• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
14_wiedzmin_od_netfliksa_pierwsze_sceny_i_fotografie_kaer_morhen_0_b_5cac493ac55c6.jpeg

Rules:
  • Geralt has prior knowledge about demons
  • 1 hour untill dawn
  • Gerald has 6 hour prep time
  • Akaza starts in his 8b key meanwhile Geralt starts in his 8C key with possibility to power up to his High 8C key
  • They start 40m apart
  • Speed is Equalized
Geralt of Rivia: @noisyPitta @AngeronTheSkyHighAnger @Doggo @noninho @XSOULOFCINDERX @Popted2 @Vithal
Akaza:

Last edited:
Akaza wins mid diff. It would be long and drawn out with Geralt being able to react to and block Akaza's attacks but his reliance on limited resources (potions and signs) would probably lead to his loss. I think there is an argument to be made that Geralt would focus his entire strategy on holding off for an hour until the sun comes up, but that would be super high diff for him.

Akaza wins mid diff. It would be long and drawn out with Geralt being able to react to and block Akaza's attacks but his reliance on limited resources (potions and signs) would probably lead to his loss. I think there is an argument to be made that Geralt would focus his entire strategy on holding off for an hour until the sun comes up, but that would be super high diff for him.
Let's not forget that Geralt has prior knowledge + 6 hours prep time. I think that he would most likely supply himself with potions etc that would let him survive until dawn.

Let's not forget that Geralt has prior knowledge + 6 hours prep time. I think that he would most likely supply himself with potions etc that would let him survive until dawn.
I don't think Akaza will just let him fight till dawn

I don't think Akaza will just let him fight till dawn
How so? Don't forget that geralt is a skilled fighter with alot of abilities and stamina so I think he could fight until dawn. Also lets not forget that he can use axll on akaza so geralt can regenerate or in final stage of the fight he can stun him so he burns in the sun

How so? Don't forget that geralt is a skilled fighter with alot of abilities and stamina so I think he could fight until dawn. Also lets not forget that he can use axll on akaza so geralt can regenerate or in final stage of the fight he can stun him so he burns in the sun
Wouldn’t the compass needle help a lot here? Akaza has infinite stamina.

I appreciate that Geralt will have prepared himself for the fight, but an hour is a long time to hold out against an opponent whos stamina and regen don'r rely on limited resources. I also find it hard to imagine that Akaza would let up for a moment to give Geralt a chance to reapply his oils/potions. If we were talking about a fight that lasts 10-20 minutes I would absolutely give this to Geralt's prep, but 1 hour is a long time to be fighting nonstop.

I appreciate that Geralt will have prepared himself for the fight, but an hour is a long time to hold out against an opponent whos stamina and regen don'r rely on limited resources. I also find it hard to imagine that Akaza would let up for a moment to give Geralt a chance to reapply his oils/potions. If we were talking about a fight that lasts 10-20 minutes I would absolutely give this to Geralt's prep, but 1 hour is a long time to be fighting nonstop.
You severely underestimating the fighting endurance witchers in general have.

Geralt himself managed to fight a striga for an entire night until dawn set in. Although half-way through the night Geralt sealed himself in the tomb which striga resided which lifted her curse so it half counts. Even discarding that we have Witcher George who we can scale to Geralt considering that physically there isn't any other witcher (aside from Letho) than compares to Geralt due to the further mutations he's experienced. Witcher George was a witcher that fought a Green Dragon for an entire day and night cycle with not even a proper silver sword but a steel sword which blunts itself on the scales of dragons and he managed to slay the dragon while being literally at deaths door. So an hour of fighting isn't something that would Phase a prepared Geralt and especially when he has prior knowledge on demons.

There is actually a correct assumption that potions don't really last for a long time, especially ones like Blizzard which gives Geralt an exponential speed boost but for a short period of time. Only potion that would last Geralt an hour or more is Tawny Owl which coincidentally boosts the stamina regeneration but because Geralt has prior knowledge on demons he won't be relying on potions but decoctions instead which actually last for more than day and have a considerably greater effect than potions at the cost having greater toxicity and only being able to use two or three (but in this case it actually helps as it boosts the attack power of Geralt). Succubus and Wyvern decoctions make Geralt gain considerably more power throughout the fight while the troll decoction enhances his regeneration capabilities for a prolonged period of time.

The best choice for Geralt to counter-fight demons like Akaza is with his best sword, Aerondight, which amplifies it's power considerably on each hit which can accumulate on one massive strike with the effect of setting the opponent on fire. And if I read Akaza's weakensses correctly, he is apparently weak to a plant called Wisteria. Why I bring it up is because it is also otherwise known as Glicynia which witchers at kaer morhen most likely have in possession and can create an alchemy oil to counter-fight and considering this fight is taking place in kaer morhen where there is a massive storage of artifacts and rare items it can come in handy for Geralt to use.

As for signs, Quen is THE sign that will keep Geralt alive throughout the fight. Quen is straight up busted as a protection spell as it can protect Geralt from attacks FAR outside of his weight class and be able to reflect 50% of the energy back to the attacker which is fortunate as it is the biggest counter to the Compass Needle in both forms. In the first form Geralt can counter-attack Akaza without taking any damage, while in the second form it is the single biggest "No u" ability that isn't capable of even being breached. Igni comes as a loose second as it can hinder regenerative capabilities of demons somewhat, this is considering that Igni is capable of setting ablaze higher vampires who similarly have a regenerative capabilities and resistance to fire.

All in all does Geralt beat Akaza in a straight up fight?
No. He does not.

Despite all I said, Akaza has more experience than Geralt (133 years vs 99 years) and he is physically stronger, has more busted techniques and Geralt has no way of physically putting him down, even if he possessed dark blades.

Now, it is an entirely different matter if it is about waiting till dawn as Geralt will 100% take advantage of any weakness present and considering he has prep time and prior knowledge he'll intentionally drag out the fight like he did with the striga only attacking in key moments and only holding off Akaza.

Normally, if this was a standard fight where the night didn't end and no one had prep I'd give to Akaza low-diff while with the thread rules Geralt takes this Mid to High-Diff

All in all does Geralt beat Akaza in a straight up fight?
No. He does not.

Despite all I said, Akaza has more experience than Geralt (133 years vs 99 years) and he is physically stronger, has more busted techniques and Geralt has no way of physically putting him down, even if he possessed dark blades.

Now, it is an entirely different matter if it is about waiting till dawn as Geralt will 100% take advantage of any weakness present and considering he has prep time and prior knowledge he'll intentionally drag out the fight like he did with the striga only attacking in key moments and only holding off Akaza.

Normally, if this was a standard fight where the night didn't end and no one had prep I'd give to Akaza low-diff while with the thread rules Geralt takes this Mid to High-Diff
I appreciate the in depth explanation of Geralt's stamina, and I'll agree with you on that front. The only other point I would have to consider is that Akaza could just run inside Kaer Morhen to stay out of the sun. Could Geralt still beat him in there? His stamina (while you just proved to be incredible) is ultimately still finite, and demon regeneration is (to my knowledge) not.

I appreciate the in depth explanation of Geralt's stamina, and I'll agree with you on that front. The only other point I would have to consider is that Akaza could just run inside Kaer Morhen to stay out of the sun. Could Geralt still beat him in there? His stamina (while you just proved to be incredible) is ultimately still finite, and demon regeneration is (to my knowledge) not.
That would backfire on Akaza in most likely scenario

Kaer Morhen in the current games is nearly rubble and parts of it collapse at random due to it's age, lack of care and the sheer amount of sieges it has held off from various forces. Considering that It also has a lot of windows and weak walls, Geralt can cast Aard or throw a bomb at a wall and it'll reveal sunlight which it turns Akaza into a sitting duck. Geralt with home base advantage lures him, traps him with Yrden, and breaks a wall to reveal sunlight.

In the other scenario Akaza drags the fight until sunset which is a lot more unlikely as Geralt wouldn't really let him give him time and daylight lasts for quite a bit longer than night.

Oh I forgot that I didn't vote lmao. FRA I vote for Geralt

And that concludes a Grace.

Back