acid he might not know that.

Axii could effect the xeno's fighting ability by confusing it.

Grapeshot becomes dangerous with the acid. And the dimetritiem is useless.

Alright, yeah, grapeshot is the only bad bomb. The rest are stuns and fires. Even dragon's dream. Might explode but it needs to be hit with fire so Geralt can make sure he's out of range.

Red Haze? Huh, I don't remember Red Haze. But that could help with the 2v1.

Crossbow will be good. Keep him far away from the acid. Some of them are better than others. The explosive bolt if at the right range. Even if the acid goes everywhere, Geralt would be out of range.

Hmm...if Geralt can open up with a crossbow, he could learn about the acid. His enhanced sense would have him hear the hiss, see the acid burning the ground, or smell the acid burning. I could've sworn there was a necroid with acid for blood but I can't find any.

If Geralt can keep his distance, using stuns, frosts, and confusion to help, he could kill them with ranged and not worry about the acid.

If Geralt can make them bleed at range, he'll quickly learn about the acid without being exposed to it. Then switch tactics to compensate.

If Geralt fights them at close range with his sword, the acid will spill all over him. Passive quen won't cut it. He'd need bubble quen to serve as a wall so when he turns it off, the acid will fall on the ground in front of him.

If any of the aliens pin him down or grabs it's game over. He's not strong enough to overpower them and his aard wouldn't be able to move them much, and anything he does at that range will spill acid on him. Maybe burn it like he burned Imerith.

Guess the question is how likely Geralt is going to engage in close quarters.

Knowledge of the queen doesn't necessarily means knowledge of the acid blood.

Trying to think of wither equivalents for both aliens to get a proper threat assessment. But I feel like a tarkatan xenomorph might be comparable to say a werewolf. And the queen...perhaps a basilisk or a cockatrice. Manageable one on one but what about at the same time.

Hmmm...prior knowledge of Geralt's signs is gonna be of limited use. At best they stay out of yrden but I can't imagine it being of more help than that.

At close range I can't see Geralt winning this. Cutting the alien with this sword that close will spill acid everywhere. I can see a quen shield neutralizing an acid spit but a large spash, the initial splash will take down the shield and it will then linger until the shield goes away then falls onto Geralt. Like killing a rotfiend. Thing is, you only need to get past the rotfiend's first explosion.

Aard struggles knocking back certain large enemies and the alien currently ranks higher than their physical strength so Geralt will struggle pushing it away. It it does a lunge or leap it should stop it though.

Igni might be a good one. No splashing being a big one.

With the acid, quen is gonna be massive. Passive quen is only gonna help with a few splashes. Gonna want a bubble quen but if he doesnt know about the acid he might not know that.

Axii could effect the xeno's fighting ability by confusing it.

Grapeshot becomes dangerous with the acid. And the dimetritiem is useless.

Alright, yeah, grapeshot is the only bad bomb. The rest are stuns and fires. Even dragon's dream. Might explode but it needs to be hit with fire so Geralt can make sure he's out of range.

Red Haze? Huh, I don't remember Red Haze. But that could help with the 2v1.

Crossbow will be good. Keep him far away from the acid. Some of them are better than others. The explosive bolt if at the right range. Even if the acid goes everywhere, Geralt would be out of range.

Hmm...if Geralt can open up with a crossbow, he could learn about the acid. His enhanced sense would have him hear the hiss, see the acid burning the ground, or smell the acid burning. I could've sworn there was a necroid with acid for blood but I can't find any.

If Geralt can keep his distance, using stuns, frosts, and confusion to help, he could kill them with ranged and not worry about the acid.

If Geralt can make them bleed at range, he'll quickly learn about the acid without being exposed to it. Then switch tactics to compensate.

If Geralt fights them at close range with his sword, the acid will spill all over him. Passive quen won't cut it. He'd need bubble quen to serve as a wall so when he turns it off, the acid will fall on the ground in front of him.

If any of the aliens pin him down or grabs it's game over. He's not strong enough to overpower them and his aard wouldn't be able to move them much, and anything he does at that range will spill acid on him. Maybe burn it like he burned Imerith.

Guess the question is how likely Geralt is going to engage in close quarters.
The fight rules say he has prior knowledge on the Queen so I am assuming he already knows about the acid and can fight accordingly

Well it says Geralt has prior knowledge here with the alien queen which I assume would include the acid blood if that helps, plus skill wise he's cracked and fought opponents who could like two shot him iirc
One-shot, too. Dettlaff can do that with his bat tsunami, as I repeatedly learned the hard way (it goes through Quen too)

Black blood only makes his blood slightly more acidic for vampires and necrophages. It's not strong enough to harm anything else like humans.

Compare that to xenomorph blood which can burn through several feet of steel. And even a small spray is enough to melt flesh down to bone.

It's also why I'm not sure what to make of MK's xeno blood since it never comes into play outside of specific attacks from Acidic.

Guess the OP will have to answer that.

Does knowledge of Killer Queen mean knowledge of their Acid Blod?
And are we treating the acid blood as MK treats it? Or as it is portrayed in the main franchise?

Does knowledge of Killer Queen mean knowledge of their Acid Blod?
Killer Queen is just the name of the Finisher, it means Geralt is aware that the Alien can pretty much summon the Queen from nowhere by shrieking.
And are we treating the acid blood as MK treats it? Or as it is portrayed in the main franchise?
I don't know how to answer this. Realistically it should be the same as in the Alien franchise since we never actually see a Xenomorph get harmed in MKX since they just stomp everyone else in Kombat.

Yeah, no knowledge of acid and we're dealing with the acid seen in the main franchise and a queen assist to boot?

Here's the thing. If Geralt actually had knowledge of the acid, he'd probably win. He has plenty of the tools to neutralize the alien without exposure. Plus we do see there are ways to cut open an alien and not get melted. If this was a creature in the witcher world, Vesemir would probably have a book on where you can and cannot cut on a xenomorph.

And if Geralt manages to make it bleed at a safe distance, the acid becomes immediately obvious. Even if he doesn't know where to cut, he'll know to keep his distance or use something like quen to protect himself.

But if he doesn't know about it and cuts it wrong, he gets sprayed by the acid.

Eh Geralt has stupid pain tolerance and does resist acid manip, he can also fodderise foes that use acid attacks too. More than once actually.
One-shot, too. Dettlaff can do that with his bat tsunami, as I repeatedly learned the hard way (it goes through Quen too)
Yeah there's this one too, Geralt's got cracked skill feats and is a swift learner. I'm gonna put myself down for the Witcher with high difficulty here via his versatility and having more options that can keep the Xeno locked down and thensome. According to his standard tactics Geralt would see the Xeno as a monster and use his signs there mainly with swordplay second, assuming the Xeno does call its queen I don't see anything that lets them resist mind manip so Geralt could turn one of them against the other and make his job easier.

Black blood only makes his blood slightly more acidic for vampires and necrophages. It's not strong enough to harm anything else like humans.
Did you not see the drop of blood viciously sizzle and eat into the solid ground? It's a highly potent acid for a certainty, whereas regular blood is nearly pH neutral. Sure as hell not on the level of Xeno blood, but his resistance is enough to buy him some time and not just get insta-killed in a double KO. As for how/why he uses/doesn't use Black Blood, it's the toxic properties of it that he uses it for. Orianna's jaw didn't melt when she drank from him, she took harm from the potion when it got into her system. And even though it's corrosive af, it would be wasted against humans and other non-blooddrinkers due to it being one of the most toxic and excruciating potions he has, and also because it only would come into play when he spurts blood from a wound. It would just be a total waste, which is why he never uses it outside of fighting vampires and necrophages. Maybe if his mutations gave him Texas Bearded Lizard DNA, though...

Did you not see the drop of blood viciously sizzle and eat into the solid ground? It's a highly potent acid for a certainty, whereas regular blood is nearly pH neutral. Sure as hell not on the level of Xeno blood, but his resistance is enough to buy him some time and not just get insta-killed in a double KO. As for how/why he uses/doesn't use Black Blood, it's the toxic properties of it that he uses it for. Orianna's jaw didn't melt when she drank from him, she took harm from the potion when it got into her system. And even though it's corrosive af, it would be wasted against humans and other non-blooddrinkers due to it being one of the most toxic and excruciating potions he has, and also because it only would come into play when he spurts blood from a wound. It would just be a total waste, which is why he never uses it outside of fighting vampires and necrophages. Maybe if his mutations gave him Texas Bearded Lizard DNA, though...
Let me put it this way. Take witcher's blood with the black blood concoction and pour it on a steel plate. How far does it burn and how long?

In xeno blood case it burns through it in seconds. And then it'll burn through the next 3 layers of steel plate under it.

Or if we take witcher's blood with black blood and pour it on a person's face. What happens?

Xeno blood near instantly melts it to bone.

Even kikimore and centipede acid is not comparable, only described to cause blindness and pain. Not strip flesh from bone.

I'd compare it a venomous arachas. Witchers are immune to venom but V-arachas venom is so potent that a large enough dose guarantees death with the mutation simply prolonging it. Same deal with xeno acid. The difference is just too big for his resistance to save him.

Geralt has quen which will neutralize any effect on him so if he is getting ate into by acid then he will just use quen. also correct me if I am wrong but isn't only when the Xenomorph is bleeding when acid is an issue

Geralt has quen which will neutralize any effect on him so if he is getting ate into by acid then he will just use quen. also correct me if I am wrong but isn't only when the Xenomorph is bleeding when acid is an issue
Hence why I emphasized the important of knowledge and quen in the fight.

Passive quen will be enough to stop a small spray but a thick stream or a continuous spray then it isn't going to be enough. He'll need his bubble quen. If he can find out about the acid like say piercing the xeno at range with a crossbow bolt or even just prior knowledge of acid blood, he can then be ready to toss up bubble quen the moment he cuts it open.

Hence why I emphasized the important of knowledge and quen in the fight.

Passive quen will be enough to stop a small spray but a thick stream or a continuous spray then it isn't going to be enough. He'll need his bubble quen. If he can find out about the acid like say piercing the xeno at range with a crossbow bolt or even just prior knowledge of acid blood, he can then be ready to toss up bubble quen the moment he cuts it open.
I'm saying even if Geralt got hit he can cast quen after and it will nullify the acid

I'm saying even if Geralt got hit he can cast quen after and it will nullify the acid
Hmm...that could work. We've seen predators rip off armor to escape acid. If Geralt can use quen to neutralize it before it gets too far and as long as it doesn't hit something like his face, he could save himself and go from there.

Alright, I'll go Geralt

Imma gonna stay with Geralt here, also Geralt is more than willing to play the long game and the Xeno's not gonna be sneaking up on him. Also again assuming Xeno calls in the queen Geralt could attempt mindhax and have them fight each other

Back