• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Not Enough Space For The Two Of Them - Okhwang vs Vergil

Ahh okay...cool.
So it takes time to charge right??
Well Vergil can put up a demonic barrier/force field when going DT (maybe even in base but I'll have to check)
He can prevent the attack from touching his body to defend against the matter hax.

Also his coat can tank attacks that would otherwise one-shot him and his sword can be empowered by how much he wants to cut something effectively increasing its AP.
I see no resistance to spatial manip on his profile or any kind of regen or even Soul hax.

If he gets hit by Vergil's Judgement Cut from Yamato, it will bypass durability due to spatial cut, and cut him apart, that along with soul hax means there is no surviving the attack.

Vergil doesn't resist sub-atomic destruction, so both of them have ways to kill the other. Okhwang has ways to stop Vergil from hitting him or swinging his sword by increasing friction or stopping his inertia. Okhwang can also abuse his TK to toss Vergil around or throw a planet at him to throw him off focus. He can also strike Vergil with lightning with electromagnetic force or use weak force to cut through him with no effort.

Vergil doesn't resist sub-atomic destruction, so both of them have ways to kill the other.
No he doesn't resist this lvl of matter hax....but he can prevent the blast from hitting him via a demonic energy barrier.....or even blow it off with his explosive aura of DT activation.
Dante has a feat of even deflecting away a particle beam with his aura later in the series.
And particle beams have matter hax.
Which shows they can use demonic energy defensively.
And Vergil is exactly opposite of Dante....he is extremely evasive and defensive , he will not allow himself to get hit if he has means of defending himself.
Okhwang has ways to stop Vergil from hitting him or swinging his sword by increasing friction or stopping his inertia.
Any kind of physics manipulation is resisted....all demons have resistance to physics law hax, gravity hax. This won't work.
Okhwang can also abuse his TK to toss Vergil around or throw a planet at him to throw him off focus.
This is fair point but Vergil can use teleportation to escape the grasp. He loves to spam it.

He can also strike Vergil with lightning with electromagnetic force or use weak force to cut through him with no effort.
Vergil has dealt with electric attacks from Dante when he uses Nevan.
Weak Forces manipulation also falls under physics hax which is resisted.

Okhwang also has thought-based energy blasts that have less range than Big Bang but can still perform sub-atomic destruction.

Okhwang can also increase the gravity around him up to 10,000x. I don't think Vergil has resistance on this level.

Again, I don't think Vergil has atomic-level resistance. Weak and Strong Forces work with radiation and sub-atomic level matter hax.

vergil would most likely spam teleportation & JC , if okhwang doesnt start with the matter hax, vergil likely takes this
Vergil wouldn't suddenly become unsensable to Ohkwang, he can sense people cross the solar system. The moment Vergil even moves his hand, inertia, weak force, and strong force make that attempt useless. Coupled with his range advantage, Vergil will need a miracle.

Vergil wouldn't suddenly become unsensable to Ohkwang, he can sense people cross the solar system. The moment Vergil even moves his hand, inertia, weak force, and strong force make that attempt useless. Coupled with his range advantage, Vergil will need a miracle.
assuming he leads with all of those, which from what i am reading, he doesnt, he starts with his sword and doesnt vergil resist matter stuff?
also FYI vergil doesnt need to move to throw out a judgement cut as shown here

assuming he leads with all of those, which from what i am reading, he doesnt, he starts with his sword and doesnt vergil resist matter stuff?
also FYI vergil doesnt need to move to throw out a judgement cut as shown here

Isn't he at least tightening his grip there?

those are just baseless assumptions, there's nothing to suggest that he unsheathed the sword in the scans above, especially since he wasnt even shown sheathing it back, and ofc this is just assuming okhwang starts With TK and matter manip to begin with, and from reading this thread alone, he most likely doesnt
if he doesnt vergil tags & calls it a day

"Nothing to suggest"
The placement of his thumb consistent with how many would start unsheathing a katana in fiction. He pushes the tsuba and that delivers a JC. Pretty consistent with its general portrayal in the games too, specially when the artwork strictly emphasize the way he is gripping the sword.

We absolutely have reason to believe he isn't just delivering a JC without movement.

He seems to resist empathetic manipulation

And yes that covers fear, fear is literally an emotion

Like at the beginning of the year.

Remember when you said you wanted nothing to do with the revisions? That's why we didn't call you.

That's what happens I guess,

Link me the feat on my wall when you have the time, I'm curious.

Okhwang uses all his hax with his regular attacks. The only time he didn't was when he was literally power nulled into CQC, and even then he still had technique mimicry and could overwhelm a bunch of other martial artists.

Big Bang would only be a last resort, but considering Okhwang had no qualms just yeeting planets at his opponents, I don't think it will be long before he goes for the nuclear option.

Is this not for Devil Trigger? Which Vergil doesn't start off as?
He does like to use it against comparable opponents.
Its his way of summoning barriers and stuff.
Improves several of his techniques,
So its in character here.....will come into play early , especially if he notices he is getting haxxed.
Maybe even in first few seconds

So you're saying Vergil who isn't bloodlusted will immediately do the one thing and then the other specific thing from his vast array of abilities that allows him to win?

So you're saying Vergil who isn't bloodlusted will immediately do the one thing and then the other specific thing from his vast array of abilities that allows him to win?
One specific thing and other specific thing??
Clarify please....

DT isn't a Bloodlusted move.
Its his conscious decision to do so , and in character. He relies on it heavily to gain tactical advantage in Boss fights.....especially when he is pressured.
Hell his barriers use DT. Which he will use to defend against those matter hax blasts.
Judgement Cut End is also a DT move.
It also gives him flight and Speed boost.
All these are tactical advantages.

The motivations to use DT for Vergil are tactical......unlike Younger Dante who only relies on it for power.

He gets pressured even little bit here he goes hax mode fast.

The fear hax is proximity based right? Okhwang can just sense the danger and keep his distance. He can even use TK to push Vergil away. Okhwang still has ranged options such as thought based sub-atomic energy blasts and just swinging his sword which can reach hundreds of thousands of kilometers.

The fear hax is proximity based right? Okhwang can just sense the danger and keep his distance. He can even use TK to push Vergil away. Okhwang still has ranged options such as thought based sub-atomic energy blasts and just swinging his sword which can reach hundreds of thousands of kilometers.
Yes Fear hax is proximity based.....10 to 50 m at best...

Considering SBA states battle starting at 4Km..
TK used by Okhwang is a very valid option.

And reviewing the battle again.
I can firmly claim that Vergil will DT from start to cover gap...since his combat range is only 10s of Metres.

He will use DT speed Amp, Flight, Teleportation to close distance.
And Barrier will be used for defense.
And just a reminder DT transformation allows Vergil to one shot his base self. And Base Form Vergil in base already has AP advantage of 10X over Okhwang for being 8FoE vs O.8 FoE...
He can tank all physical attacks of Okhwang without a scratch. And DT Vergil can one shot Okhwang even with simple Summoned Swords due to AP advantag.....despite Okhwang's coat which saves him from one shot.

Only wincons Okhwang has are haxxes.

Can you tell me how the this thought based matter hax blasts work??

Back