• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Novel Kars has concept type 2? (or resistance to it ?)

Concept manip is like, the only power that has yet to occur in JoJo, so I dont see how we would have it if nothing in jojo has it.

Concept manip is like, the only power that has yet to occur in JoJo, so I dont see how we would have it if nothing in jojo has it.
Uh, its because in others novel kars threads, they said that Novel Kars has it and u had the proof to it (I think that when he talk about Chariot they mean u, but maybe I'm wrong)

When they talk about Chariot, they do tend to mean me yeah.

But that's the thing, you're the second person to actually ask about Kars and concept manip within the last little while, and I'm unsure where this is coming from? What thread is this if you don't mind me asking?

But Kars never adapted to concept manip, it's simply guessing, there is no hard proof is what I'm trying to say. We don't know if he can so we can't say for a fact he can.

When they talk about Chariot, they do tend to mean me yeah.

But that's the thing, you're the second person to actually ask about Kars and concept manip within the last little while, and I'm unsure where this is coming from? What thread is this if you don't mind me asking?

But Kars never adapted to concept manip, it's simply guessing, there is no hard proof is what I'm trying to say. We don't know if he can so we can't say for a fact he can.
This thread https://vsbattles.com/threads/the-outsider-vs-novel-kars.112496/page-2
and thanks for explaining it to me

Sounds like a massive misunderstanding of his ability.

It might be because he can understand concepts and it is called conceptual understanding, but kars doesn't adapt to everything he understands, only abilities and harmful stuff.

He understood heaven and didn't ascend or got control over it for example, or the alternate universes.

Actually yeah that's probably exactly what happened.

Conceptual Understanding doesn't mean how the wiki defines concepts. It means concept in the way most people tend to use the term, "an abstract idea; a general notion."
When it says Conceptual Understanding, it's not talking about concepts as how the wiki defines the power but rather concept as in, well, just a thing that exists (even if that thing is indeed a true concept or not).
The concept of what a Stand is, the concept of heaven, the concept of good and evil, even Beyond and its goals and plans, etc.

Stands are the manifestation of fighting spirit so they are abstract, just not on this site. Thats the closest you can get to concept manipulation

They are the manifestation of the soul, so no, as far as i know they were only refered like that in part 3 and even then are changed to souls later on.

Also fighting spirit ain't abstract, it is just a form of willpower, which in turn is emotional, which is mental.

They are the manifestation of the soul, so no, as far as i know they were only refered like that in part 3
They changed it on part 5, on part 5 stands are like a Virus, but on part 6 or 7, it becomes the representation of soul again, because yes XD

They changed it on part 5, on part 5 stands are like a Virus, but on part 6 or 7, it becomes the representation of soul again, because yes XD
Not quite. Stands are the manifestation of the soul (As early as end of Part 3) and up to Part 8 (Soft $ Wet is explicitly called Josuke's spirit manifested). Even in Part 5 they are (it's why Chariot Requiem can control other Stands, it can manipulate souls).

What the Virus does, put simply, is put the user into a life or death situation, forcing those that have the ability to have a Stand to manifest it by force and thus healing their wounds with the Stand energy that gets released upon obtaining one or they die and if they can't gain one, well they die.

The virus isn't a Stand, the virus can force one to manifest a Stand though.

(And Novel Kars in the novel is the person who made the Stand Arrows).

Last edited:
Not quite. Stands are the manifestation of the soul (As early as end of Part 3) and up to Part 8 (Soft $ Wet is explicitly called Josuke's spirit manifested). Even in Part 5 they are (it's why Chariot Requiem can control other Stands, it can manipulate souls).

What the Virus does, put simply, is put the user into a life or death situation, forcing those that have the ability to have a Stand to manifest it by force and thus healing their wounds with the Stand energy that gets released upon obtaining one or they die and if they can't gain one, well they die.

The virus isn't a Stand, the virus can force one to manifest a Stand though.

(And Novel Kars in the novel is the person who made the Stand Arrows).
oh, thanks

No, its a manifestation of your will to fight from what I remember which should be something abstract. Its linked to your soul but they're not one and the same

No, its a manifestation of your will to fight from what I remember which should be something abstract. Its linked to your soul but they're not one and the same
Hasn't been that way in decades dude, that was a early Part 3 only thing, since then, all having a strong will does is allow you to control a Stand.

The soul and a Stand are basically the same thing. It's why D'Arby could steal Star Platinum's arm, it's why Chariot Requiem can control Stands, it's why Whitesnake can take out Stands (With his power explicitly being able to remove the mind and the soul in the forms of discs), it's why it's literally stated that a Stand is the soul as recent as Part 8, etc.

It's convoluted, especially due to the whole "ghosts" thing, but yes, Stands and the soul are indeed one and the same. ****, you can basically consider it like how Doppio is an offshoot of Diavolo if you really need an analog to compare, or even compare it to astral projection, a soul manifesting in a new form outside the host body.

Last edited:
maybe Bern meant if he can adapt to them.

ok basically, i say that in the theard, because i finded someone (some mods too) saying it.

(I asked the concept type 2 stuff) and basically the answer is yes, but is an assumption

Back