• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Not-Bert fights that dude from Ferngully

I suppose he doesn't, but it'll come down to that after an elongated Brawl. I doubt it's in character for Hexus to just reality warp his opponents away either, right?

What does he start with when we see him in action?

Restricted is rending the space of their opponents bodies, although in his originl power its alot higher. As for causality, think Mephisto

Both aren't going to deal with Ernie's non-corporeal body. He could easily just possess an undead and keep fighting. Eventually it'll go down to mindhax.

What exactly constitutes his Non-corporeality, is it acasual? If so, Hexus makes it so Ernie never died

It's not acasual I guess. Although it's techically immune to time paradoxes, as he was able to survive the destruction of the entire universe.

I...

Just found something I missed in my initial read of the old EE comics.

And it's kind of important.

Well, Ernie's possession doesn't work the way I initially thought it did.

The reason the specific people in the comics ended up being possessed was because they attempted to pick up Smiley from the ground. Ernie's consciousness apparently only finds its way into people when the button sticks them with its pin after (I'm guessing?) hypnotizing them into trying to pick it up.

It's basically the same as Jason possessing people by hypnotizing them into eating his heart. Except the "heart" in this case is capable of surviving Low 2-C destruction.

Anyway, this means I ****** up when I said he could maybe possess one of his undeads to restore himself in another thread. He can't actually do that.

In regards to the match, I do have a question though.

As far as the spatial attacks go, what are their mechanics, exactly? Can Hexus summon them with a thought, or does he need to do some sort of hand motion in order to do so? And do they have enough AoE to affect Ernie's entire body at once?

MrKingOfNegativity said:
In regards to the match, I do have a question though.
As far as the spatial attacks go, what are their mechanics, exactly? Can Hexus summon them with a thought, or does he need to do some sort of hand motion in order to do so? And do they have enough AoE to affect his entire body at once?
Thought based, and it affects his body, but it doesn't totally crush it in restricted, although it's alot stronger in Original Power, but to what degree is unknown

Well, it takes a fair bit longer (we're not given an exact timeframe) for Ernie to regenerate his entire body than it does for him to regenerate, say, some missing flesh or severed limbs. But once he does pick himself back up from that, he'll probably resort to mindhax right after, seeing as he isn't the kind of person to play games with people who wield those kinds of powers.

As far as what he starts off with, he's a lot more likely to use energy attacks in the beginning, which in this case are more likely to get him obliterated than anything else.

Well, seeing as the time needed for win via incap is 24 hours IIRC, I dunno. I say Ernie takes longer to regen his entire body, but on the occasion where he did that, he was still back up and running before the night was over.

Is Hexus's causality manip thought based as well?

MrKingOfNegativity said:
Well, seeing as the time needed for win via incap is 24 hours IIRC, I dunno. I say Ernie takes longer to regen his entire body, but on the occasion where he did that, he was still back up and running before the night was over.
Is Hexus's causality manip thought based as well?
Its never really made indept, but since most of his powers are, i think so.

Well, if that's the case, I think it's inconclusive then. Even if Ernie gets himself completely blown into vapor the first time around, he'll be back in shape in enough time to fight again, in which case it more or less comes down to which one of them can manage to hax the other first. (Isn't that always fun?)

MrKingOfNegativity said:
Well, if that's the case, I think it's inconclusive then. Even if Ernie gets himself completely blown away the first time around, he'll be back in shape in enough time to fight again, in which case it more or less comes down to which one of them can manage to hax the other first. (Isn't that always fun?)
Yes OVO

Back