• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Not Twilight Sparkle vs Skeleton

Let's give this a moment of serious consideration. I'm assuming this is Season 5 finale Starlight.

What does Starlight have:

• Teleportation - Not quite as good as Sans' considering she can only teleport herself and IIRC it takes a second or two.
  • She can Levitate - Not super useful. Sans can hit her in the air just as easisly as on the ground
  • Projectile attack and multiple types of forcefields - Pretty worthless here. Sans can just teleport her own projectiles back at her and his attack are intangeble now so forcefields won't help in the slightest
  • Can freeze people with TK - Could be useful depending on how it activates.
  • Equality Spell - Probably her best weapon against Sans, but IIRC she need contact? Please correct me if I'm wrong.
  • Mind Control Spell - Also increadibly useful depending on how it works. If it's projectile based, it's worthless.
  • Space/Time Manip - IIRC this involves her opening a portal right? If so probably not her best option
  • Speed Boost with Accelero - Very useful. Might actually make her projectiles dangerous.
  • BFR - It's stated on her profile that it's a beam? If so as above.
  • Duplication - Countered by danmaku
  • Transmutation - Beams bad no beams good.
What Sans has:

• Teleportation - He can teleport himself, his bones, her projectiles and Starlight herself.
  • Soul Poison - All of his attacks poison the soul and cause constant additional damage.
  • Intangeble attacks - As of a recent CRT, all of Sans' attack are intangeble and deal damage as they pass through an opponent. This also means shields are worthless against him.
  • Danmaku - Lots of bones, from everywhere.
  • Blue Mode - With this Sans increases and changes the pull of gravity on the opponent. He can slow her down, pull her down and fling her around.
Well that was a massive text wall. Sorry. I'm not super knowledgable on Starlight. I stoped watching the show a while before she showed up. As it stands now I need more detailed info on her abilities.

Starlight's a Mind Control Spell used on the Mane 6 minus Twi to do chores and stuff

TK is literally just her using her horn

For the Equality Spell, Nah, she doesn't need contact for it, it's PNull which nulls special talents, not smth she starts with IC.

I'm thinking Sans might actually kill her before she can get it off, given how relentless he can be. Still, waiting for more input.

Projectile attack and multiple types of forcefields - Pretty worthless here. Sans can just teleport her own projectiles back at her and his attack are intangeble now so forcefields won't help in the slightest

since when is sans capeble of reflectig projectals at his enemy?

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
  • Projectile attack and multiple types of forcefields - Pretty worthless here. Sans can just teleport her own projectiles back at her and his attack are intangeble now so forcefields won't help in the slightest
  • Can freeze people with TK - Could be useful depending on how it activates.
  • Mind Control Spell - Also increadibly useful depending on how it works. If it's projectile based, it's worthless.
  • Speed Boost with Accelero - Very useful. Might actually make her projectiles dangerous.
  • BFR - It's stated on her profile that it's a beam? If so as above.
  • Duplication - Countered by danmaku
  • Transmutation - Beams bad no beams good.

OMEGA-82 said:
Projectile attack and multiple types of forcefields - Pretty worthless here. Sans can just teleport her own projectiles back at her and his attack are intangeble now so forcefields won't help in the slightest

since when is sans capeble of reflectig projectals at his enemy?
It's not reflecting it, he's teleporting it so it hits Starlight instead.

You're kidding right? Everytime the screen flashes during his fight everything is rearanged. Plus during the netrual run he teleports both himself and the player through a solid brick wall.

Cool, lemme know when Sans has ever intanged his attacks through someones forcefields, and when he has ever teleported your attacks back at you. Oh wait he can't do either? Then Starlight sends a literal mind control bomb. He never teleport dodged. He just side stepped, not useful against a mimd control bomb.

I mean

Intagible attacks = they're intangible and don't get blocked by forcefields unless if their special

I don't remember them being intangible. Where is it shown? And really, all Starlihht has to do is do what Sans has never done, and teleport out if the way. Not to mention a 4 km starting distance.

@Lightbuster30 Sans' intangeble attacks were discussed and agreed upon here, and he's never been shown to teleport Frisk projectiles back at them in game because they have no range attack in game. But he has been really liberal with teleporting Frisk in that fight and some cut scenes so it's not tomuch of a leap.

So, the main arguments against sans are:

That he will not use a power he has to dodge despite being able to because he didn't do so when he didn't need it.

His intangible attacks can't pass through forcefields becaused they have never done that.

Them being 4 kms away (kinda useless when he can teleport closer, and I doubt she can actually see him from that far away to aim stuff at him)

So, assuming she starts with the bomb, wouldn't she be dead by the time it actually is close enough to hit? Sans will pretty much one-shot with soul destruction (No, it being chip damage to someone with resistance does not mean that someone without it can survive an attack that destroys the soul in a prolonged manner).

And really, saying Sans would never teleport dodge because he never did it in the fight is PIS. There's a big difference between a child with a knife and a massive ball of magic.

And no, sans will not teleport projectiles back. Frisk does have their gun and that journal they throw at the enemy.

(It's kinda because canon game mechanics making him unable to, but whatever)

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
An empty gun. It's explicitly stated to be empty.
Yes, you still quiet litirally fire it. Much like how you can will healing items into being, I feel that frisk being able to shoot without bullets is not really incredible. Plus, journal again.

Firstly, I used to smack my friends with books all the time.

Secondly, I really don't think we should use the Asriel fight as an example for things. It's kinda an extreme.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
So, the main arguments against sans are:

That he will not use a power he has to dodge despite being able to because he didn't do so when he didn't need it.

Them being 4 kms away (kinda useless when he can teleport closer, and I doubt she can actually see him from that far away to aim stuff at him)

So, assuming she starts with the bomb, wouldn't she be dead by the time it actually is close enough to hit? Sans will pretty much one-shot with soul destruction (No, it being chip damage to someone with resistance does not mean that someone without it can survive an attack that destroys the soul in a prolonged manner).
He either uses it to dodge or doesn't. We saw how he uses his TP in a fight. Forgot about the thread with intangibility.

We don't know how far he can teleport in one go.

All she has to do is dodge or teleport away. Sans only has dozens of meters of range with his bones.

Dude... that is like saying I don't sprint to school every day, so I won't sprint with a dog chasing me. He didn't need to use it, so he didn't. He needs to here, so he will.

At least a hundred meters with him constantly teleporting past papyruses traps. Not that it matters, as she can't see him due to such things as trees.

Sans can litirally teleport her into his range. Teleport for her takes time to activate, and dodging stuff that a not-even half a meter floating heart could is going to be hard.

I'm extreamly sure he's going to dodge normally. Maybe if he knew it was a bomb then yeah, but he doesn't.

This is in the Park I think? Same logic goes for Sans, amd uf Starlight decides to use camo then it could be a problem

Yeah, and she can teleport out. No it doesn't. It takes under a second to charge and poof away.

Because when he sees it becoming larger he will not realize he won't be able to side-step it, of course.Could you also show me some of her fight if you can? Wan't to see how often she shtarts with it.

The park isn't 4 kms wide, with the actual park itself only being a hundred at most, there are plenty trees or buildings beyond that.

Under a second when you don't even know an attack is copming seems rather bad. Plus, he could simply teleport her to his attacks. She would barely have the time to react, let alone teleport in instances like that.

So, not something she'll start with, great. Again, can someone link me multiple battles if there are? I can fiind only one, and she dies horribly if it's how she'll act here.

The ball doesn't expand before exploding, she just tosses it and it explodes.

Yeah, but aren't they supposed to have that big a starting distance? Not sure how you can start in a park 4 km away, while said park is 1/40th that. Oh and Starlight's range is supposed to be comparable to people who can make horizon spanning storms. (Rarity)

Under a second with bones coming at you from dozens of meters while you're entire kilometers away is pretty easy to dodge. Unless they're literally right in front of her face when he pulls them out, I'm cinfident dhe can dodge. He can't even teleport her by virtue of her being out of his range. And even then she'll have over a second to see the bones charging her and get out.

Back