• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nuke Superhuman Physical Characteristics

Tllmbrg

VS Battles
Content Moderator
As the title says.
As for why; It's an entirely pointless power which gets covered by stats
If this gets approved might as well nuke Genius Intelligence, Peak Human and Superhuman Speed pages too

Don't forget Genius Intelligence, Peak Human, Superhuman Speed, and others like it.

I agree, it's always felt to me like a way to pad out P&A sections for characters who don't actually have abilities. We recognize that it's pretty pointless to apply them to cosmic supreme beings, but feel a need to apply them at lower tiers.

Seems like a lot of work over something otherwise fairly harmless. Neutral, I guess.

Actually, thinking about it, it probably requires a lot more work to remove than was assumed.

While a bot can be used to remove the links, a lot of the time links to such pages have unique wording, which will make deletion more awkward. On top of that, some pages may have those are their only abilities, making the P&A section awkwardly blank if a mass deletion happens.

Given how many pages these abilities are on, manually checking that will be a real pain. It'd probably be most easily to just delete the power from pages without unique wording, ignore pages with blank P&A sections, and manually go through the rest, but that seems like quite a project for quite a little. Still, if someone (Tllmbrg) is uniquely motivated to actually, completely follow through on this, it could be viable.

Fine you fiends, first have the bot comb through it and then I'll shift through em

It's the most basic of the superpowers, but I think it should stay. Genius intelligence and peak human are complementary.

Though, I see no use in Superhuman Speed, it's already included in the Physical Characteristics and would be like having another page for Superhuman Durability, Superhuman Lifting Strength, Superhuman Striking Strength etc...

Put me in as neutral.

But Superhuman speed is kinda useless, yes.

For another note, just deleting Superhuman Speed would be far easier, since pages could merely be redirected to Superhuman Physical Characteristics.

Honestly, I’m against it. It’s way too much work to remove it from all existing pages that have it. Only an incredibly small portion of the people on this site have a problem with them being there anyways

It's a power, why should it be removed? Doesn't really matter if it's common or not, we list powers and abilities, and it is one of them, ergo it gets listed. Also it would be a huge amount of effort.

Regarding superhuman speed: I think this is the reason it’s even there in the first place

On the Superhuman Physical Characteristics page
Notes

Even if some of the parameters fall below the minimum value, the character can still be regarded as superhuman, if they have statistical advantage over ordinary people in multiple characteristics.”

Superhuman Speed is generally given to those who’s only Superhuman Physical Characteristic is their speed, as the note above states “the character can still be regarded as superhuman, if they have statistical advantage over ordinary people in multiple characteristics.” Implying SPC is attained through having at least 2 SPC, instead of just one

Against removing it. Super strength, speed etc are well established powers, so they should be featured as powers, it's that simple. Also I don't get why padding is an issue when it's just three words.

Last edited:
Against for the nuke of Superhuman and Genius inteligence, neutral to peak (im more like positive to nuke it) definitely agree to nuking superhuman speed

Just nuke Superhuman Speed then, we already use brackets to link to powers, which we can word to one thing and then link it to its primary power like we do with the bracket-linking.

In that case we should make a page for each superhuman characteristic, for characters who are only extremely durable, extremely strong etc...

It's just easier to change the criteria for SPC, lowering the needed amount to a single one.
Or, we can do it like this...

[[Superhuman Physical Characteristics|Superhuman Strength and Durability]] If one has Superhuman Strength and Dura only but not speed, or if they only have insane speed, just do it like [[Superhuman Physical Characteristics|Superhuman Speed]], and so on. We already do this for a number of abilities for easier clarification.

If they have all three, just put in [[Superhuman Physical Characteristics]]. Easy.

I'm also neutral on this.
I do believe that superhuman physical characteristics should state more for what classifies under it though.

Afaik stuff like leaping great distances is defined under superhuman physical characteristics, but there's no indication of this on the page itself. Superhuman physical characteristics should likely elaborate on more known uses.

I'm also neutral on this.
I do believe that superhuman physical characteristics should state more for what classifies under it though.

Afaik stuff like leaping great distances is defined under superhuman physical characteristics, but there's no indication of this on the page itself. Superhuman physical characteristics should likely elaborate on more known uses.
I agree with this. Give more ways to be able to qualify for the abilities.

I think stuff like that better fits under Acrobatics.

@KLOL Please give other examples of what you might mean, since I'd expect that other pages would already cover them.

@KLOL Please give other examples of what you might mean, since I'd expect that other pages would already cover them.
Something like the Elemental Powers or Shockwave Generation (Which is a subset of Vibration Manip I believe), I remember there being more but I can't remember them ATM

It used to be but it was removed because that gave characters like the Hulk Acrobatics

Yeah elemental powers would be Elemental Manipulation and shockwaves would be Vibration Manipulation.

It used to be but it was removed because that gave characters like the Hulk Acrobatics

I think that's a pretty weird reason to remove it. Characters who in-verse are treated like glass cannons, or otherwise don't have superhuman strength/superhuman speed as a recognized power, have been given SPC because that's what they get from their stats. Relative to others in the verse the Hulk wouldn't be particularly Acrobatic, but compared to what normal humans can do he kinda is.

I could understand more if all of these things were applied relative to the setting, but that's really impossible to set standards for outside of "intuition", and as such wouldn't really be done.

(I'd also find it really weird to give characters Superhuman Physical Characteristics when they have human/unknown physical stats, just because they jumped an abnormal distance)

I think that's a pretty weird reason to remove it. Characters who in-verse are treated like glass cannons, or otherwise don't have superhuman strength/superhuman speed as a recognized power, have been given SPC because that's what they get from their stats. Relative to others in the verse the Hulk wouldn't be particularly Acrobatic, but compared to what normal humans can do he kinda is.

I could understand more if all of these things were applied relative to the setting, but that's really impossible to set standards for outside of "intuition", and as such wouldn't really be done.

(I'd also find it really weird to give characters Superhuman Physical Characteristics when they have human/unknown physical stats, just because they jumped an abnormal distance)
It was more removed because when someone says acrobatics they usually think about some agility based like doing multiple flips Spider-Man style, jumping really high is not what most people would attribute to that
The power was modified to fit that vision better

Being able to jump high is agility, but (I assume) in the Hulk's case that comes from strength and size. EDIT 1: I'd assume that people would see this as a feat of acrobatics, even without the flip, even if it would feel less impressive with a big bulky character like the Hulk doing it.

If people are having misunderstandings like that the ability should just be explained better on the profile in question, it's so broad that it should have feats listed regardless (the page in its current state even says it varies from extraordinary movements to defying gravity).

EDIT 2: Myeh, this seems to be getting too off-topic, my bad.

Last edited:
Being able to jump high is agility, but (I assume) in the Hulk's case that comes from strength and size.
Not really tho, I mean sure you can add oomf to it but in the end of the day it's mostly a strength thing
If they do moves mid air and then land with np problem, then sure it's acrobatics but otherwise nah

I'd assume that people would see this as a feat of acrobatics even without the flip, even if it would feel less impressive with a big bulky character like the Hulk doing it.
I wouldn't without the flip so
Unless I'm missing something acrobats don't usually also develop the ability to jump well, because those skills have no real connection to each other

Well, this is a lot of work for something that doesn't technically pay much after we do it.. I know we have bots to remove them, but Superhuman Physical characteristic is a general superpower and genius intelligence is just as much as an ability as weapon mastery, martial arts, or stealth mastery. Even Peak Human physical characteristics is kinda similar to those abilities. Superhuman speed on the other hand is merely a subpower of superhuman physical characteristics, and thus wouldn't mind getting rid of that. People could always link it as [[Superhuman Physical Characteristics|Superhuman Speed]] and what not.

All I really got to say on the matter.

Yeah, basically nuke Superhuman Speed and go with the linking method if you want to be specific with the powers.

SPC actually has some purpose in that it separates the bottom tiers from the rest of them, it is a power in of itself and is super common, getting rid of it would be a waste of time and frankly doesn't actually make much sense to me.

I would, however, be fine with getting rid of Superhuman Speed, as this is already covered in the former's page, so it's redundant.

Superhuman physical characteristics is one of the most recognizable powers in fiction, plus the fact it would be a large amount of work due to Agnaa's reasoning and the sheer amount of profiles who have this power on their profiles.

Disagree.

Superhuman speed can be removed and put under superhuman physical characteristics

Back