• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Concept Question Type 1 or 2

I am wondering if this is type 2 or type 1 as I previously got type 2 for it but I'm unsure now.

So in Undead Unluck all Umas are the Rules themselves. An Umas's introduction into the world such as Uma Ghost changed human history, making it so the idea of ghosts was always commonplace in the world such as entertainment like books or comics being made[8]. An Uma like Galaxy had even brought with them the concepts of the days of the week, celestial bodies, constellations and the mythos they're based off[9], and the death of an Uma, removes the phenomenon they rule over such as Uma Magma, Uma Thirst or Uma Insect. Umas such as Ghost are even able to change concepts such as death's interpretation in the world as well[10]

What I'm confused about is the part about type 1 cm that says "Such concepts are completely independent from the part of reality they govern, except maybe of other concepts of this nature." How would I go about proving this or is this enough for type 1? And then the other part that says "In this way, the alteration of these concepts will change every object of the concept across all of their area of influence, while the opposite wouldn't affect the concept."

Last edited:
Just based purely on my limited knowledge, it sounds like Type 1, if the Umas exist before their area of influence, i.e if Uma Galaxy exists before galaxies, and changing all galaxies wouldn't affect Uma Galaxy.

Just based purely on my limited knowledge, it sounds like Type 1, if the Umas exist before their area of influence, i.e if Uma Galaxy exists before galaxies, and changing all galaxies wouldn't affect Uma Galaxy.
Yeah they precisely bring these ideas into existence with their existence. I'm unsure about the changing thing, its never shown they can be changed

Yeah they precisely bring these ideas into existence with their existence. I'm unsure about the changing thing, its never shown they can be changed
Yeah, I think for Type 1 the concept basically has to exist retroactively before the "thing" in question. Type 1 is what it says on the tin; the concept exists independently from what it governs.

Yeah, I think for Type 1 the concept basically has to exist retroactively before the "thing" in question. Type 1 is what it says on the tin; the concept exists independently from what it governs.
So them bringing this concept into existence with their own existence wouldn't be type 1?

So them bringing this concept into existence with their own existence wouldn't be type 1?
If Umas exist retroactively before the things they embody the concept of (i.e if Uma Galaxy exists prior to the existence of galaxies), that should be enough for Type 1 I believe.

Back