• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nyarlathotep (Cthulhu Mythos) vs Demonbaneverse

Jockey-1337 said:
Botchede said:
And? 1-A vs 1-A. Azathoth has been almost destroyed by Vortex Blaster Demonbane. Nyarlathotep is very high in 1-A (it may be High 1-A after the revisions)..
"Almost destroyed"

Incorrect. Azathoth sees all of the demonbane verse as simple fiction, including the Nyarlathotep from it, which is at least a good amount above baseline 1-A, since even Kurou Daijuuji was unable to kill him. In other words, nothing on Demonbane verse can even hurt him (Since they are just his/her/their imagination).

And if you think that not even Azathoth can beat Nyarlathotep, why did you even create this thread? You are either being biased or just creating a stomp on purpose.

I think Nyarlathotep will win (Nyarlathotep beats Hajun here who, in turn, beats Azathoth here ) thanks to higher degree of transcendence, but it is just my opinion, I want to see other opinions.

Jockey-1337 said:
I think Nyarlathotep will win (Nyarlathotep beats Hajun here who, in turn, beats Azathoth here ) thanks to higher degree of transcendence, but it is just my opinion, I want to see other opinions.
I'm pretty sure this was Hajun before his power additions.

And i'm also pretty sure Hajun is blocked off being used in matches as of now. Hell, he even had his victory and losses removed (Not that he had any, but still)

And yes, this is your opinion. But if somebody else gave you their perspective but you insist "your" opinion is right, them it's biased.

Botchede said:
Jockey-1337 said:
And i'm also pretty sure Hajun is blocked off being used in matches as of now. Hell, he even had his victory and losses removed (Not that he had any, but still)

And yes, this is your opinion. But if somebody else gave you their perspective but you insist "your" opinion is right, them it's biased.
I provided an argument - higher degree of transcendence. Azathoth transcends baseline 1-As, Cthulhu Mythos top tiers transcend multiple if not infinite 1-A levels.

If you think Azathoth can win here, provide an argument please.

Cthulhu Mythos is getting revised with the tiering revisions in place.

Either way Nyarla stomps hard, please close this.

Jockey-1337 said:
Botchede said:
Jockey-1337 said:

I provided an argument - higher degree of transcendence. Azathoth transcends baseline 1-As, Cthulhu Mythos top tiers transcend multiple if not infinite 1-A levels.
If you think Azathoth can win here, provide an argument please.
I provided my arguments. You are free to disaggre with them, but if you knew from the star that this was a stomp why did you even create this?

Even disregarding "I wanna know the opinion of other people", you "know" that it transcends above the baseline of other 1-A. So why? You pretty much addmited to knowing that this was a stomp and yet you made it on purpose, which is against the rules for versus threads.

Question: What makes you people believe that the Outer/Elder Gods in Lovecraft are even different then the ones in Demonbane? Kind of confused about this.

True yojimbo said:
Question: What makes you people believe that the Outer/Elder Gods in Lovecraft are even different then the ones in Demonbane? Kind of confused about this.
Because of the fact its literally two different stories from two different writers.

Demonbane's Outer Gods are a different version of Lovecraft's outergods.

Just as Pre-Crisis Superman is a different version of Post Crisis Superman.

True yojimbo said:
AogiriKira said:
Don't even bother to explain anything.
Why do I need to? It's already common knowledge that this match is a stomp.

AogiriKira said:
True yojimbo said:
AogiriKira said:
Common to who? You? Your bias is starting to show.

Common knowledge to anyone that actually sees the profile. Even their avatars that are 1-A and which they infinitely transcend should make things pretty obvious.

There's no bias, drop the unnecessary bullshit if you have nothing to say.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Common knowledge to anyone that actually sees the profile. Even their avatars that are 1-A and which they infinitely transcend should make things pretty obvious.
There's no bias, drop the unnecessary bullshit if you have nothing to say.
"Even their avatars that are 1-A and which they infinitely transcend should make things pretty obvious."

Even though EGD should do the same.

One more thing, if Nyarlathotep in CM is above even all this, then there shouldn't be much in its way for 'High Outerversal'.

True yojimbo said:
AogiriKira said:
True yojimbo said:
AogiriKira said:
Common to who? You? Your bias is starting to show.
It takes one look at their profiles to realize.

Demon Bane Nyarlathotep for example has only shown baseline achievements being able to contend with characters "Transcendent over time-space and dimensions", which is a baseline statement.

Nyarlathotep exists in the Ultimate Void, which is transcendent over infinite Outerversal Hierarchies many times over, to the point where the concept of a hierarchy is irrelevant to him as well as the other Outer Gods.

Chill out with your accusatory tone. You've been a user here for over a year know, you should now how to act on this site.

True yojimbo said:
"Even their avatars that are 1-A and which they infinitely transcend should make things pretty obvious."

One more thing, if Nyarlathotep in CM is above even all this, then there shouldn't be much in its way for 'High Outerversal'.
No EGD does not. It's not listed on his profile and the verse has been universally agree'd to be only countable degrees above outerversal, nowhere near an infinite hierarchy.

If you wish to contradict this then show some proof.

Demonbane Outer Gods and actual Outer Gods mean literally nothing when it comes to the AP of each.

They are two completely different series. Nyarla isn't also a big titty glasses girl banging Master Therion in the myths, being based when so much shit is explicitly massively different doesn't justifiy them scaling to anything.

AogiriKira said:
True yojimbo said:
Because of the fact its literally two different stories from two different writers.
Demonbane's Outer Gods are a different version of Lovecraft's outergods.

Just as Pre-Crisis Superman is a different version of Post Crisis Superman.
I say this because they have similar enough elements that get shared throughout. Not that familiar with Pre-Crisis to Post-Crisis, but do they have that much similarity?

Absolutely none.

Its based on the outer gods, but they are not HP's Outer Gods. They scale to the feats and statements of their ow fictional universe, because that's where they exist.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Demonbane Outer Gods and actual Outer Gods mean literally nothing when it comes to the AP of each.
They are two completely different series. Nyarla isn't also a big titty glasses girl banging Master Therion in the myths, being based when so much shit is explicitly massively different doesn't justifiy them scaling to anything.
So because of sex, they are now different. No offense, but that's kind of weak.

AogiriKira said:
True yojimbo said:

No EGD does not. It's not listed on his profile and the verse has been universally agree'd to be only countable degrees above outerversal, nowhere near an infinite hierarchy.
"universally agree'd"

show me proof of this first of it being "universally agree'd" upon.

Let me say in no uncertain terms, that assuming that's what I mean is not only incredibly dumb, it is such a lazy freaking strawman. If you aren't taking this seriously, stop wasting our collective times.

They aren't from the same series, so we don't apply the statements of a series where these creatures are very different, behave differently and have different statements about them, their power and their nature to the other series just because its based on it.

Try and make a character called Superman. Give it all the powers of superman, but no feats or statements about being equal. SURPRISE, we won't give him the same stats as superman no matter how similar if the creator is completely unaffiliated to the original version. I am confused how this is so difficult.

True yojimbo said:
AogiriKira said:
True yojimbo said:

"universally agree'd"
show me proof of this first of it being "universally agree'd" upon.
Thats as simple as literally looking at the Demonbane profiles.

If you want you can even ask a knowledgable member

EnnardTrap1987 said:
The Demonbane 1-As got downgraded to 2-A. Nyarlathotep one shots all of them, and its a godstomp.
Close this.
Mythos Nyarlathotep destroys even 1-A Demonbaneverse. It is still nothing in comparison with Mythos 1-As.

EDIT: I remember old times when Demonbaneverse was High 1-A / 0. Finally, it has been downgraded.

Back