• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

NEP type 1 or 2 concept question

there is a guy with nep type 2 but he is a type 2 conceptual being, not type 1

can a guy who can interact with type 1 concepts interact with the guy who has nep type 2?

But the Concept that is non-existent is only a type 2 not a type 1
The only difference between Type 1 and Type 2 Concept is that Type 1 Concept is independent of the reality it governs. In terms of non-interaction, the nature of the concept is not important. A character who can interact with a Type 2/3 Concept of Darkness can interact with a Type 1 Concept of Darkness.
(nonexistent concept)
That's literally it.

The only difference between Type 1 and Type 2 Concept is that Type 1 Concept is independent of the reality it governs. In terms of non-interaction, the nature of the concept is not important.
A character who can interact with a Type 2/3 Concept of Darkness can interact with a Type 1 Concept of Darkness.
Isnt the type 1 more fundemental/abstract then the type 2

Isnt the type 1 more fundemental/abstract then the type 2
No, it was never like this. The wiki simply makes a hierarchical distinction between the manipulation of a concept that is independent of the reality it governs and the manipulation of a concept that is dependent on the reality it governs, that's all.

No, it was never like this. The wiki simply makes a hierarchical distinction between the manipulation of a concept that is independent of the reality it governs and the manipulation of a concept that is dependent on the reality it governs, that's all.
But a Type 2 doesnt govern all of it's reality, only whatever is in its area of influence, also they are dependent on the reality they are in

Type 1 concepts do not have to govern the entire reality. (like type 2 concept) On a planet without life, there are no objects to which the type 1 concept of life.
I mean by default the Concept of Life isnt Type 1 and would need more evidence to back it up, so maybe not the best example
Also also what about A type 2 concept being bounded to an object?

@CodeCCLL bro im confused

can a guy who can interact with type 1 concepts interact with the guy who has nep type 2? a type 2 conceptual being also
yes or no

Last edited:
I don't know how many times I will say it, but this does not change the fact that it is a concept, it is still abstract at the same level.
But in this case, a Type 1 would not be affected by the destruction of the Object while a Type 2 would, as only the Object depends on the Type 1, while Type 2 are dependent on each other
Basically doesnt a Type 1 Concept make a Type 2/A Type 2 borrows from a Type 1

so would sonic for example be able to interact with NEP 2 if the guy is a type 2 conceptual being
he doesn't have feats of interacting with nep 2 but he can interact with type 1 concepts

@CodeCCLL bro im confused

can a guy who can interact with type 1 concepts interact with the guy who has nep type 2? a type 2 conceptual being also
yes or no
Phrase your question better, because your question as it stands is ridiculous.
But in this case, a Type 1 would not be affected by the destruction of the Object while a Type 2 would, as only the Object depends on the Type 1, while Type 2 are dependent on each other
Basically doesnt a Type 1 Concept make a Type 2/A Type 2 borrows from a Type 1
Do you think this is important in terms of interacting with the concept itself?
All Conceptual Manipulators are bound by the type of concept they have been shown to manipulate. A character able to manipulate a concept on a Type 3 level cannot manipulate any higher concept type.
What you said is just the reason why the statement in the quote is on the conceptual manipulation page.
so would sonic for example be able to interact with NEP 2 if the guy is a type 2 conceptual being
he doesn't have feats of interacting with nep 2 but he can interact with type 1 concepts
No, he can't interact, I don't know where you got that from, I've been trying to explain from the very beginning that a character that doesn't exist conceptually, no matter what kind of concept it lacks, doesn't exist conceptually and will not be affected by any conventional concept manipulation.

Do you think this is important in terms of interacting with the concept itself?

What you said is just the reason why the statement in the quote is on the conceptual manipulation page.
What i was trying to get at was Type 1 being more abstract then Type 2, and would in this case for Type 1 interacting with a Non-Existent Type 2

can a guy who can interact with type 1 concepts interact with the guy who has nep type 2?
I think you over complicated the question when the top half question is mentioning aspects but the bottom half asks if higher aspects can interact with different natures when you say NEP type 2.

I didn't want to come back till I was done with the chemotherapy but I can't let something this big go. Code is wrong, all three concept types while all similar because of being ideas that are blueprints of reality are also distinct enough in nature that they can't really be equalised that simply. With Type 1 Concepts being the most hard to interact with because of their whole independent of the rest of reality thing. So NEP of a Type 2 Concept wouldn't effect Type 1 Concept Manipulation because of their distinct nature despite being similar.

I didn't want to come back till I was done with the chemotherapy but I can't let something this big go. Code is wrong, all three concept types while all similar because of being ideas that are blueprints of reality are also distinct enough in nature that they can't really be equalised that simply. With Type 1 Concepts being the most hard to interact with because of their whole independent of the rest of reality thing. So NEP of a Type 2 Concept wouldn't effect Type 1 Concept Manipulation because of their distinct nature despite being similar.
Get well soon, brother.🙏

Code is wrong, all three concept types while all similar because of being ideas that are blueprints of reality are also distinct enough in nature that they can't really be equalised that simply. With Type 1 Concepts being the most hard to interact with because of their whole independent of the rest of reality thing
If this is the case, I think this is a really arbitrary standard because logically the hierarchy of type has no interaction relationship.
So NEP of a Type 2 Concept wouldn't effect Type 1 Concept Manipulation because of their distinct nature despite being similar.
So now you're saying that a character with NEP Nature Type 1/2 and Aspect Type 2 (based on type 2 concept) will be affected by Type 1 Concept Manipulation? (This is what the OP is asking) If so (which I doubt) the Aspect Type 2 section of the NEP page should be revised because there is nothing about it.

I have one question

A concept like time or space, do we assume it's type 1 or 2? Let's say one can add the concepts to a realm
Those are type 2 in a vacuum, space and time even as concepts are just the reality so they need more context to be type 1

First this depends on the concepts that he's nonexistent to

Assuming it's the same concept for both, I'd assume this depends on if type 1 concepts have some deeper fundamental interaction than type 2 other than their independence from what they govern

I'd assume if death is a type 1 concept on one area and a type 2 in another, lacking the concept of death shouldn't matter, even for the guy in which it is type 1, if one lacks the concept of death, there's... nothing to interact with, unless the type 1 guy can also create said concepts and add it,

If this is the case, I think this is a really arbitrary standard because logically the hierarchy of type has no interaction relationship.
I agree with your stance, but this is outlined in the Concept Manipulation page itself: "All Conceptual Manipulators are bound by the type of concept they have been shown to manipulate. A character able to manipulate a concept on a Type 3 level cannot manipulate any higher concept type."
So now you're saying that a character with NEP Nature Type 1/2 and Aspect Type 2 (based on type 2 concept) will be affected by Type 1 Concept Manipulation? (This is what the OP is asking) If so (which I doubt) the Aspect Type 2 section of the NEP page should be revised because there is nothing about it.
Honestly feel there should be more discussion on this weird hierarchy that we had established for stuff like CM1, CM2, Info 2 etc because it definitely impacts the scenario in the OP.

Back